IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

opening screen is quite different

davehorne

I installed Advanced Windows Care V2 Personal yesterday and the opening window for that program seemed just fine. Today I now see the following when clicking on the icon in my system tray:

http://members.home.nl/davehorne/screen.jpg

Suggestions?

An update - I uninstalled Advanced Windows Care V2 Personal, rebooted the computer, installed it once again and now it seems fine.

Additional information - I using Vista Home Premium SP1 and IE7.

The only change AFAIK from last night to today was updating Skype with its latest version.

I really like the program and if it behaves well I will buy it. If I have to uninstall it again, I won't be back.

I saw this yesterday and even just now - in the System Information in your program, I see the refresh rate for my monitor as 59 Hz when it is 60; Windows (and the ATI software) also tells me it's 60. This seems like a very minor glitch and am passing it on.

.... later, DH

Hi davehorn,

If you liked AWC 2 Personal, I am positively sure that you are going to love the new Advanced SystemCare 3.

Although it is at the Release Candidate phase at the moment, you can use it safely together with AWC 2 Personal.

The other good side of it is that, you can use it as Professional version until it expires.

You can find the download link of ASC 3 RC1 in the News & Offers section of this forum.

Please read the details of all the components as per tipped, that you are going to repair, before clicking the repair button.

You can find a lot of useful information about ASC 3 RC1 (formerly AWC 3 Beta) in the Beta section of Advanced Windowscare main section of this forum.

In the Utilities section of the program, there are many useful utilities that you are going to enjoy.

Have a good hunting.

Cheers.

Hi again,

I wish you have read some of the posts in the forum, that may have changed your prejudice.

I am here only trying to help the users in the forum, and unfortunately I am not from IObit, and I haven't sold a penny's worth of anything concerning I.T. in my life, and certainly nothing here.

I would like to apologize if I sounded like selling something!!!

Anyway, enjoy your stay in the forum.

FYI, I read every and each one of the posts in the forum if not twice.

Cheers.

Hi davehorne

As far as I could see from your posts, an re-installation of you program had solved the problem, therefore regarding that there was nothing to help you with.

A clean re-installation of the program often solves strange problems, especially if one has had a previous version installed.

That said, I must admit that I have experienced something similar installing Skype on a girlfriends computer, we lost the connection to the internet, and had to restore the computer to before the installation of Skype.

I could not find any culprit.

Her laptop is precisely the same as my own laptop except that I had had Skype installed for a long time, and had updated it continuously.

Still makes me wonder though.

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. There is no selling involved, both programs mentioned in this string is absolutely free of charge.

Thanks for the reply but I have the feelng you didn't actually read my posts but are just selling.

In the meantime I bought and registered version 2.

I've had a repeat of the same problem I initially wrote about. :sad:

I reinstalled version 2, the program informs me it will first uninstall the version 2 already on my computer, version 2 installs again and everything now seems fine ... once again.

Am I the only one with this problem? I have also had the problem where the only icon of version 2 that works is the one in the System Tray; with the reinstallation of version 2 that problem also went away.

Apart from reinstalling (which is getting old), are there any concrete suggestions? Thanks, DH using Vista Home Premium SP1.

Hi davehorne

We don't know how you install an update.

It will ask if you want to install in the same folder after it has uninstalled the previous program - so the folder is still there, right?

In this folder there can be leftovers from the previous installation, and these leftovers sometimes make trouble - depends on what they are though.

Another thing, do you always check the details and configure them to your needs before you click repair?

Cheers

solbjerg

In the meantime I bought and registered version 2.

I've had a repeat of the same problem I initially wrote about. :sad:

I reinstalled version 2, the program informs me it will first uninstall the version 2 already on my computer, version 2 installs again and everything now seems fine ... once again.

Am I the only one with this problem? I have also had the problem where the only icon of version 2 that works is the one in the System Tray; with the reinstallation of version 2 that problem also went away.

Apart from reinstalling (which is getting old), are there any concrete suggestions? Thanks, DH using Vista Home Premium SP1.

A follow up - to start completely fresh in order to avoid any future problems, I yet again uninstalled the program using Windows Programs and Features in Control Panel. After that I went to C:\Program Files and deleted everything under Iobit and rebooted. It would appear that the uninstallation process fom Windows does not remove everything since I had to remove files by hand.

I installed the pro version using the link in the e-mail I was sent and jumped through all the hoops.

If the problem returns again I know I will have done my best.

One more thing, even though the program tells me it is registered (I see my e-mail address and the registration code), there was still a comment in the lower left of the window re an upgrade or something. It implied I was not using the pro version or something like that.

I entered in again my e-mail address and code and that comment then disappeared. I assume that is a very minor glitch.

If I have no further problems you won't hear from me. Thanks! DH

Hi Dave

The registration confirmation was in the folder you deleted, so you had to enter it again. The deletion can also be done so that you keep your settings regarding the Ignore list and your registration confirmation, if you delete the contents in the folder selectively - but it is for the most part easier to delete the whole folder after having uninstalled the program and then re-enter things to ignore and your registration.

If you have ideas for improvement, or if you have problems you are welcome to write again!

Cheers

solbjerg

A follow up - to start completely fresh to try and avoid any problems, I yet again uninstalled the program using Windows Programs and Features in Control Panel. After that I went to C:\Program Files and deleted everything under Iobit and rebooted. It would appear that the uninstallation process fom Windows does not remove everything since I had to remove files by hand.

I installed the pro version using the link in the e-mail I was sent and jumped through all the hoops.

If the problem returns again I know I will have done my best.

One more thing, even though the program tells me it is registered (I see my e-mail address and the registration code), there was still a comment in the lower left of the window re an upgrade or something. It implied I was not using the pro version or something like that.

I entered in again my e-mail address and code and that comment then disappeared. I assume that is a very minor glitch.

If I have no further problems you won't hear from me. Thanks! DH

Well dave, if it is only for yourself you can right click on its icon in quick launch toolbar, choose properties and tell it to start in the address that works.

Cheers

solbjerg

Well, I do have one minor glitch to report.

If I click on the System Tray icon, the program opens immediately. If I click on the icon in the Quick Launch toolbar (or elsewhere), I have to click through the Window's User Account nanny.

Either I'm dense or you might have misunderstood what I meant.

When I click on the icon in the System Tray, the program immediately opens.

If I click on the same icon in the Quick Launch toolbar or anywhere else for that matter, I see the 'Program Needs Your Permission To Continue' message from Windows User Account Control. I click through that and then I see the program.

I edited that Quick Launch icon (under Properties \ Advanced) to Run As Administrator and I still have to click through the 'Program Needs Your Permission To Continue'.

I'm curious why there's a difference. The icon in the System Tray immediately opens the program and the other icons open the program only after I jump through a hoop.

I hope this is a more clear explanation. Thanks, DH

DH, misunderstanding is because of Vista.

When you click on the icon in Sytem Tray, the program immediately opens, because it is already running.

For the other icons, UAC is doing it's annoying duty.

Most probably, the icons have a small shield figure on them too. It is not a specific case only for AWC.

I have had this situation in different PCs with Vistas, and some of them are solved by just disabling the UAC and unblocking setup file before installing AWC or any other program as The Administrator, that UAC interferes with. Not all of them acted the same way though. I believe this was because of the installation of the programs with UAC active in the first time.

I am not sure though. On my Vista Ultimate with UAC always off, non of the icons of the programs has this shield on them.

I hope this helps. Cheers.

OK, yet another followup.

http://members.home.nl/davehorne/problem.jpg

I just rebooted the computer and the opening screen now is as I initially posted. However, if I click on any link in that initial screen, the following screen displays correctly and not cropped.

There is a problem at least with Vista Home Premium, my video driver and Advanced Windows Care 2 Pro.

I am open to all suggestions. Thanks, DH

Hi dave

Did you put any system optimization details into the ignore list?

Does Vista have the same possibility as XP to let Windows choose the best settings for your computer in the right click my computer/properties/advanced/performance -settings?

cheers

solbjerg

OK, yet another followup.

http://members.home.nl/davehorne/problem.jpg

I just rebooted the computer and the opening screen now is as I initially posted. However, if I click on any link in that initial screen, the following screen displays correctly and not cropped.

There is a problem at least with Vista Home Premium, my video driver and Advanced Windows Care 2 Pro.

I am open to all suggestions. Thanks, DH

DH, before deciding that it is a bug, can we make two trials?

1) Go to:

Right click "Computer" icon=>click "Properties"=>Control Panel>System=>"Tasks" on the left=>click "Advanced system settings"=>"System Properties" window=>click "Advanced" tab=>"Performance" section=>click "Settings..." button=>"Performance Options" window=>click "Visual Effects" tab=>select "Let windows choose what's best for my computer" option=>click "Apply"=>click "OK"=>click "OK"=>Restart "Windows OS"

If this doesn't solve it, a temporary solution may be :

2) To download, unblock, and install ResizeEnable from here and try if it works with the default skin of AWC.

I can't think of any other solution at the moment.

Hope it helps!

EDIT:Sorry solbjerg, I didn't see that you replied.

That's quite alright, your explanation is more precise, but it does not seem like he can follow it? Cheers solbjerg

If I right click the System Tray icon I will see (under Vista Home Premium):

Open Program

Settings

Tools

News center ... etc.

If I right click the Quick Launch icon, I have the 'compatibility' option of several Windows systems. I chose Windows XP Service Pack 2.

We'll see if this setting sticks to the hard drive.

I'll be in touch. All the best, DH

Re your suggestion to 'let Windows decide the best setting', I had already reinstalled the program and then changed the compatibility setting.

I _also_ implemented the setting you suggested.

I've spent a fair of time with this. If I don't have the problem in the near future we can assume it was one of those two changes. :|

A reinstallation seems to always solve this glitch. I'm hoping the other two changes solves the problem.

Thanks, DH

Ok dave

Remember to configure details before repairing - especially in system optimization - if it shows that it finds a problem then go in and decide whether you find it necessary to put it in the ignore list, or if you accept the optimization from the program. Some of the setting there is to use as few resources as possible, and that can sometimes give a screen problem or a colour problem.

Cheers

solbjerg

Re your suggestion to 'let Windows decide the best setting', I had already reinstalled the program and then changed the compatibility setting.

I _also_ implemented the setting you suggested.

I've spent a fair of time with this. If I don't have the problem in the near future we can assume it was one of those two changes. :|

A reinstallation seems to always solve this glitch. I'm hoping the other two changes solves the problem.

Thanks, DH

The problem returned even with those changes.

I have discovered something though. If I close down the program in the System Tray and then click on the icon in the Quick Launch toolbar, it opens as it should. It's not a solution but more of a work-around.

Another minor glitch is this - take a look at the icons in the Start menu for this program. Two of the icons looks like place holders and not an actual icon for the program. Is their appearance correct ... or not?

http://members.home.nl/davehorne/advance.jpg

At this point I am at a loss on what to do other than what I suggested (to myself) as a work-around. I'm open to suggestions. Thanks, DH

DH, as you are open to suggestions, did you read the post #18 in this thread, and try?

I changed the setting in 'Let Windows decide what's best for my computer' in Advanced Settings. So far, so good.

If the problem returns I'll try that download.

Thanks. DH

Archived