IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Direct X has encountered an unrecoverable error

cmjf0013

OK, so I am having a problem running call of duty 2, it SHOULD run fine, but it won't even start up, says DirectX® encountered an unrecoverable error.

I was told to go to a faq for it, I did, and it just led me in circles, and nothing I ran or did will fix it, now, the ONLY thing thats bad is I can't get it to start, its just NOT starting, I have checked my specs to the minimum system requirements, I can run this game, I have gotten this to run half life 2, I KNOW I can run this game, but Its not even starting up

btw, on a side note, I'm not sure whats up with the site, but Its not letting me post on my own posts, I had to make a new one, or I would have made this in the others, but I wanted to delete the others, I have an excess of posts, that aer all seemingly pointless to me, now that i have the problems worked out.

WHAT do I do to fix this error? I have DirectX® 9.0 or something like that, I think thats it, and I cheekd my video card, I have more than enough stuff required to start the game and play it, its just this error, thanks, check in soon :smile:

Hi CJ... I hope you are recovering well!:-)

The directx problem is most likely not solvable in your case. You may try to reinstall it here.

There is nothing wrong with the forum... you are free to do whatever you wish with your posts by using the EDIT button. Please don't go through your posts deleting them though!! The threads (the ones you posted on or opened) then make no sense to the millions of people who may view them!:shock: What you post here is contiguous and gets cached... when you delete a post the other posts by other members remain... then without yours... they make less sense... the more you might delete... the more non-sensical the thread would appear!!

OK, so I am having a problem running call of duty 2, it SHOULD run fine, but it won't even start up, says DirectX® encountered an unrecoverable error.

I was told to go to a faq for it, I did, and it just led me in circles, and nothing I ran or did will fix it, now, the ONLY thing thats bad is I can't get it to start, its just NOT starting, I have checked my specs to the minimum system requirements, I can run this game, I have gotten this to run half life 2, I KNOW I can run this game, but Its not even starting up

btw, on a side note, I'm not sure whats up with the site, but Its not letting me post on my own posts, I had to make a new one, or I would have made this in the others, but I wanted to delete the others, I have an excess of posts, that aer all seemingly pointless to me, now that i have the problems worked out.

WHAT do I do to fix this error? I have DirectX® 9.0 or something like that, I think thats it, and I cheekd my video card, I have more than enough stuff required to start the game and play it, its just this error, thanks, check in soon :smile:

Hi CJ... I hope you are recovering well!:-)

The directx problem is most likely not solvable in your case. You may try to reinstall it here.

There is nothing wrong with the forum... you are free to do whatever you wish with your posts by using the EDIT button. Please don't go through your posts deleting them though!! The threads (the ones you posted on or opened) then make no sense to the millions of people who may view them!:shock: What you post here is contiguous and gets cached... when you delete a post the other posts by other members remain... then without yours... they make less sense... the more you might delete... the more non-sensical the thread would appear!!

oh ok lol, I'll not delete anything, I just know I have had a lot of posts lol, I did fix the problem, but I'm rather mad about it now, and recovery is rough, I'm having some problems with my shoulder, I can't lift it good anymore, I did something to it, so I'm sure I will have to have surgery, Not sure when.

back to this issue, I'm very angry about this, I restarted the computer, downloaded "swift shader" and put the 2 files in the game directory, but something was wrong, and the game litteally on the LOWEST sattings, and on safe mode, got 2 to 3 frames per second, so I'll just download the first one, I'm upset about that, but its fine, and about the directX, if I can ask, what IS this? whats it important for? I never heard about it till recently

about the directX, if I can ask, what IS this? whats it important for?

DirectX Information:

(Note the Version-Release chart)

It's important to have the version of DirectX, you use, Match the Hardware (video card) and the OS software and driver software, you are using.

I think DirectX-9 was the last version that can be used with XP?

See link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DirectX

Archived