IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

I think I'll Wait until I get W-8 to do the SD 2.5 Update.

Toppack

toppack

are you sure you want w8? i have not seen the beta yet but reading about it there is no option to change from tile view to classic windows view, also start and shutdown missing too not sure how you access start menu or shut down.

I've been told that the Final version will have those options,

but I will Wait and see before buying it. ;-)

toppack

are you sure you want w8? i have not seen the beta yet but reading about it there is no option to change from tile view to classic windows view, also start and shutdown missing too not sure how you access start menu or shut down.

Say What?

I have been using W8 since W8-DP came out and am using W8-RP. I rarely if ever go into Metro.

What I have yet to figure out is why sometimes when I log in W8 goes straight to the Desktop and other times to the Metro start up screen from which I just click on the desktop Tile to got to desktop.

Shutdown is not missing and neither is restart.

As far at the old archaic Start Options that has been replaced by going to the lower left hand side of the display in Desktop and either clicking on start apps or right clicking to get to a list of Window Utilities. You can also do that along the right side of your display in the desktop but not as directly.

You be spreading all this false baloney about W8. SMH

all bright and happy now

Not after you read my post before this one.

So much false crap has been spread about W8 it is ridiculous.

In fact W8 will be able to run on a Macbook Air and maybe even an iPad and/or iPhone. The first is a definite the last two are what I consider a logical marketing plan by Microsoft in developing W8.

Sorry to jump all over you but I for one am sick and tired of all this false crap being spread about W8 from both Applephiles and people who just don't know what the heck they are talking about.

P.S. I am also an Ubuntu user. Current version 12.04. In many ways I like Ubuntu better than Windows be it W7 or W8. I haven't totally gone to Ubuntu because I just don't want to take the time to understand what I need to to fix problems that may come up and require writing UNIX code at the Terminal function to do it.

So much false crap has been spread about W8 it is ridiculous.

I Agree, thanks for the Info.

What I have yet to figure out is why sometimes when I log in W8 goes straight to the Desktop and other times to the Metro start up screen from which I just click on the desktop Tile to got to desktop.

Could it be the Way it was Shut-down, the previous time, that effects the Start-up?

Archived