IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

ASC v5 Pro - Need for additional Anti Virus Prog?

Stewart

I've recently upgraded to ASC v5 Pro.

I currently also have an anti-virus program (McAfee) -the subscription is due to for renewal soon.

Is is sufficient just to have one kind of computer protection or do other users have more than one?

Is it adequate just to have ASC v5 Pro?

S

Hi Stewart.

You cannot rely on ASC to protect your system by itself... it cannot. McAfee is a common antivirus that employs similar marketing tactics as Norton by Symantec.

You must have an effective A/V (antivirus) and take further steps against other malwares. Please see this thread concerning A/V's and open all the links... many of these offer free versions that will protect you as well or better than what you have (McAfee). Iobit has ASC with A/V (which is not the same as what you are using)...it uses the Bitremoover engine so has a very high detection rate in system scans... but the "realtime" protection needs development. You should choose an A/V with a reported high detection rate that is not too heavy on your system... the realtime protection should also be effective if you do much surfing (especially to questionable sites). The accepted rule is that you should only run one A/V.

Malware protection (other than A/V) is a different thing.

I hope this is helpful!

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

Archived