IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware log

this is the log for my last scan, I have been having problems here the last few days (since I downloaded the advanced system care 6 beta program) I know that has nothing to do with it, but I have learned its best to provide full information I can but around the same time I downloaded that, I started having some BAD problems where my computers system would rocket

(Microsoft Windows XP

Home Edition

Version 2002

Service Pack 3

processor Intel® Celron® M CPU 410 @ 1.46GHz

Memory 502MB RAM)

Would top out and it was weird, the cpu AND the RAM would top out, I use the tool from advanced system care 6 beta 1.0 "smart ram" and it shows EVERYTHING topped out, and cpu topped out as well, but I would also have weird occurences where the computer would freeze up, now avg didn't catch any of these programs in the attached log.

NOTE: I AM NOT trying to get this computer perfect, I got it perfect as much as I can, but right now I want to fix the new problem with the ram and cpu topping out, I have a feeling its because of the trojans and stuff on here, I have only run a quick scan wiht mbam and this is what it came up wiht, I will run a full run if the slowness hasn't ended, but please look at the log and tell me what I should do about those, I ran this scan twice, and it hasn't gotten rid of them, I crashed shortly after the first one because of a personal malfuntion (STUPID CAT KNOCKED IT TO THE FLOOR -.-)

Hello and welcome to IOBit Forums. My name is Dave. I will be helping you out with your particular problem on your computer.

1. I will be working on your Malware issues. This may or may not solve other issues you have with your machine.

2. The fixes are specific to your problem and should only be used for this issue on this machine.

3. If you don't know or understand something, please don't hesitate to ask.

4. Please DO NOT run any other tools or scans while I am helping you.

5. It is important that you reply to this thread. Do not start a new topic.

6. Your security programs may give warnings for some of the tools I will ask you to use. Be assured, any links I give are safe.

7. Absence of symptoms does not mean that everything is clear.

If you can't access the internet with your infected computer you will have to download and transfer any programs to the computer you're using now and transfer them to the infected computer with a CD-RW or a USB storage device. I prefer a CD because a storage device can get infected. If you use a storage device hold the shift key down while inserting the USB storage device for about 10 secs. You will also have to transfer the logs you receive back to the good computer using the same method until we can get the computer back on-line.

Please run MBAM again and, this time, cure the infections.

SUPERAntiSpyware

If you already have SUPERAntiSpyware be sure to check for updates before scanning!

Download SuperAntispyware Free Edition (SAS)

* Double-click the icon on your desktop to run the installer.

* When asked to Update the program definitions, click Yes

* If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download and unzip them from here

* Next click the Preferences button.

•Under Start-Up Options uncheck Start SUPERAntiSpyware when Windows starts

* Click the Scanning Control tab.

* Under Scanner Options make sure only the following are checked:

•Close browsers before scanning

•Scan for tracking cookies

•Terminate memory threats before quarantining

Please leave the others unchecked

•Click the Close button to leave the control center screen.

* On the main screen click Scan your computer

* On the left check the box for the drive you are scanning.

* On the right choose Perform Complete Scan

* Click Next to start the scan. Please be patient while it scans your computer.

* After the scan is complete a summary box will appear. Click OK

* Make sure everything in the white box has a check next to it, then click Next

* It will quarantine what it found and if it asks if you want to reboot, click Yes

•To retrieve the removal information please do the following:

•After reboot, double-click the SUPERAntiSpyware icon on your desktop.

•Click Preferences. Click the Statistics/Logs tab.

•Under Scanner Logs, double-click SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log.

•It will open in your default text editor (preferably Notepad).

•Save the notepad file to your desktop by clicking (in notepad) File > Save As...

* Save the log somewhere you can easily find it. (normally the desktop)

* Click close and close again to exit the program.

*Copy and Paste the log in your post.

Download Combofix from any of the links below, and save it to your DESKTOP.

Link 1

Link 2

Link 3

To prevent your anti-virus application interfering with ComboFix we need to disable it. See here for a tutorial regarding how to do so if you are unsure.

• Close any open windows and double click ComboFix.exe to run it.

You will see the following image:

http://i424.photobucket.com/albums/pp322/digistar/NSIS_disclaimer_ENG.png

Click I Agree to start the program.

ComboFix will then extract the necessary files and you will see this:

http://i424.photobucket.com/albums/pp322/digistar/NSIS_extraction.png

As part of it's process, ComboFix will check to see if the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed. With malware infections being as they are today, it's strongly recommended to have this pre-installed on your machine before doing any malware removal. This will not occur in Windows Vista and 7

It will allow you to boot up into a special recovery/repair mode that will allow us to more easily help you should your computer have a problem after an attempted removal of malware.

If you did not have it installed, you will see the prompt below. Choose YES.

http://i424.photobucket.com/albums/pp322/digistar/RcAuto1.gif

Follow the prompts to allow ComboFix to download and install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console, and when prompted, agree to the End-User License Agreement to install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console.

**Please note: If the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is already installed, ComboFix will continue it's malware removal procedures.

Once the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed using ComboFix, you should see the following message:

http://i424.photobucket.com/albums/pp322/digistar/whatnext.png

Click on Yes, to continue scanning for malware.

When finished, it will produce a report for you. Please post the contents of the log (C:\ComboFix.txt).

Leave your computer alone while ComboFix is running. ComboFix will restart your computer if malware is found; allow it to do so.

Note: Please Do NOT mouseclick combofix's window while its running because it may cause it to stall.

I will be busy tonight most of the night looking for apartments online, and tomorrow I will be busy online, will there be anything bad happen if I do this if I have the browser open while I follow these steps? or should I just find time to do this with out the browser on?

either way, it can not be tonight, I am horrible busy with looking for an apartment and job out of state, emergency really, which is why I need to know soon :cry:

I will be busy tonight most of the night looking for apartments online, and tomorrow I will be busy online, will there be anything bad happen if I do this if I have the browser open while I follow these steps? or should I just find time to do this with out the browser on?

either way, it can not be tonight, I am horrible busy with looking for an apartment and job out of state, emergency really, which is why I need to know soon :cry:

No, it shouldn't hurt to use your browser but it may be frustrating. If you run MBAM again and clean the infections, it may help with your problem.

No, it shouldn't hurt to use your browser but it may be frustrating. If you run MBAM again and clean the infections, it may help with your problem.

ok, I will run the full thing really fast and see what comes of it, if it comes back with no more infections, should I still run these steps you posted, or will that be the end of it? avg didnt' catch anything when I ran it before I ran the quick scan of mbam

ok, I will run the full thing really fast and see what comes of it, if it comes back with no more infections, should I still run these steps you posted, or will that be the end of it? avg didnt' catch anything when I ran it before I ran the quick scan of mbam

Hi CJ,

You must not be running Mbam right.

I ran this scan twice, and it hasn't gotten rid of them
This will be the fourth Mbam scan. You must fix the infections at the end of the scan before closing the program! Malwarebytes does not automatically fix the infections... you have to tell it to! Slow down and look!! This is what Dave means by:
If you run MBAM again and clean the infections, it may help with your problem.
You must also not be understanding Dave when he tells you it is ok to do this while you are using your browser. He says you may be frustrated. Your system will be slower because of the resources utilized by the software scanner. This will slow your browser.

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

Hi CJ,

You must not be running Mbam right.

This will be the fourth Mbam scan. You must fix the infections at the end of the scan before closing the program! Malwarebytes does not automatically fix the infections... you have to tell it to! Slow down and look!! This is what Dave means by: You must also not be understanding Dave when he tells you it is ok to do this while you are using your browser. He says you may be frustrated. Your system will be slower because of the resources utilized by the software scanner. This will slow your browser.

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

Hey melvin deal, its good to see you again, one of the best, I am having problems tonight the computer, so I will have to run it tomorrow but I wanted you to see that I DID in fact do like I was supposed to do with mbam, I have run it twice now, not 3 times yet, I have yet to get to run it fully yet, as I said, I am in the process of trying to move out of state and so I'm looking for properties and jobs, you have no clue how hard it is to find something online when your computer is as badly off as mine, but I will report what is done tomorrow, as for my files here, I had clicked remove, but there just quarinteened, and also, the information that I have given in this first part of the thread, was that good? I know in the other threads, I messed up up alaot

I am done right now and getting ready to go to bed so I will wait for a few to see if you reply, if not then you have an amazing night Melvin :razz:

Hi CJ,

This is what a sucessfully cleaned item looks like in a MBAM log as opposed to yours... "no action taken"

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=10237&d=1343658961

You are running MBAM as administrator?

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

oh my god I thought my log showed them as deleted and repaired, wow, I will run the scan right now, I have to run as admin, for some reason, this computer don't count MY current profile as the admin, even if it IS just renamed, I'll be back soon with the new log lol

that is just weird, I can't get it to show me logs, but it did show that Its gone now, but I'm still running slower than before, ram is topped out again, I have 1.69 gbs left, I have a few movies I downloaded, on here for my girlfriend, but they all together are 10 gigs, can I compress those so I can transfer them to her computer and then maybe i can free up 10 gigs, IF I can get them down to under 8 gigs, I can put them on my flash drive and then have more memory free

I have a few movies I downloaded, on here for my girlfriend, but they all together are 10 gigs, but I'm still running slower than before, ram is topped out again, I have 1.69 gbs left, I have a few movies I downloaded, on here for my girlfriend, but they all together are 10 gigs, can I compress those so I can transfer them to her computer and then maybe i can free up 10 gigs, IF I can get them down to under 8 gigs, I can put them on my flash drive and then have more memory free

Hi CJ,

It appears you are posting on an unrelated issue to the Malware you are trying to clean.

I have 1.69 gbs left

I have a few movies I downloaded, on here for my girlfriend, but they all together are 10 gigs

What do you mean by this??? You must slow down and be specific!!

I can't get it to show me logs
Until you find your situation possible to respond sufficiently to Superdave and are able to follow simple instructions to fix the malware... I will close this thread you created in the Malware removal section!! (At least I won't delete it like I did last time)

Your system should still be clean if you had followed the advisements in your earlier malware removal thread! You cannot run on the internet unprotected for the sake of speed because your machine is inadequate!! (Evidence is on other threads outside of the Malware/Spyware removal section)

You get infected again... after two months... then post here again... and don't follow instructions... then post about unrelated personal issues... (girlfriend and having to move all belong on sympathy posts in the lounge section)

Not on the malware removal section!:smile:

You couldn't edit your first post because this section is restricted and dedicated to fixing members machines. If the member who is affected does not respect or understand and appreciate the valuable service and experience offered here enough to follow the instructions... I will eventually delete the thread so Superdave doesn't have to look or think about it!!!

As it is, I am closing this thread until what time you can find to figure out how to run MBAM and post the results. You may want to figure out how to get some free space on your HD as well! Then you can open another thread here. If you open another thread in the malware removal section... you will have followed the instructions given to you in this closed thread. Or it will be deleted by me.

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

Archived