IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Windows Action Center flags ASC w A/V 2013 as not turned on [SOLVED by the internal update. August 10, 2013]

Oh ok :) That is an interesting thought. It would appear to me that the autoupdate feature is not programmed to run very often, maybe once a day? I do not have it scheduled, just on autoupdate automatically. Also i find when I first boot up, windows 7 action/security center says antivirus is not turned on...when I open the action center and click "turn on" then it appears the autoupdate starts.

I think they need to review both the current autoupdate failure and the frequency of checking. I really like the program, just a few things to work out :)

Thanks for your idea...it did indeed make me look deeper into it :)

Hi :)

Unfortunately, I decided to uninstall for now until some issues are worked out, autoupdate and also proper communication between ASCAV and Windows 7 action/security center. It continues to think ASCAV is turned off, and I must open the action center up and click "turn on" and this starts the autoupdate.exe then the action center appears to be ok, until the next reboot and I must do the same action...click "turn on" in order to start autoupdate. These are issues that really should just work by now.

I really do like your product and I hope these issues will find a resolution, then maybe I will reconsider and purchase it.

I will keep checking! :)

All my best!

Jim

Hi Jim

As I understand it is best to run ASC+AV as the only antivirus program, otherwise if one keeps the previous antivirus (Avast, isn't it? - Or was it Avira?) there are some areas of conflict I think.

Practically all recommandations I have seen recommends only one antivirus program at the time.

ASC+AV will not be free when it comes out of beta though.

What is the standard antivirus program by you if you take a look in the control panel?

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi :)

Unfortunately, I decided to uninstall for now until some issues are worked out, autoupdate and also proper communication between ASCAV and Windows 7 action/security center. It continues to think ASCAV is turned off, and I must open the action center up and click "turn on" and this starts the autoupdate.exe then the action center appears to be ok, until the next reboot and I must do the same action...click "turn on" in order to start autoupdate. These are issues that really should just work by now.

I really do like your product and I hope these issues will find a resolution, then maybe I will reconsider and purchase it.

I will keep checking! :)

All my best!

Jim

For the information of IObit

Hi everybody,

I confirm that Windows Action Center flags ASC w A/V 2013 as not turned on (at least most of the times) at the start of Windows, but you don't have to open Action Center, just click on the System Tray icon of Action Center and click on "Turn on Antivirus" on the baloon tip.

ASC w A/V will not be flagged as turned off anymore at that session.

Action Center does the same thing for IMF and only way to Turn On (according to Action Center) IMF protection, is to exit and restart IMF. The glitch is started with IMF 1.5.

In both cases, all of the protections of both softwares are "Turned ON" when flagged "Turned Off" by Action Center.

Cheers.

Hi Jim

As I understand it is best to run ASC+AV as the only antivirus program, otherwise if one keeps the previous antivirus (Avast, isn't it? - Or was it Avira?) there are some areas of conflict I think.

Practically all recommandations I have seen recommends only one antivirus program at the time.

ASC+AV will not be free when it comes out of beta though.

What is the standard antivirus program by you if you take a look in the control panel?

Cheers

solbjerg

Thank you solberg :) I never run two antivirus, so I was only running ASCAV 2013. I agree running two AV's can cause strange conflicts, so I always advise against this also.

I have used Avast for years and have tried Avira, but before I test any AV, I always image back to a clean state OS, in my case Win 7, so no other AV's when I test ASCAV. I would be happy to purchase once these issues are resolved.

I see enoskype has also confirmed the action center communication.

Hoping these matters will find resolution, as I think you have a very good product, and also light on the system. :)

All my best!

Jim

Hi everybody,

I confirm that Windows Action Center flags ASC w A/V 2013 as not turned on (at least most of the times) at the start of Windows, but you don't have to open Action Center, just click on the System Tray icon of Action Center and click on "Turn on Antivirus" on the baloon tip.

ASC w A/V will not be flagged as turned off anymore at that session.

Action Center does the same thing for IMF and only way to Turn On (according to Action Center) IMF protection, is to exit and restart IMF. The glitch is started with IMF 1.5.

In both cases, all of the protections of both softwares are "Turned ON" when flagged "Turned Off" by Action Center.

Cheers.

Dear enoskype and all,

We released an update yesterday for Advanced SystemCare with Antivirus 2013, which will fix this "Windows Action Center flags ASC w A/V 2013 as not turned on (at least most of the times) at the start of Windows" error. Please download that update and reply us whether this fix works as designed.

Regarding the IMF bug, we are trying to repeat it now. Actually, we only get one feedback regarding this error. So it may need some time to reproduce this error on our side. However, we will try our best to fix it too.

Dear enoskype and all,

We released an update yesterday for Advanced SystemCare with Antivirus 2013, which will fix this "Windows Action Center flags ASC w A/V 2013 as not turned on (at least most of the times) at the start of Windows" error. Please download that update and reply us whether this fix works as designed.

Regarding the IMF bug, we are trying to repeat it now. Actually, we only get one feedback regarding this error. So it may need some time to reproduce this error on our side. However, we will try our best to fix it too.

Thank you Cicely :) So far, at least on my system, the Windows Action center is properly showing no issues at boot time. Good to hear that is working better so far!

All my best!

Jim

Dear enoskype and all,

Thanks for the info Cicely.

Will you please point out the download link to that specific release.

Cheers.

Cheers.

Dear enoskype and all,

Regarding the IMF bug, we have already reproduced this error on our side and will fix it in our next version.

Thank you very much:-)

Dear enoskype and all,

Thank you for the IMF info Cicely.

Still, the download link for the released debugged build of AdvancedSystemCare with Antivirus 2013 is missing here in the forum. :mrgreen:

For us to download and test, please give the download link of debugged ASC w A/V 2013.

Cheers.

Hi enoskype,

Sorry for my late reply to this question.

Actually, it is an update in the program itself. If your program is up to date, then you should already update that fix.

Do you still have this bug on your computer even with the latest updated program?

Hi All!

It seems to me that Cicely is saying that if you have the latest updates to ASC w/AV then you should have the solution installed (through the internal update) and the problem will not occur anymore... and it seems to me the Enoskype is asking for the location to install an updated version. By Cicely's last post... clarifying the previously unclear one... this is my interpretation of the content... "If you have the newest updates within ASC w A/V then this problem should be solved":?: And she is curous to know.

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

Hello Roy!

You just reformatted after going through the cleaning processes with dave. How networked is your machine?

Thank you for beta testing scrd01... I don't test ASC/av. So my posts are always speculative in this thread/section.

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

Hi Cicely,

Ive got this bug too,

full reinstall from disk last week, running latest versions of all progs

Roy

Hi Roy,

Did the real-time protection turn off every time you reboot your computer or the real-time protection is always off and there is no response even after you choose to turn on it?

If you are encounter the later situation, please download ASCInit.exe from http://wikisend.com/download/247256/ASCInit.exe and put it into program installation folder to replace the original ASCInit.exe there. Then please run Wizard.exe to see whether the real-time protection status is ON in system tray and the Security Center/Action Center.

If not, please find ASCInit.log and ascavsvc.log in the installation folder and send them to us.

W7 has now had around 175 updates including those in SP1, for well over 1GB has become a bit buggy.

I noticed it before I went to W8-DP and on to W8-RP. I notice it just as much even with a clean install now that I have gone back to W7-SP1 and updated it in preparation for W8 RTM. (That is how I got the update count info) I still notice it even though the installs were on cleanly formatted HDDs

W7 has seen better days.:-(:-(

W7 has now had around 175 updates including those in SP1

Thanks for the Info, I was wondering how many there were total now.

But I have Not noticed anything that the Windows Updates have made Buggy ???

We have had problems with Add-Ons continually trying to add themselves to the Browser, though. ;-)

which slows things down.:???:

Archived