IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Win 7 64, C: = SSD, Smart Defrag will no longer auto defrag

Big_J

I had Smart Defrag 2 installed and was set up and worked fine, Auto Defrag, Boot time Defrag and scheduled Defrag. I replaced my C Drive with an SSD and now Smart Defrag will not work properly.

I understand that on an SSD, you don't use defrag tools and such. The problem I'm having is, on the main screen, I select drive D (it is a mechanical drive completely separate of the SSD). I configure it for Auto Defrag, it turns itself off. I go back and turn it on and I can check back later and it is turned off again. I have boot time defrag set up, it no longer works for Drive D. The scheduled defrag never starts for Drive D.

Everything used to work fine, the ONLY change was installing an SSD for drive C and now this tool is broken.

• 3 months later...

Archived