IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Blue Screen after install

N3DSI

Hello,

I tried installing ASC w/ AV 2013 on my Win XP machine, but after the install it kicks me right to a Blue Screen of Death, tho when i start computer in safe modus, w/o network support or command line, it does not kick me to a blue screen, so tried reinstalling/uninstalling couple of times, without any success, this keeps happening, so I don't know what to do, however when i had ASC installed by itself it would not kick me to blue screen, so it has some relation to the Anti-Virus. (note: i did uninstall ESET Smart Security before installing ASC w/ AV 2013.)

Also i have noticed that the program does not show up in the software > uninstall in windows and/or oibit uninstaller software.

So what can be causing this, and what can be done to fix it..

Hello,

I tried installing ASC w/ AV 2013 on my Win XP machine, but after the install it kicks me right to a Blue Screen of Death

what can be done to fix it..

If it was my computer........ I would Format the harddrive and Install W-7 on it. :idea: ;-)

A Clean drive makes a Happy computer. 8-)

Note - Of course you want to make copies and back-ups of important data, on an external drive, first

Hi, N3DSI

Try installing Malwarebytes Anti-malware, when you first run it, do an update, and allow it to update to the latest database. Then do a full scan, (it will take a while but worth waiting) and see if it finds anything. If it does, let it clean your system. Then reinstall ASC/AV again and see if it works.

If Malwarebytes does not find anything, come back and we will see if we can help further.

Well I will try that, tho i did install ESET Smart Security right after install, and not uninstalled it till today when i wanted to install ASC/AV, and didn't know a .zip file that contains a .txt can contain a virus, just did what was said on the dialog box DDS said. but who knows maybe something has slipped by ESET Smart Security 5 after all. will be a task for tomorrow, as it is a different PC then the one i write this on.

Toppack,

DDS is a program that will scan your computer and create logs that can be used to display various startup, configuration, and file information from your computer.

Thanks for the Info!

Strange that it did Not come up in Search. :shock::?

Is DDS similar to the 'Security Task Manager' program?

That's the process-manager that I've been using lately.

http://www.neuber.com/taskmanager/index.html

Or does it only give Info similar to 'msconfig.exe' that comes with W-7?

If so, it may be good to compare DDS data to msconfig data.

• 2 weeks later...

It happened to me too. There is a treath in the forum in fact. But in my case I use Windows 7 x64 Ultimate. Everytime I had running ascwa there were blue screens, even after reinstall the os from scratch. The only solution that I found was install it on compatibility modo in conjunction with other antivirus (avast free) after that, I haven't blue blue screens any more. By the way, I have two other machines and there were no issues with it. Only on my desktop pc.

N3DSI Machine was/is definitely compromised.

Hi N3DSI,

I hope that you have gotten the help you seek. Your DDS log/s indicate that you need/ed assistance. If you still need help, and if you post back again, I will move your thread to the Malware removal section... sorry I didn't view your post sooner!

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live Long and prosper!

Archived