IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

ASC5 wont open error madDisArm_.bpl missing please help [SOLVED]

mintslice

Hi all,

Im a new member to this forum. Can anyone help me with my ASC5 pro that wont open.

An ASC.exe system error pops up saying: "Program can't start because madDisArm_.bpl is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix the problem."

I have tried several ways to uninstall so I can then reinstall it, I do stop it running to try uninstall and have also tried with Revo uninstaller but nothing yet works. I just get the same message as above.

So I need to know how to either reinstall the MadDisArm file or find out how to uninstall ASC5 another way.

Am grateful to any good advise.

Regards mint

Welcome

Welcome to the forum :smile:

To replace a missing file you don't need to uninstall the old software first just install Advanced SystemCare again 'over the top' of the old one, like you would if it were an update.

This usually works for most software not just Advanced SystemCare

If you can't install over the top or you still get reports of a missing file then the download might be corrupted, delete that download and then download a fresh copy of Advanced SystemCare and try that.

If you use a download manager/accelerator try downloading without using that as they can sometimes corrupt downloads

If you do need to uninstall Advanced SystemCare then try IObit Uninstaller

If you need to do a Clean Uninstall & Install see This Post for details.

Screenshots are in This Post

All the best, woz of oz

There is also a possibility that a security program blocking/deleting maddisAsm_.bpl file in the background, as it is a reporting tool and may be interpreted as a malware heuristically. (Note the red letter please.)

Try to disable all real-time security softwares during installation of ASC.

Cheers.

Thanks Woz,

Ive already tried Iobit uninstaller but error comes up there also. Will download again and see if that works. Does this madDisArm_.bpl sit in windows also? I have pro so dont know if the free one will go over that ??

EDIT: maddisAsm_.bpl files are only in IObit's all ASC main folders and Game Booster main folder, and not anywhere else in Windows.

There is also a possibility that a security program blocking/deleting maddisAsm_.bpl file in the background, as it is a reporting tool and may be interpreted as a malware heuristically. (Note the red letter please.)

Try to disable all real-time security softwares during installation of ASC.

Cheers.

Yes that could be it enoskype as I have a few other programs now saying the same thing. Will disable security b4 I download

...I have pro so dont know if the free one will go over that ??

Free and Pro are the same download, the License # 'unlocks' the extra features. You should still have the Pro version if you install over the top.

If you do a Clean Uninstall & Install you will need to enter your License # again

Yes that could be it enoskype as I have a few other programs now saying the same thing. Will disable security b4 I download

enoskype has made a very good point, I would look to that first and "disable all real-time security softwares during installation of ASC"

All the best, woz of oz

Free and Pro are the same download, the License # 'unlocks' the extra features. You should still have the Pro version if you install over the top.

If you do a Clean Uninstall & Install you will need to enter your License # again

enoskype has made a very good point, I would look to that first and "disable all real-time security softwares during installation of ASC"

All the best, woz of oz

Got it back going after disabling securities and installing ASC5 again. I also have OIbit uninstaller that had the same error come up but is also now working just with the ASC5 download.

Thanks very much wozofoz and enoskype for all your help :)

Archived