IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Smart defrag v1.0 kills sound

My neighbor asked me to test before he downloaded. I ran the version 1.0 smart defrag several times with no troubles. I then asked it to run a full system defragmentation. It naturally took a lot longer and after it finished I restarted the system. I'm on Windows XP Pro and have a lot of photography plus videos on the PC. I tried to run a .avi file of an airplane and found I had no sound. When I looked at system hardware it said I had no card. Rather than gop through the loop of uninstalling and reinstalling the card I ran Windows Defrag and my sound card came back. It appears that Smart Defrag clobbers a link that Windows defrag fixes. There is no bug report file because it did not recognize it had a bug.

By the way I stopped using AWC because I had so many troubles with the program killing the start up links for Roxio Media Creater 7 which I upgraded to 10 and still have the trouble. I also kept losing the start up links between my camera usb port and the download programs that go with it. The only fix to correct those programs was to completely uninstall and reinstall the programs.

You appear to be clobbering the start up links for several programs.

Archived