IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Could you help me with this software?

Turkinat0r

Basically I had some Adware/Spyware on my PC and I downloaded this software to get rid of it. However it didn't work and when scanning it would say "Scanning Vundo, Scanning Trojan.win32" etc. And so I did a clean install of windows and reinstalled this to do a scan and it's still saying it's scanning those files even though I formatted my HDD and reinstalled windows. So I'm wondering is it just saying it's scanning for those files or it's actually scanning them since it doesn't say it's scanning "C:/Trojan.win32". It also says No Problems after scanning those files so I'm very confused.

Also just went on Kotaku.Com which is a normal virus free site and got an auto-playing ad which my friend never gets so the virus is still here. This is really annoying and I don't know how to get rid of it.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Turkinat0r, welcome to IObit Forum! :-D

ASC is searching the PC for those virus/malware, so they are not in your PC, if ASC finds any of the ones it is searching for, it will flag it as a virus/malware and let you repair.

ASC is not an antivirus software, so if you want one with antivirus, you should go for Advanced SystemCare with Antivirus 2013.

Malware specific software of IObit is IObit Malware Fighter, and a good companion to ASC w A/V 2013 or to any other main antivirus software.

Please read some related threads in the forum, your concern is discussed many times.

Although a bit outdated please read USAGE of IOBIT PRODUCTS thread, you will find tons of information there.

Thank you and cheers.

Hi Turkinat0r, welcome to IObit Forum! :-D

ASC is searching the PC for those virus/malware, so they are not in your PC, if ASC finds any of the ones it is searching for, it will flag it as a virus/malware and let you repair.

ASC is not an antivirus software, so if you want one with antivirus, you should go for Advanced SystemCare with Antivirus 2013.

Malware specific software of IObit is IObit Malware Fighter, and a good companion to ASC w A/V 2013 or to any other main antivirus software.

Please read some related threads in the forum, your concern is discussed many times.

Although a bit outdated please read USAGE of IOBIT PRODUCTS thread, you will find tons of information there.

Thank you and cheers.

I know it isn't an anti-virus, I just want to know how these viruses are still in my system.

Hi Turkinat0r.

Enoskype is saying that the viruses and malwares are not in your computer, and that ASC is showing you what it is Scanning for. If ASC does detect Malware it will provide a list of what was detected after the scan is finished and will then give you the opportunity to remove them.:wink:

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

Enoskype is saying that the viruses and malwares are not in your computer, and that ASC is showing you what it is Scanning for. If ASC does detect Malware it will provide a list of what was detected after the scan is finished and will then give you the opportunity to remove them.:wink:

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

I know but I'm still getting these ads that will autoplay with audio on which is not supposed to happen. So I'm wondering what's going on and getting pretty nervous about it too.

Also...

Had you backed up data onto a seperate hard drive (or other storage medium) from the drive you reformatted? Or does your machine perhaps have more than one hard drive in it?

Also do these Ads only pop up when you are using your Browser or does this happen when your browser is closed as well?

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

Had you backed up data onto a seperate hard drive (or other storage medium) from the drive you reformatted? Or does your machine perhaps have more than one hard drive in it?

Also do these Ads only pop up when you are using your Browser or does this happen when your browser is closed as well?

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

Nope, I didn't back up the data since it wasn't all that important to me. I've only got one Hard Drive so it can't be anywhere else. Okay I'll update my info.

From my earlier post:

What browser are you using and does it have any toolbars installed on it? Do you recognize all the add-ons in your browser and did you choose to install them?

Is the searh engine you use perhaps "Ask"

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

P.S. Have you run a full scan with you AVG and Malwarebytes using the latest updates and if so did they come back clean?

Welcome

Welcome to the forum Turkinat0r :smile:

.....Also just went on Kotaku.Com which is a normal virus free site and got an auto-playing ad which my friend never gets so the virus is still here. This is really annoying and I don't know how to get rid of it...

What browser are you using and what browser does your friend use?

When I went to kotaku.com using Internet Explorer there was an animated ad in the top right corner of the page. Is that the ad you can see?

I don't have any virus or malware on my computer.

When I went to kotaku.com using FireFox there was no ad only an empty space with the words THE GAMER'S GUIDE. Clicking on the space did nothing.

When I went there using Comodo Dragon (portable) it was the same as FireFox

Edit: I should have mentioned this before (it's 4am here, tired but can't sleep)

Both my FireFox and Dragon have the AdBlock Plus extension installed which would be what is blocking the ad, ask your friend if they have AdBlock Plus or something similar installed on their browser. AdBlock Plus is also available for Google Chrome

All the best, woz of oz

Ahh ok thanks guys. I asked my friend and he just got an animated ad too so I think I'm okay

Cool 8-)

By the way, kotaku.com looks like a good site if you are a gamer.

The article I Finally Tracked Down The PC That Taught Me To Love Games. It’s Uglier Than I Remembered. was a fun read :-D

All the best, woz of oz

???

I'm using IE-9 and Only got the 'Gamer's Guide' label, No Ad.

That might be controled by 'Internet-option' settings in 'Tools' pulldown menu?

I haven't touched any settings in Internet Explorer and don't intend to because it's usually just my test browser (like now) or for emergencies.

Also, unlike you early adopters :mrgreen: I am using XP so it's Internet Explorer 8 for me, that might be a difference too

All the best, woz of oz

Archived