IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Run command options

Lagginnn

Hi!

As I'm trying to get Advanced Systemcare and Smart Defrag to work together I'm asking for run command options. :-o

Well, I'm trying to make a .bat file so I don't need to run both and wait for eachother to be completed with it's tasks.

As I want a good result I want ASC to be completed with it's deep scan&repair BEFORE Smart defrag is going full defrag.

I'm thinking of something like this:

start "C:\Program\IObit\Advanced SystemCare 5\ASC.exe" /deepcare

Then, here we get to the problem

Is there an option to make smart defrag start with full defrag on c: after the deep care is completed? Is deepcare sending out a status message of completion?

And I'm trying to get Smart Defrag to start with full defrag going the same time.

I've searched google and I didn't find any command like:

"start "smartdefrag.exe" /fulldefrag&shutdown"

or something like that.

I'm glad for an answer.

/Lagginnn

Hi Lagginnn

Do you really mean that you want to run ASC deep scan while you are also running SmartDefrag.

I do not recommend that because the defrag doesn't defrag files that are being used and your defragment would then be lacking in efficiency.

Running a deep scan where you also tick the SmartDefrag will first clean the computer and then defrag it as it is now, right?

But I always run the ASC deep scan without the defragmentation.

SmartDefrag I run later from the SmartDefrag program because I have more options in that program and because I then can make sure that no other program is running while the defrag is going on.

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi!

As I'm trying to get Advanced Systemcare and Smart Defrag to work together I'm asking for run command options. :-o

Well, I'm trying to make a .bat file so I don't need to run both and wait for eachother to be completed with it's tasks.

As I want a good result I want ASC to be completed with it's deep scan&repair BEFORE Smart defrag is going full defrag.

I'm thinking of something like this:

start "C:\Program\IObit\Advanced SystemCare 5\ASC.exe" /deepcare

Then, here we get to the problem

Is there an option to make smart defrag start with full defrag on c: after the deep care is completed? Is deepcare sending out a status message of completion?

And I'm trying to get Smart Defrag to start with full defrag going the same time.

I've searched google and I didn't find any command like:

"start "smartdefrag.exe" /fulldefrag&shutdown"

or something like that.

I'm glad for an answer.

/Lagginnn

Hi all!

I'm not sure that is what Lagginnn means.

I think possibly a single command that would run ASC first (to completion)... then SmartDefrag deep scan and repair, so as not to have to manually launch SmartDefrag?

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

I'm not sure that is what Lagginnn means.

I think possibly a single command that would run ASC first (to completion)... then SmartDefrag deep scan and repair, so as not to have to manually launch SmartDefrag?

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

Yes.

I want ASC to run deep sca&repair.

And then, when it's completed it should give a status message right that it's completed?

But I don't know how to recieve that in another .bat/.exe file.

So, what I want to do is that it shuts down ASC and starts Smart Defrag with full defrag on c: (the only drive, default).

And all this automatically.

I can write some .bat file and I'm learning some basics of C++ in the moment, so there is maybe a "recieve status" command in one of these.

And if possible, Smart Defrag should also shut down the computer when it's done with full defrag, as when I'm done with the computer I can just click the file and it takes scan, repair and SD defrag, and shuts down.

Archived