IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

How do I adjust, change, ignore, Startup Optimization Settings

Good Day! I hope you're enjoying a pleasant one.

How do I adjust, change, ignore, the Startup Optimization Settings. I have items that I want to be loaded at Startup, that are being interfered with... they are unable to Start and I have to Start them Manually after Boot Up.

In fact, one of the programs being interfered with seems to be Smart Defrag. Please see the Screen Shots of Windows Scheduled Tasks and Log, included with this post.

Any Assistance will be Greatly Appreciated.

Thanks,

John B.

I am not sure if this is the cause of your problem but I notice you have both Advanced SystemCare and Jetclean scheduled at startup.

It is not a good idea to have both running at the same time, they will probably battle each other when trying to do their job.

Also, according to the website, Jetclean "Shuts down programs that may slow down your system"

Since the problem you have is not a common problem with Advanced SystemCare (that I know of) I suggest you look at what changes Jetclean has made to your computer.

All the best, woz of oz

Hi there,

try restarting protected storage.

roy

Hi Roy, thanks for your quick assistance and troubleshooting help...

...tried this, but no change... i have removed some items from Startup, I have Turbo Boost On, Active Optimize On... Smart Defrag Auto On, Boot On... Boot Defrag runs OK... but I have to manually start up Smart Defrag in order for it to run in the background and give me it's little icon in the systray.

Ps. how come i don't see that screen at boot up that tells me how fast/slow my startup is? ...is that also maybe something that's not launching at startup.

john b.

Jetclean cleaned

I am not sure if this is the cause of your problem but I notice you have both Advanced SystemCare and Jetclean scheduled at startup... All the best, woz of oz

Hi Woz, thanks for your assistance... just moments before i got notification about your post in my inbox, i finally noticed that Jetclean entry. I had tested Jetclean before, and turned it off... but apparently it didn't want to turn off... so i uninstalled it thoroughly with ASC.

...no luck... I still have to start Smart Defrag manually. I still don't know why Task Scheduler is unable to launch SD. Is there maybe a Reg entry needing to be tweaked... Task Scheduler seems pretty useless to me...

john b.

How did you enable IObit Smart Defrag to start with Windows ?

Did you add Smart Defrag to the Task Scheduler yourself ? I ask because mine says "Run at user logon" but I don't know if that makes any difference.

You could try this:

• Launch Smart Defrag

• Settings

• General Settings

Un-tick Load automatically at Windows startup (Recommended)

• Apply

• OK

• Exit Smart Defrag completely (including the systray)

• Launch Smart Defrag

• Settings

• General Settings

• Tick Load automatically at Windows startup (Recommended)

• Apply

• OK

This might 'restart/reload' the setting

All the best, woz of oz

Archived