IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

I believe scared is the word

cmjf0013

This time last year, I was struck by a truck on my mountain bike, the impact was close to 40 miles combined and I was thrown, I now find out tomorrow if I require surgery on my left shoulder I have a torn tendon in that shoulder, and then I also have 2 ruptured disks in my back, L4 and L5, and that may also require surgery, do you have any idea how badly that will be? any encourgement? I'm terrified that somethings going to go wrong with the surgery and I will be worse off then I am now.

does anybody know anything about injuries like mine?

Good luck

I don't know anything about these injuries you mention but these days surgery is not the game of chance it was when I was young :shock:

I can remember when it was big news that the first heart transplant had been done and now it's quite common.

Wishing you good luck and and quick recovery :smile:

All the best, woz of oz

I would be careful taking medical advise from a forum like this.

But.....

I have had lower back problems for years. It was once herniated, now the disk is completely gone.

My GP told me not to have back surgery unless I was falling down or pooping on myself.

So far, neither has happened.

I think the risk/reward scale is way out of balance with back surgery.

I would be careful taking medical advise from a forum like this.

But.....

I have had lower back problems for years. It was once herniated, now the disk is completely gone.

My GP told me not to have back surgery unless I was falling down or pooping on myself.

So far, neither has happened.

I think the risk/reward scale is way out of balance with back surgery.

Awww.... youve broken my heart Masterblaster :cry:

as my initials are MD! Doesn't that make me a doctor??:lol:

I wish you the best CJ... as Woz says medicine is not in the stone ages anymore. I do hope you have gotten a second opinion though? I had a friend who had back surgery for a ruptured disc and it made his situation worse.

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

I found out the situation, its not 2 ruptured its a bulging and then also a ruptured disk, so yea, he said I will have pt for that right now, but as for the shoulder, he's really worried about that, he said that for my age, its very VERY rare for somebody my age to get that, its essentially a torn rotator cuff, he said I will most likely require surgery, as for now though, he said that I will be having 3 weeks pt on both.

in 3 weeks, if nothing improves on my shoulder, I have to have surgery, he seems worried about that, as for the back I'll find out more later, he said that what I have is farrly common in ppl, he said like 100 mris, and 25 would probably have it, so its not horrible, pt should work, and I'm praying it does, but for the shoulder, I'm screwed, if I have surgery, I will be lost for a job, I have to wait now for the job.

when applying for a job, he didn't give me ANY restrictions right now,I htink its a "if it hurts, don't do it" kind of thing right now, so do I HAVE to tell work about them? Who is going to hire somebody for work if they have things that they CAN'T do? advice on the job applications would help, not sure what to say to them, if I have to say anything

PS: IF I get sidetracked like I tend to do, please let me know, Its a bad habbit and it makes getting along with me harder to deal with

Archived