IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

SysExplorer log

pepsi

On the bottom of my screen above the task bar I randomly get a Y!.Axis bar. It's not listed in my control panel. Is there anyway to stop this. It's driving me crazy.

It sounds like the browser extension Yahoo Axis which it seems is not very popular

From the Yahoo Answers thread How do I remove Yahoo Axis from my computer?

Yahoo Axis is not showing up on my control panel so I can uninstall. I am using Mozilla. Does that matter? Also, it slows down my computer tremendously. What a waste of a program!

If it doesn't appear in IObit Uninstaller then try the answer by echinopsis

It depends on the browser you are using!

For Firefox: click on the Firefox button, then click add-ons. In add-ons manager select extensions, appearance or plugins panel, select Yahoo Axis, click "disable".

For IE: tools, manage add-ons, choose Yahoo Axis, click disable.

For Chrome: click the wrench icon (top left), tools, extensions, look for Yahoo Axis, unmark the box next to enabled.

For iOS Safari (MAC, iPad or iPhone): go to Safari preferences, click the puzzle piece on top, choose extensions. Find Yahoo Axis in the left column, tap uninstall.

All the best, woz of oz

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

See post by Wozofoz above, for Disable procedure, if you missed it.

Be careful when installing new software.

So many of them attempt to install Unwanted Browser Toolbars. :-(

Some of them have real Sneaky ways of trying to confuse the 'opt-out' selection.

I've encountered some that Don't even have an Opt-out. :-( and those I refuse to complete the install.

I have Grown to Hate the Tool-bar installs :twisted:

I hope the software companies, that Add those, are getting Paid a Lot, for Ruining their reputation and popularity.

Pepsi

The reason it is not listed is this is not an installed toolbar but just a banner ad displayed by yahoo.com on the bottom of their page in order to promote their axis product.

If you click the x in the upper corner of the banner it will disappear for now, but is not a permanent fix.

Have a look at this link and see if it helps with removing it. If not come back to us and we will try something else.

Or you can Change your 'Home-page'. ;-)

Which is what I would do. :mrgreen:

We created our Own Homepage, that can be modified as needed.

It's fairly simple to create a homepage, in HTML language,

that stays on your computer and does not need to be downloaded from internet.

You can put links on your homepage, to websites that you visit most often.

That way the Browser does Not automaticly connect to the internet when it's loaded,

which is safer and quicker loading of Browser.

I tried to upload a simple Homepage Example, that you could use,

but I found that this website will not allow uploads of .htm files :-(

EDIT:

Toppack, please try compressing it as a zip or rar file, then you can attach the compressed file to your post.

Pepsi

Thank you for the feedback. We are delighted that we were able to help. May I say that you must give yourself most of the credit, as you were prepared to listen to suggestions and then work on it yourself and resolve the issues, So give yourself a pat on the back.

Or you can Change your 'Home-page'. ;-)

Which is what I would do. :mrgreen:

I tried to upload a simple Homepage Example, that you could use,

but I found that this website will not allow uploads of .htm files :-(

EDIT:

Toppack, please try compressing it as a zip or rar file, then you can attach the compressed file to your post.

I thought about that but the overall procedure was getting too complicated for a beginner, so gave up. :cry:

Few people want to take the time to learn how to edit .htm files anyway.

But it really is Easy to create your Own Homepage, Once you have an Example to edit.

New Problem

:???:Sorry to keep bugging you all but I do try to solve these problems on my own and when I don't suceed I ask you. New problem. I've downloaded Adobe Flash Player update but this is the message I get. The problem is it doesn't even turn on when its suppose to. I've tried to change local computer to network systems still got the same message, reinstalled still got the same message.

Did you try Re-booting the computer to see if that made a difference?

Run msconfig.exe to check status of related check-boxes under 'services' and 'startup' tabs.(active or deactivated)

(msconfig.exe can be run in blank at bottom of Start-Icon's Menu)

Pepsi

No problem, we are happy to help. I do not know which Browser you have, but I do know that Adobe Flash Player does not play well with some versions of Firefox or IE8. However try the following and see if it helps. You should do a reboot after making the changes.

1. Opening the Flash Player control panel in the Windows control panels

2. Selecting the Advanced tab

3. Clicking "Change Update Settings"

4. Choosing "Notify me to install updates"

help open the Flash Player

Using IE Can you tell me how to open the Flash Player. If I go and open the Windows control panel I can see I don't have anything that says advanced tab. Can you walk me through it? Thanks for your help

1. Opening the Flash Player control panel in the Windows control panels

2. Selecting the Advanced tab

3. Clicking "Change Update Settings"

4. Choosing "Notify me to install updates"

Pepsi

Before we go any further, please go to the following which will verify if Adobe Flash Player is installed and if so which version it is. It will also tell you if you have the latest version for your system, and if not will show you how to install the latest version.

Where do I go

Pepsi

Before we go any further, please go to the following which will verify if Adobe Flash Player is installed and if so which version it is. It will also tell you if you have the latest version for your system, and if not will show you how to install the latest version.

Am I not seeing something or did you forget to add the link?

http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/ Cheers solbjerg

just notice if you have the latest version

Pepsi

I did post the link but I may have posted the wrong one and Solbjerg deleted the link (sorry Solbjerg)

This is the correct Link and should be ok.

Not so Scannan I haven't deleted anything, you apparently forgot to place it in your post, so I found a link that could be used and placed it in the edit line.

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi Toppack,

Yes it does, but the other link checks the installation, identifies the version installed and provides installation instructions, which will be more helpful to Pepsi.

This AFP, is a nightmare and it does not look as if Adobe will resolve the install and browser issues anytime soon.

Pepsi

There was some confusion regarding the link and I think you may have gone to the wrong one. This is the correct link, and will firstly confirm if Flash Player is installed (because if it is it should appear in your Control Panel...see attachments).

Secondly it will show you the version and third it will give you instructions for installing the Flash Player.

Unfortunatel, the Adobe Flash Player is notorious for having install problems and not working properly with IE,,,so we will have to try step by step. The link I have given is a good start.

Archived