IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Game booster 3.5 beta and shared internet connections

ok so i'm on a windows 7 home prem laptop with a wireless internet connection and i'm using the laptop as a wireless device for the xbox 36 via shared internet on the lan ports i was wanting to know that i have to uncheck in the configuration to have it to where it won't disable the shared connection so i can have a some-what faster internet connection for game play on live, or do i need to use the Advanced SystemCare to speed up my wireless connection?

hi wize5... welcome to the Iobit forums!

Using the search function of the forum may or may not provide you the answer you seek.:wink:

ASC will not speed up your connection. What speed is your connection anyway (what is the capability of the wireless router versus the actual subscribed connection speed versus the demands you and everybody else place on it?)? Why are you not using the wireless router as the access point... have you used the laptop as a repeater??? Or is it that you don't have a wireless router and thus you are using your laptop in this capacity? (In which case go down to goodwill and buy a used wireless g or n router for $5-$10 bucks and set it up). I have two wireless g's and one wireless n that I paid 5 bucks for.

You can use this tool to find out your actual speeds. Try some different servers and choose the fastest.

I think it would be good if you elaborate as I may be way off base because of the ambiguity of your first post.

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

Archived