IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Suggestions for Advanced SystemCare 6

enoskype

Hi RTexasF... welcome to the Iobit forums!

I have a suggestion.......scan and repair should not have to be checked to perform repairs, it should be the default. The entire purpose of the program is to scan & repair so why should I have to tick a box to instruct it to do so?

I have chosen to use the feature that allows the program to run when the computer is idle. I don't know what it considers idle but I get the small pop up that it is running while I am using/typing/surfing on the computer. I think perhaps that should be addressed.

This is an improvement... you have control! You should always review the scan results and be forced to choose what you wish to "fix"

If you search the threads you will see damage can occur if you blindly fix all reported issues!:shock: ASC is a powerful tool! I personally would never wish such a tool to automatically make those decisions (concerning the damage done in the past!!) Look and search the threads here!!

PLEASE Understand that you have volunteered to test ASC beta 6!!! Any damage to your system... you accepted when you clicked the "accept" button on the license page of ASC6 beta.

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi LuanBR,

Start clicking and wake up!:mrgreen:

Be glad you have so many chances to click and choose your preferences!:grin:

You can tailor this software to do exactly what you want it to.

You can also just let it run and choose the max settings and end up re-formatting!

http://i46.tinypic.com/727xwx.jpg

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

P.S. Just my opinion!!!

Hi everybody,

If you tick the boxes of the functions to scan, they stay ticked untill the time you untick them.

If it is not like that, then there is something wrong with the clean installation of ASC6 Beta 1.0 performed.

Cheers.

I think the PC Health icon should stay, but not as big. Just a little bar on the top, aside of the name of the program, going from red to yellow to green, so it would not ocuppy that many space on the interface.

Second video of LuanBR clearly shows that when only Shorcut Fixer ticked and used in simplified mode, second time only Shortcut Fix is seen as ticked.

Cheers.

We wasn't talking about those parts, like shortcut fixer or anything, being ticked, but of the "Automatically repair" being ticked and not remaining ticked.

LuanBR,

"Automatic Repair" does not stay ticked on purpose not to cause unwanted results if a user forgets that it is ticked and deep registry is fixed without double checking the consent of the user.

Cheers.

What !

Why didn't you Say That 'Long Time Ago' :shock: :roll: :lol:

LaunBR, I think they are Trying to Confuse Us, On Purpose! :lol:

Either that, or they have been celebrating the start of the Olympics too much, with too much beer. :lol:

Hey Toppack, ;-)

Install this ASC6 Beta 1.0 and perhaps then I can't confuse you that much if you don't confuse yourself. :lol:

Cheers.

Hey, that would make it 'Too Easy' and Not as Much Fun ! :lol:

I think My Beta-testing days are Over, since I no longer have a dedicated computer for that. :???:

There are two things I would like to see in the tool box menu.

1. A zip file program to open all zip files, would be handy, and useful.

2. A file type converter for music files and document files, this too would come in very handy.

I think these two would make ASC6 more useful to many users, and not make the program any larger than what it is already, as they could be load as separate items like smart defrag and uninstaller.:idea:

A Zip file program would be understandable, How ever when you ask for a File (Music/Video) converter. that would be asking to much as ASC6 is a cleaning program and is totality different program. Go check out Freemake.

Suggestion for ASC 6

My suggestion for ASC 6:

1. Privacy sweep - allow to unchecked specific files to be delete after a scan.

For some reason there were some require saved file detected via this function.

Example: flash game which can be save for next time continue.

2. Remove redundant tools.

The functions inside the toolbox mostly already contain in the CARE tab.

I am not sure there are algorithm different between the external tools and the CARE tab function, but a test I done for it show that after a repair done in the CARE tab function, a scan from tools will contain no error.

Redundant tools I detected:

i. Registry Cleaner (Registry Fix in CARE tab)

ii. Registry Defrag

For ASC 6 toolbox:

1. Encryption tools - Encrypt file for protection from being view by unnecessary user.

2. Program De-activator - De-activate program instead of uninstall (suggestion from norton737)

3. Empty Space Wiper - Wipe out the empty space from being recovered.

Currently there are File shredder for existing file, and this function for empty space wiping.

4. Resources usage detector - Detect file locked by some hidden process.

Sometime we fail to delete, move or edit specific file that cause by some process is using the file resources, this function help identify the specific process. Additional feature for kill process and resources release if possible.

This is my opinion after using the product. Hope this help for the development.

A Zip file program would be understandable, How ever when you ask for a File (Music/Video) converter. that would be asking to much as ASC6 is a cleaning program and is totality different program. Go check out Freemake.

+1 ;) Yes! This is PC OPTIMIZING SOFTWARE!

Beta Impressions - First of Many

I wasn't too crazy about the dual menus for noob and advanced folk, as it makes you go thru an extra step to get to Tools. The bright colors are unnecessary, but I'm sure end-users will think them pretty...

On a serious note, the Tools menu is now, what I feel, a cluttered mess. Not sure what I'd change yet, but be sure I'll let you know. Incorporating Internet speed calibration and improvement into the scan is a good idea.

More to come...

Quack!

no driver maintenance?

the latest beta appears to be missing the driver update and maintainance feature. this is to me and I am sure many other power users an important feature to have in a system maintentance suite. the ability to make sure all of my system drivers are up to date

the latest beta appears to be missing the driver update and maintainance feature. this is to me and I am sure many other power users an important feature to have in a system maintentance suite. the ability to make sure all of my system drivers are up to date

..it is still on beta that's why.

My suggestion for ASC 6:

2. Remove redundant tools.

The functions inside the toolbox mostly already contain in the CARE tab.

I am not sure there are algorithm different between the external tools and the CARE tab function, but a test I done for it show that after a repair done in the CARE tab function, a scan from tools will contain no error.

Redundant tools I detected:

i. Registry Cleaner (Registry Fix in CARE tab)

ii. Registry Defrag

Yes, I agree with this Guy, I know you guys want it to look like you have a lot of software in the toolbox, however we do not need Repleted software.

Imagine that you have a tablet with Windows 8 ... are you will be able to use ASC 6 on it? NO!

Maybe IObit must make METRO app ... :)

Hi nnorton737,

I believe there are some adapted Iobit portable apps available if you look around on the Internet. Be sure you find one that is licensed by Iobit.:wink:

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

Yes, I agree with this Guy, I know you guys want it to look like you have a lot of software in the toolbox, however we do not need Repleted software.

Hi!:grin:

This is excellent feedback!

The tools in the toolbox aren't identical to those in the CARE section. It also has to do with the software packaging as the toolbox is offered as an independant download as well.

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!