IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Windows/IObit support - Phone call scam

hutch

Guidelines for requesting malware removal assistance

....Another thing, :oops: this is getting very embarassing, where the heck do I find TFC ? Do I need to click on the download for Advanced System Care5 and find it there? I know I saw it somewhere! Just can't for the life of me remeber where!....

.....On that note, what is DDS? I can work out the Malwarebytes (MBAM) and SuperAntiSpyware (SAS) but I don't remember you mentioning DDS.....

TFC and DDS are both mentioned in the thread Guidelines for requesting malware removal assistance and there are links to the downloads

That would be where you remember seeing them :smile:

Please follow the instructions in that thread if you would like malware removal assistance

All the best, woz of oz

Hi hutch.

As to your question of remote access, I couldn't tell you yah or nay! All I know is that the mouse was flying around my screen clicking on all sorts of things.
This was most likely remote access as you had to uninstall AWC2 afterwards.

DDS is a powerfull diagnostic tool that will generate two logs for a trained Malware Fighter to examine for signs of infection.

I am in agreement with Woz on this that it is a good idea to have Superdave take a look at your DDS since there was remote access.

To make things simple... just follow the instructions by clicking on the blue link in Woz's post just before mine. Then open a new thread in the Spyware-Malware Removal Help! section of the forum. Post the logs (make sure both DDS logs are included) as instructed. Use the Copy/Paste function to insert them into your post. You may want to mention in your post that there was remote access by known scammers to your machine and that is why you are having your machine examined. When Superdave responds please follow his instructions exactly as he posts them. When your new thread is opened one of us will probably temporarily close this one while you are going therough the cleansing process as it is important to stay focused on that and not be distracted by other posts.

As Superdave will most likely have you run Malwarebytes again at some point... go ahead and restore the items you put in the ignore list. Open Malwarebytes. Goto to the tab at the top named ignore list. Then...

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=10307&d=1344527364

I see that you have updated your user profile to include accurate info on your system.:-D

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

OK, nobody ever said I was the fastest learner :oops:

I have spent the better part of this afternoon reading and re-reading everybodies instructions...by the way, thanks everyone for your help!

I finally have DDS in a zipped folder on the desktop, but as far as I can tell there was only one really big file! not two. I have the TFC log on the desktop and I did another Malwarebytes scan today and have that on the desktop as well but it had zero results...except I forgot to move the ignored files. I have now returned them to where they would have been. Thanks for that info Mel on how to do that. Until tonight though all I was getting was a box with a big red X. Easy done once the correct picture came up!!

Should I do another scan so they show up? I have the link now (yeah! I love those click on links!) to the Malware Removal Site.

Another 'dumb' question. Just so I know I'm doing this right. When I copy these desktop files into the new thread, First, I open the folder, copy the file and paste. Right?

But what about the zipped file...just copy the whole zipped folder and paste? This is my first ever time using a zipped file and have NO idea! That was a whole new experience for me!

Ah, something else I just remembered, somewhere I read you must disable smiley faces for the thread...:cry: where was that and how?

I really do apologise for all the time I'm taking up for you guys! I do appreciate the fact that you are trying to help. It's just unfortunate that you got someone more able to talk about stamps than computers!

Anyway, I shall leave this now and wait for a reply before I do anything else. I will be home from work early tomorrow afternoon and will post what ever I can then.

Again, thanks.

hutch

Guidelines for requesting malware removal assistance

......I did another Malwarebytes scan today and have that on the desktop as well but it had zero results...except I forgot to move the ignored files. I have now returned them to where they would have been.....

...Should I do another scan so they show up?....

Don't bother doing another malwarebytes scan now, Superdave will probably ask you to do one later.

...I finally have DDS in a zipped folder on the desktop, but as far as I can tell there was only one really big file! not two....

...This is my first ever time using a zipped file and have NO idea! That was a whole new experience for me!....

ZIP files are compressed to save space and for quicker downloading etc, you need to extract the contents of a ZIP file

• Right-click on the ZIP

• Click Extract All

• Follow the instructions. You should extract the contents of the ZIP to your Desktop

After extracting the contents of the DDS.zip you should follow the procedure in the thread Guidelines for requesting malware removal assistance

.....Another 'dumb' question. Just so I know I'm doing this right. When I copy these desktop files into the new thread, First, I open the folder, copy the file and paste. Right?

But what about the zipped file...just copy the whole zipped folder and paste?.....

You don't copy and paste any of the files you have downloaded (TFC & DDS) into the post of your new thread (it won't be possible anyway)

You only copy and paste the contents (text) of the Logs (scan results) that appear when IObit Malware Fighter and DDS have finished their scans.

As it says in the thread Guidelines for requesting malware removal assistance

Step 4 - Posting the logs

Please add the following logs in your topic.

* IObit Malware Fighter log

* Both DDS logs

....Ah, something else I just remembered, somewhere I read you must disable smiley faces for the thread...:cry: where was that and how?....

Again in the thread Guidelines for requesting malware removal assistance

• In the Reply to Thread page, under the text box there is a section called Additional Options Tick the box Disable smilies in text

One more thing to note, just in case:

When you copy and paste the logs in your reply remember there is a limit on the amount of text that your post can contain, if you go over the limit nothing is shown.

When you paste the log in the text box click Preview Post which is under the text box.

If you do not see a preview of your post but instead see a blank space in the text box you will need to make the post smaller (split the logs into 2 or more posts)

If and when you do see a preview of your post then click Submit Reply

Until tonight though all I was getting was a box with a big red X. Easy done once the correct picture came up!!

The red X was probably there because you weren't logged into the forum. The image Mel supplied was an attachment and only members who are logged in can view attachments.

All the best, woz of oz

OK, I think I am ready to post on to the Removal thread. Got very delayed at work yesterday and today was not much better! Also add in the factor that this is scaring the daylights out of me! I know everything is straight forward and basic...to you...but to me it's just plain scary!

One point, when I said file, I did mean log, until I get my head around all this new terminology, that log is just a file to me!

Thanks for everyones help so far

hutch

Thread temporarily Closed

OK, I think I am ready to post on to the Removal thread.....

Good luck, I hope it comes up clean :smile:

Temporarily Closed

4. Please DO NOT run any other tools or scans while I am helping you.

5. It is important that you reply to this thread. Do not start a new topic.

To help ensure no other tools, scans etc are used and to avoid confusion this thread is temporarily Closed while Superdave is helping with malware removal.

This thread will be opened again for discussion when Superdave has finished the malware removal.

All the best, woz of oz

Archived