IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Game Booster 3.4 problem with Run As

Hi, i have Windows 7 Ultimate x64 with UAC disabled (i use the pc everyday with a limited user account and when i need administrator rights i use the "run as" method), i've noticed a problem with Game Booster 3.4, when i'm logged in windows with a limited user and i launch it as administrator with "run as" the process window simply doesn't show any process, the problem doesn't exist if i launch it as a limited user (but obviously the program can't kill services), here you can see two screenshots:

http://imgur.com/a/VW7NG

Is this a bug ? do you think could be fixed in future versions ?

Thanks a lot in advance

Hi t0t3m... welcome here!

This could be a bigger issue... or not. Why would you not operate as the adminstrator all the time if you were the administrator...

Are you the administrator?

After looking at your screenshots (even though I don't use GameBooster) it seems odd. Have you tried a clean install using the guidelines here and here? (you will have to be the administrator to do this)

This suggestion may or may not fix.:shock:

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

Hi, i have Windows 7 Ultimate x64 with UAC disabled (i use the pc everyday with a limited user account and when i need administrator rights i use the "run as" method), i've noticed a problem with Game Booster 3.4, when i'm logged in windows with a limited user and i launch it as administrator with "run as" the process window simply doesn't show any process, the problem doesn't exist if i launch it as a limited user (but obviously the program can't kill services), here you can see two screenshots:

http://imgur.com/a/VW7NG

Is this a bug ? do you think could be fixed in future versions ?

Thanks a lot in advance

This could be a bigger issue... or not. Why would you not operate as the adminstrator all the time if you were the administrator...

Are you the administrator?

After looking at your screenshots (even though I don't use GameBooster) it seems odd. Have you tried a clean install using the guidelines here and here? (you will have to be the administrator to do this)

This suggestion may or may not fix.:shock:

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

Logging into windows as administrator for every day usage is a bad security habit, it's a lot safer to log is as a standard user and elevate privileges only when needed (with uac or run as), i've tried to do a clean install and i've reenabled uac, if i start game booster uac prompts for admin user and password, the result is the same, the process list seems to show only administrator processes (the one you start with "run as administrator" with uac enabled) if you don't have any administrator process running it shows 0 processes.. but i think it should show the processes started as limited user too so a limited user can stop useless services and kill every useless process (started with administrator or limited user rights) before running a game

i'm sorry for my bad english bye!

Archived