IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

SD not auto start if you not admin

robertomrc

Hello, and thanks to those who respond.

I installed as administrator SD, in windows xp sp3 and every time you restart the system see the automatic start of SD.

However, if the computer is used by one of the users who are not administrators, the 'icon does not appear: I suppose that Sd does not start then for these users .... is that correct?

Is there a way to fix this?

Bye

Hi robertomrc, welcome to IObit Forum! :-D

You have to have Administrator privilages to run Smart Defrag.

Try "Run as..." from right click menu and run as Administrator.

You may have to enter the Administrator's password to run it.

Cheers.

thank.... but: OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :(

the problem is that in this system there are many users who are not administrators, and I need that SD always starts for them.

But give them the administrator password is not a good idea...

this is not good :(

Hi robertomrc,

I agree that it is not a good idea to give admin password to others using a PC, but on the other hand, it is also not a good idea to let other users to use an advanced defrag program including boot-time defrag such as Smart Defrag.

That's why Smart Defrag should be used by users with Administrators' rights

Cheers.

In my opinion, it would be useful to include the ability for anyone (admin) install the software to be able to make the program bootable startup for all users, in order to have the defrag automatically at boot time, and without any user can modify the program's settings.

In my case, however, I found a way to start the program automatically, so users (not admin) know that they must not touch the icon of the program and the problem does not exist.

yessss!

The program is:

http://www.robotronic.de/runasspcEn.html

so the user don't see the admin password(ENCRYPTION), and you can make SD bootable at the start for every user ;)

In this case the users can change the settings, but they know that they must not touch the icon of the program :)

Thank you all, bye :mrgreen:

Nothing to do! The program don't work correctly.

I have given up my idea.

Bye

• 1 month later...

Archived