IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

IObit File Shredder (Gutmann method) does not delete files.

ragous

IObit File Shredder does not delete files completely,i even used Gutmman secure deletion and set repeat deletion to max (99) but the file isn't deleted,i also tried multiple times,some files it can't delete..

i did it few times and the executable files aren't deleted,i even could run them.

IObit Unlocker doesn't show that they're locked,well i still Unlocked them and tried again but the file don't disappear,i can even run it without problems

it's not the first time,also happened on other files,i just deleted them using Shift+Delete

the files that i try to delete are executable files (.exe)

That's weird, as I tried after your post by copiying GameBooster.exe to Desktop and shredded with Gutmann (35) by dragging it onto the program and it took about 30-45 secs for the icon (certainly the file too) to disappear from the desktop.

Did you try it while disabling ESET?

If still no joy after trying, please send a PM to Cicely pointing out to this thread for the promlem.

BTW, does the problems exist for all executable (.exe) files or specific executable (.exe) files?

Cheers.

no only those 2 files can't delete,also once it couldn't delete an image (jpg/jpeg format),it deletes the files and finishing the process successfully but they still exist and i can open them...

edit: strangely it works now,i don't know if it's because i reduced the "Repeat delete operation" from 99 to 35 or because i added IObit to exclusions on ESET..

today again i had this issue,couldn't delete a file and i tried multiple times,it happened when i set "Repeat the delete operation" to 99,and when i chose the normal 35 (Secure delete-Gutmann method) it managed to delete the file.

when using 99 it can delete some files while on others it doesn't work and does not deletes them unless lower value is used.

seems that any number higher then 35 (even 36) cannot always delete the files,just tested it.

I was thinking that maybe the software encoding may not be compatible with the encoding of Some hard-drives.

(older drives used different encoding than newer drives)

Just a guess, that may get the programmers thinking about a way to fix this. ;-)

Archived