IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

starting a game in safe mode

cmjf0013

Hi Gavind.

Although I am running Vista and not 7 as you are, I don't think there is much difference in the size of our OS. I would say around 15 minutes... 20 max. By the time you see this post it should be finished.

@CJ... your XP is much smaller I would guess 10 minutes max on it.

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

I would be curious as to whether the error is gone after scannow if you run dxdiag again.

Ok, I will run the test and then try it again, it still comes up but it gives me that error code, give me like 20 to 60 minutes (you know how bad this oversize calculator is :-P)

scan finished, bad news

ok, the scan finished and I'm not sure< I don't think I can do ANYTHING with this, but it don't seem to be a major problem, but this is what popped up, the scan only completed a bit, it did not finish, not even half way,

Files thta are required for Wndwos to run properly must be copied from the DLL Cache

Insert your Windows SP Home Edition Service Pack 3 CD now

I can't do that, I don't have the CD, and I also don't have a cd drive. is this a bad thing? its still working, so yea, I'm not really worried about it, but is this a bad thing? like I said, its still working, IJ'm just having some problems every now and then.

Hi CJ.

ok, the scan finished and I'm not sure< I don't think I can do ANYTHING with this, but it don't seem to be a major problem, but this is what popped up, the scan only completed a bit, it did not finish, not even half way,

Files thta are required for Wndwos to run properly must be copied from the DLL Cache

Insert your Windows SP Home Edition Service Pack 3 CD now

I can't do that, I don't have the CD, and I also don't have a cd drive. is this a bad thing? its still working, so yea, I'm not really worried about it, but is this a bad thing? like I said, its still working, IJ'm just having some problems every now and then.

It was worth a shot. This only means that your System Cache is either incomplete (on some versions of Windows the cache isn't complete, those versions rely on the install medium) or is corrupt. Without your original Windows installation medium, your system can't be repaired. I wouldn't worry too much about it.8-)

The other suggestions I have to fix that error are too risky as they involve scrubbing the Directx from your system and re-installing it. If something went wrong, you wouldn't be able to re-format. Unless you are having issues with it I wouldn't worry about the error.

It is possible that your System Cache was complete enough that the problem could hve been fixed as the scan partially ran. I would still be curious to see if the error is still there?

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

error still there

it still shows the error every single time I open it, btu as soon as I hit the ok on the error box, it pops up the DirectX box, like it is supposed to, I ran a sound test, and all the sounds played as they are supposed to do, so I'm not sure. I think your right though< I'm afraid to do something myself, because if I mess up, I have NO way to fix it, so I think I'm going to be ok for now.

BUT on a side note, am I the ONLY person who just now noticed that some of the smiles to the right of the reply box are copies??? hehe I noticed them 8:)8-):lol:

BUT on a side note, am I the ONLY person who just now noticed that some of the smiles to the right of the reply box are copies??? hehe I noticed them 8:)8-):lol:

I've Always wondered about That,

but never had the Nerve to Ask about it. ;-)

I figured they were just reserving space for future additions, if needed?

(There Are Many more Emoicons they could add !)

and since I am a Very Emotional person, I think it would be Great if they modified them with additions. :lol:

(Maybe some of those Cute Animated ones) ;-)

It may also be because animated Emoicons do take up a little more space on Server HDs

and require a little more Time to Upload and Download, than simple Text does ?

That is the reason that there is a Limit of 6 Emoicons per post also.

I know they are alive, OH MY GOD IT MOVED AGAIN! :shock::shock:

they do seem to move alot, I never realized they are always in a different place haha, but your right :arrow::shock: lol

anyways, I also have had a weird turn of events, this has NOTHING to do with computers, but My girlfriend was in the hospital, she had a metal break down, she just got out today, AND still hasn't called me, I'm so worried, is there a book that explains women's behavior??? :cry::lol:

I am so confused I can't even think straight Rofl (btw, that should also have a smiley whos' rolling on the floor laughing, XD)

Off Topic!

is there a book that explains women's behavior??? :cry::lol:

Were you looking for a book that explains women's behaviour? :?:

Here you go! You have all the time in front of you to read it! :-P

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=10316&d=1344724751

Cheers.

if I skim it, I might be able to do it, oh crap, first chapter is about her feelings, yea I'm lost, how can a somebody have THAT many feelings at the same time???

I'd explode! :shock:

oh my god, I just figured it out!

they are actually aliens here to take over us 8-):lol:

hey guys, MMozilla FireFox add on question

I didn't feel the need to make another thread for this, but IF I don't get an answer to this in a day or so, I'll make one on thsi part

I have a HUGE slow down when watching youtube videos, or ANYTHING more than one window, but because this computers used mainly for youtube videos, I started to do research, I have look up something on here, I have SEVERAL add ons that I don't know if its ok to dissable or not to dissable, I use mozilla firefox, as the title says, and I KNOW the addons are slowing me down, bad.

I keep getting scripts unresponsive errors, (NOT sure what a script does)

I have done my looking on google/yahoo/ and EVERYTHING ELSE I CAN'T FIND IT THOUGH.

for a week now I have looked for what these add ons are, and I can't find it

if I tell you what I have on here, can you help me dissable everything that I do not neeed? thanks

Clean Uninstall & Install

...I have a HUGE slow down when watching youtube videos, or ANYTHING more than one window, but because this computers used mainly for youtube videos, I started to do research, I have look up something on here, I have SEVERAL add ons that I don't know if its ok to dissable or not to dissable, I use mozilla firefox, as the title says, and I KNOW the addons are slowing me down, bad......

....for a week now I have looked for what these add ons are, and I can't find it

if I tell you what I have on here, can you help me dissable everything that I do not neeed? thanks

Watching YouTube videos is hard work for your computer and since your computer has very low specs I am not surprised everything slows down.

I hope you are not trying to watch the videos at full screen, I have better specs than you (but still not good) and if I watch in full screen the computer becomes like mud.

Rather than chasing FireFox problems it is often best to just completely uninstall FireFox and all data then install a fresh version.

• First Download a fresh copy of FireFox but don't install it yet.

• Then Back up your bookmarks

• Then Uninstall Firefox from your computer Make sure you also follow the procedure in Removing user data and settings

• After FireFox is completely removed, Restart your computer

• Install the fresh copy of FireFox you downloaded before

Restore your bookmarks

• Install only the Extensions you must have

Edit:

Any Plug-Ins that are automatically installed with FireFox will probably be necessary and even if some are not necessary (for you) disabling them will not give you a big performance boost

If in the future a site says "you need to install missing plug-in" (or something like that) don't install it, run away :shock:

Also do the Adobe Flash Player test but if you need to update download it from FileHippo

All the best, woz of oz

thank you wozofoz, I will do this first thing in the morning, I am going to bed, long day, oh yea, and I started therapy, this is the second day I went, and the lady worked on my shoulder and back, I can lift my shoulder a little bit now, and its not as tense, wish me luck on that, as for this firefox thing< I will do that tomorrow, thanks alot, ttys!

New: I can not figure out how to transfer my passwords and stuff, (LIKE for instance, I don't know my code for this site), and I don't know how to get it it signs in automaticlly, and I also can't figure out, IT, I can't get it to download the thing, I'm afraid to uninstall UNTILL I have it downloaded, and it never poped anything up on the site to download, ws I doing something wrong Wozofoz?

Archived