IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Question About A File

ESET Online Scanner identifies the file "ASCAntivirus.exe" as a threat. It says "probably unknown NewHeur_PE Virus" and quarantined the file.

NewHeur_PE is not a specific virus but instead is a place-holder used to label a file or process that behaves like a virus but is currently unknown to the anti-virus software. This often means the virus is new, and is in the process of being identified and categorized.

I am pretty sure this is legit but just in case I left it in quarantine. Is this a legit ASC w AV file? If so someone needs to contact ESET and have them fix the FP.

Thanks

It's the file for the program that does the scanning.

Anyway I restored it, did a scan and all is well.

I don't use ESET Online Scanner that often and I am sure it will get fixed somewhere along the line.

By the way. ESET also quarantines the ASC w AV installer file.

It wasn't all that bad as ESET found and quarantined two apps installer files of two apps that I had previously uninstalled. I thought I had previously previously deleted the setup files so now they are gone.

Archived