IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Acronis True Image 2012 and compatibility with IObit System Care

StephJ

Hi there, I've been using System Care Pro for years now on all my computers, and I must say its a great utility. I have recommended it to my friends and colleagues and they have been pleased too. Thank you.

My question is; Are Acronis True Image and System Care fully compatible? Or are there any precautions I should observe when I install the Acronis software?

I am a flight simulator (FSX) fan and bought my present high range system mainly for flight simming. The files take many hours to load, and after experiencing teething difficulties with my new computer I had to re-install everything, which took days, hence my interest in Acronis.

Thank you in advance for any replies.

My version of Advanced System Care is v5.4.0.257 (Without Anti-virus)

Cheers

Thanks Toppack, that looks like what I need. I looked through their knowledge base and couldn't see any compatibilty issues with Advanced System Care.

It will give me some peace of mind knowing I don't have to re-install everything manually should disaster happen.

Cheers

I get the feeling that this thread is really an Advertisment for ATI,

but I guess that is okay,

if someone really feels they need this Constant-backup type software.

I would be concerned that ATI would greatly slow down the computer,

since evidently it writes everything to the drives Twice,

and Hard-drive Writes are one of the Slowest things a computer does.

Personally I prefer to schedule Back-ups when the system is Not being used for anything else.

I think it would be Impossible to play games on a computer that has ATI running in background ?

Hi guys,

FYI, I am a user of Acronis True Image for a quite long time and extremely happy with it.

My preference of using it to burn it to a CD, and run it from CD/DVD drive before Windows start and then take true (whole) images of the whole Windows disk(s) when I believe the PC is in a good condition.

The images are kept in an external USB drive and it has an option to have comletely seperate part in the external disk which can not be seen or accessed by Windows Operation Systems for the safety reasons of accidental deletion/modification/corruption.

Even with a slow PC the complete process takes half an hour for 100 GB disks. The images are compressed so they take about quarter of the size of the occupied space of the imaged disks. You can even change the disk and still have exactly the same configuration (state) of your OS. (It should be same type of disk though not by size.)

Cheers.

Bona Fide enquiry

Hi Toppack, thanks for your reply again. No, really I'm not trying to sell ATI. It's just that I have invested heavily in hardware, software and time to get Flight Sim X up and running with numerous add-ons with my new computer aquisition.

I've only had the set-up about three weeks now, and due to an initial software fault, after spending two days installing all my programs and data, something caused a file corruption and FSX kept crashing (the program, that is) and my displays (I have four monitors) wouldn't open multiple windows properly. I then had a new liquid cooling fan fitted to cool down the temp of my high powered processor (the sensor was giving erroneous readings)and re-installed windows and everything else yet again. As I collect more add-ons for FSX, I really don't want to risk having to spend days again going through all the laborious process of re-installing everything. (Windows System restore didn't help in either case.)

I rely on IObit ASC pro to maintain and optimise my computer's performance, but need a back-up utility to safeguard all my hard work and time invested.

I've been looking at all options, and ATI looks like it might fit the bill. I wouldn't run it under continuous back-up mode (I think it's called that) but I want to create periodic "snapshot" back-ups manually whenever I have significantly added programs and data to FSX files, so I won't be running it in the background.

I know little about the program now, but I am led to understand that I can perform such back-ups which hopefully will be much better than Window's own system restore. In fact, I'm just trying to find out now how ATI gets on with automatically created Windows System Restore points.

In the same vein, I wondered how ASC and ATI would get on together. From what I've read so far I can't see any problem, but I just wanted to know if there were any known issues.

I've just purchased the ATI set-up so I'll have to see how it all goes.

Thanks again for your reply, and I do assure you I'm no agent for ATI. If it all goes horribly wrong, I'll be the first to shout about it on these pages!

Cheers

Hi guys,

FYI, I am a user of Acronis True Image for a quite long time and extremely happy with it.

My preference of using it to burn it to a CD, and run it from CD/DVD drive before Windows start and then take true (whole) images of the whole Windows disk(s) when I believe the PC is in a good condition.

The images are kept in an external USB drive and it has an option to have comletely seperate part in the external disk which can not be seen or accessed by Windows Operation Systems for the safety reasons of accidental deletion/modification/corruption.

Even with a slow PC the complete process takes half an hour for 100 GB disks. The images are compressed so they take about quarter of the size of the occupied space of the imaged disks. You can even change the disk and still have exactly the same configuration (state) of your OS. (It should be same type of disk though not by size.)

Cheers.

Hi enoskype, that's something like I have in mind. I have 3TB USB 3.0 Seagate drive, and Windows back-up fails to complete the back-up. I tried backing up to my smaller 1TB USB 2.0 drive, but it would have taken days at the speed it was going - hence another reasoon for my interest in a good, verstaile back-up system. Whether it will be remains to be seen, but fingers crossed.

But how is that Better than the Back-up utility that comes with W-7?

Which can also be stored and recovered with a DVD or External drive.

But how is that Better than the Back-up utility that comes with W-7?

An example I have just encountered.

I have dropped my laptop and the main hard disk in 2 partitions + Win7's recovery is gone, now I can use the images on a brand new hard disk or repaired formatted original disk. I still don't know if the original is repairable though.

Cheers.

W7 Back-up

Hi Toppack, Windows 7 back-up wouldn't "play" with my back-up media, the Seagate USB 3.0 drive. With the massive files I need to back-up the Seagate USB 2.0 drive was far too slow, and I wasn't sure if it would complete successfully anyway.

I tried it on my Winows 7 laptop too, with similar results. Seagate do sell a back-up utility program, hence it may be in their interests to not support Windows & back-up without it. I was reluctant to use their software though because apparently it isn't so hot, according to reviews I have read.

I need something, simple, efficient and fast and effective as I am no computer expert.

I had purchased this 3 TB external drive specifically for back-ups so I really want to use that as opposed to other media which may not offer sufficient storage, speed or capability.

I see that you have W-7.

If you do Not use the Constant-backup option in ATI,

why wouldn't the W-7 Backup work just as well?

I understand that the ATI back-up can back up multiple disks. I have a 240 GB SSD and a 2 TB spinning disk. I want to back up both in a reasonably quick time. Acronis's blurb says that it is more versatile than Win 7s own back-up, which I hope is the case.

I have dropped my laptop and the main hard disk in 2 partitions + Win7's recovery is gone, now I can use the images on a brand new hard disk or repaired formatted original disk. I still don't know if the original is repairable though.

Cheers.

???

The backup is Stored on a DVD or external-drive, or Both,

using the W-7 Backup program.

'Try It, you will Like It!' :lol:

Cheers.

Hi enoskype. OOPs! Do you have the "plus disk" (I think it's called that) which enables you to copy your entire system image to a completely different architectured computer. I didn't opt for that, but now you've made me think!

Hi Toppack, Windows 7 back-up wouldn't "play" with my back-up media, the Seagate USB 3.0 drive.

Sorry I did not see this post before.

We also use USB-3.0 External drives for Backups and Copies,

on 3 of our systems.

W-7 64bit sees them automaticly, as soon as the drives are powered-on,

so I don't know what your problem may be ?

Do you have W-7 32bit, I wonder if it is different?

Windows version

Hi Toppack, no, both of my systems are 64 bit. The laptop is a HP Envy 17 and well before this (several months ago) I tried backing this up to my Seagate drive, but with no success. Could it be because I'm in the UK? Do the systems vary? So it wasn't a last minute, quick try with W7s back-up program, I remain puzzled by Windows 7's ability to do as it ought to, but then over the years, many things regarding Windows various incarnations have puzzled me. (Way back from Windows 95 I have been enthusiastic about 3rd party add-ons which perform much better than Window's own systems. You don't have to look further than IObit, for instance, to see the vast improvements and great enhancements to the basic Windows system.) I wonder if many other people have had similar issues with W7 back-ups? I Googled for solutions many times in the past and I know that others have had problems too, especially, apparently with external drives over 2.0TB.

Anyway, I've just completed a back-up on my FSX Desktop using the ATI and I was very impressed as it backed up to the external drive with no problems and only took 30 minutes.

(Looking at ATI's home page for more info this afternoon, I saw that their 2013 version is now out. I quickly contacted them saying I was disappointed that my software was out-of-date already, and they promised to upgrade it free in the coming days, so overall so far I'm very pleased.)

I know that others have had problems too, especially, apparently with external drives over 2.0TB.

Okay, that is a difference,

our largest external-drive is 1.TB.

I do not think being in the UK would make a difference,

at least I've never read or heard of anything like that.

I think you get them from the Same Assembly-Line that we Do. :lol:

Thanks for the Info, Very Interesting!

Archived