IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Advanced SystemCare with Antivirus ...

ASC with AV uses the same engine as Bitdefender which has one of the highest detection rates of any A/V software.:-D

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

I know about that ... but BITDEFENDER can detect eicar as virus....ASC + AV can't do this "hard thing" :D

They just need to improve prevention , ASC with AV 2013 has good detection :smile:

I just dont understand something :

I tryed Bitdefender Total Security 2013 and ASC with AV 2013 (Just to test )

When i downloaded virus (just to test,virus was in .rar ) Bitdefender blocked it before i downloaded it :lol: I clicked "download" and it didn't even started to download and bitdefender instantly blocked the threat.

When i tryed that with ASC With AV 2013 i downloaded the same virus in .rar and ASC with AV 2013 didn't reacted ( everything was up to date, real time protection "ON") i need to either open the file , or right click and scan to gets detected by ASC with AV 2013.

Maybe It has same detection as bitdefender , but Bitdefender is MUCH MUCH BETTER in prevention. It has great web shield and many others i'm sure, just awesome.

This was the virus so called "Rouge Virus Defender.rar" i dont want to post link :/

There's a big difference between ASC With AV 2013 and Bitdefender .

ASC With AV 2013 is not good enough as bitdefender.

Cheers :smile:

Hi Lyon275.

I never said they were the same. I never placed a value judgement on either software. I stated that ASC with A/V uses the same engine. Of course they are two different softwares.:shock: My comments are general reflections on A/V programs. That is why I posted the link to the other thread in my earlier post!:roll:

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

I never said they were the same. I never placed a value judgement on either software. I stated that ASC with A/V uses the same engine. Of course they are two different softwares.:shock: My comments are general reflections on A/V programs. That is why I posted the link to the other thread in my earlier post!:roll:

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

Ok, No need for anger :-| I just said what i tested , but i should not said "you can't say they're the same" cuz you didn't said that. I'm sorry :-( :cry:

I have downloaded eicar test file (zipped) but Advanced SystemCare with Antivirus haven't found it as virus! :(

When I have clicked "SCAN", eicar file was found as virus but real protect didn't!

Hi norton737 :)

I found a simple solution for your concern. In my testing of ASC with AV 2013, I wondered about having auto protect be able to detect within compressed files, which is basically your concern with the eicar test file zip format.

Simply go into antivirus setting, Auto protect, change the protection level from default setting of "Medium" and adjust it up to "Full" protection of ALL files.

Save settings and your concern should be resolved! :) I have tested this at the High setting for Auto protect, which covers ALL file types, and it has caught everything I tested with in compressed format in real time.

I am surprised no one knew this, but I guess we are all still testing and enjoying this new suite...great job IObit! You have a very well mannered suite of useful tools and one of the BEST detection engines available. Thank you!

I hope this information above helps you norton. Please let us know :)

All my best!

Jim

---

Hi Jim1cor13... welcome to the Iobit forums!

Thank you very much for that!!!:mrgreen:

I do not have ASC w/AV and cannot do any testing or post operational solutions on it. It is users and new members like you that make this forum work:grin:. You have gone out of your way to join the forum and post an operational solution. I do hope you remain an active member! You are appreciated.

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

Thank you very much for that!!!:mrgreen:

I do not have ASC w/AV and cannot do any testing or post operational solutions on it. It is users and new members like you that make this forum work:grin:. You have gone out of your way to join the forum and post an operational solution. I do hope you remain an active member! You are appreciated.

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

Hi Melvin :)

You are very welcome my friend! Thank you for your kind words, and I hope to be able to contribute and help users if I am able.

I think IObit ASC with AV 2013 has potential to be the BEST antivirus and system utility suite available. I say this because of how well mannered it is, and how stable it runs. Another very important factor is how well it manages its use of system resources. This is important for any customer to know...this excellent suite is not a resource hog, and it is easily a top pick in my opinion. Quality and very good performance. Thank you for this.

Have a nice day Melvin, and thank you again for the warm welcome :)

All my best!

Jim

---

:idea:I think it's Time for a Group-Hug! :lol:

:roll::oops::roll::-D

I get the feeling that the Only thing ASC/AV and BitDefender have in Common

is the 'Definition-Set' (Malware-Black-List).

and the Main Programs (search-engines) and GUI are Very Different ?

My guess is that IObit Rents the 'Definition-Set' from BitDefender?

If I'm Wrong, Please Prove it!

Hi norton737 :)

I found a simple solution for your concern. In my testing of ASC with AV 2013, I wondered about having auto protect be able to detect within compressed files, which is basically your concern with the eicar test file zip format.

Simply go into antivirus setting, Auto protect, change the protection level from default setting of "Medium" and adjust it up to "Full" protection of ALL files.

Save settings and your concern should be resolved! :) I have tested this at the High setting for Auto protect, which covers ALL file types, and it has caught everything I tested with in compressed format in real time.

I am surprised no one knew this, but I guess we are all still testing and enjoying this new suite...great job IObit! You have a very well mannered suite of useful tools and one of the BEST detection engines available. Thank you!

I hope this information above helps you norton. Please let us know :)

All my best!

Jim

---

I HAVE DID THAT.....I'M NOT SO STUPID! :X

:roll::oops::-D

Hi Toppack :)

I would say your observation is correct. As far as I know, IObit partnered with BD, which was brilliant in my opinion, and yes, the def. files and engine appear to be the same as BD. Plugins folder is approx. 290MB which is the definition files, and BD has a lot of them!

As far as the terms between IObit and BD, I do not know. It is possible they 'rent' them so to speak, but in any case, it works, and the detection rate with Auto Protect set to "High" ALL files protection is excellent, the very kind of performance users need and look for in a quality suite such as this, along with each component working seamlessly together, which so far for me, it has.

So personally, I think your observation is correct or at least very close, and for IObit it is a prudent agreement with a company such as BD. I hope it continues for a long time and is beneficial for both companies.

*group hug* :lol:

Have a nice day!

All my best!

Jim

---

I HAVE DID THAT.....I'M NOT SO STUPID! :X

You are not stupid at all norton. Why would anyone think that? It was a good question, and I hope what I shared worked for you as it did for me with compressed test files. :-)

Have a nice day!

All my best!

Jim

---

:roll::oops::roll::-D

IObit company licensed to thank the following sections ederiz.belirtildiği program to download to everyone kurasız çekilişsiz alabilir.Sistem engine optimization program that combines antivirus with IObit Advanced SystemCare, at the same time ensuring the safety of both users and offers pc performance. Advanced SystemCare is currently in beta test users were presented with Antivirus.

The program is a file size of 137 Mb, BitDefender antivirus engine and antimalware engine, have the DOG.

Advanced SystemCare with Antivirus uses IObit and Bitdefender engine.

Even though it is using the BD engine, take note that the engine version may not be the same at first. An example is ASCwAV having the 2012 engine but not 2013. Trust me, a year can make a difference.

Anyways, the engine can be modified internally by BD or the "borrowing" vendor such as increasing heuristics, etc. Eicar is not all that important so its okay if a vendor does not detect it. One sample does not prove that ASCwAV is, um, inferior. When the file is protected, may have to unwrap the skin in order for it to be detected. While zipped the file can't do anything (still not safe..) so you have to extract it. F-Secure uses BD engine + in-house technologies, for example. A malicious file can be detected using heuristics, behavioral, internal sandbox mechanisms, or other advanced technologies.

FYI BitDefender gets some greens for licensing their engine. :mrgreen: And for all we know, the extra stuff a vendor wants may increase the cost.

You must think IObit users are stupid and nothing like a condescending statement to prove it.

That was not cool

Why are You being So Negative ???

I see nothing "condescending" about his very accurate and informative statements ?

All of which I agree with completely.

Why are You being So Negative ???

I see nothing "condescending" about his very accurate and informative statements ?

All of which I agree with completely.

Trust Me, a year can make a difference

Do you really think the people who he was having the discussion with don't know this? This is like computing 102.

If he was responding to a computer newbie than fine it is useful and helpful information. However, tell me that you didn't know this beforehand.

It is clearly condescending because it talks down to those who he was discussing this topic with by saying. "You guys and gals don't know crap, trust me, a year can make a difference"

Fact is if you are using a software program that updates more often than annually a day can make a difference, like in zero-day security updates.

Sorry, but I have spent a lot of years in and around computers and I don't like it when someone just brushes off my opinion but insulting my experience and knowledge with "Trust me, a year can make a difference"

I have worked long and hard to learn thousands maybe even tens of thousands of things about computers including that "a day, yet along a year can make a very big difference, when it comes to computer security". In fact when it comes to computer security a millisecond can make a difference.

Archived