IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

*Installing new software: could System Care interfere with installation

StephJ

Hello there, I'm new to this Forum, which looks very useful and interesting, but have used System Care for some time now. I have realised what a great asset System Care is and have only recently explored its possibilities more in-depth.

Although I haven't experienced any problems with IObit's utilities in the past, I couldn't find anywhere a clear answer to this question: Is it safe to install programs that advise you to "Close all open programs and disable any anti-virus, malware prevention etc. before proceeding...." with System Care running in the background?

I also wondered if it is ever desirable, or possible to turn off System Care temporarily.

I have posed this question in another post, but only as an afterthought, and thought it may not reach so wide an audience under that other heading. My apologies if this is not etiquette.

Thanks again for any response.

Hi StephJ, welcome to the Forum! :-D

I suppose we are talking About Advanced SystemCare with Antivirus, so it is not necessary to stop Real-time protection when advised by a third party program to close the applications, but if you trust an application advising to turn off the Antivirus software, and you want that application to function correctly, you should turn off the Real-time protection of ASC wA/V.

You can't exit ASC wA/V from system tray, unless you stop starting ASC wA/V when Windows starts.

For plain ASC, you can exit it any time you wish it to stop running.

The answer to your question is, it is not desirable to exit ASC, but it is possible.

Since the topic concerns ASC, I am moving it to ASC general discussions section.

Cheers.

Archived