IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Smart Defrag V2.5, ASC w/AntiVirus, Analyze Stalls at 19% Percent

AspireOneNetbook

Good Day! I hope you're enjoying a pleasant one.

I am running ASC with AntiVirus which includes Smart Defrag V2.5.

I have it installed on 2 Acer AspireOne Netbooks, with XP.

On one of the Netbooks, as per my attached Screen Shot, The Analysis of my drive stalls at 19%. I have excluded the file(s) that it stalls on, and I can do that forever. No matter what the file is, it always stalls at 19% Percent.

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

John B.

AspireOneNetbook,

I am sorry to hear you are having this difficulty.

I would suggest that you download Smart Defrag 2.5 as a seperate stand alone utility, and once installed run it, to see if the process will complete or if it will halt again before completion.

Please let us know the result.

You can download it from the Iobit site if you wish.

Hi AspireOneNetbook!

Scannan's advisement is sound, provided that your install of ASCw/AV and the installation of SmartDefrag through ASC/AV was not simply a link to the stand alone.(I am not running ASC/AV). You can look in your program files to determine if you have installed the stand alone version.

If you have installed the stand alone version then I suggest you do a clean install of SmartDefrag using the guidelines here and here as a general reference.

Here is where you will find the newest stand alone version of SmartDefrag.

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

Hi John

Does the screenshot show the response to hitting the analyze button or the Defrag button (if so what kind of defrag)?

What are your settings? Do you have large video, picture or sound files on that disc?

If you restart your machine does it then do the chosen Boot Defrag without stopping?

It is possible that a clean install may make the problem go away though.

Cheers

solbjerg

Good Day! I hope you're enjoying a pleasant one.

I am running ASC with AntiVirus which includes Smart Defrag V2.5.

I have it installed on 2 Acer AspireOne Netbooks, with XP.

On one of the Netbooks, as per my attached Screen Shot, The Analysis of my drive stalls at 19%. I have excluded the file(s) that it stalls on, and I can do that forever. No matter what the file is, it always stalls at 19% Percent.

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

John B.

Hi John

Does the screenshot show the response to hitting the analyze button or the Defrag button (if so what kind of defrag)?

What are your settings? Do you have large video, picture or sound files on that disc?

If you restart your machine does it then do the chosen Boot Defrag without stopping?

It is possible that a clean install may make the problem go away though.

Cheers

solbjerg

Hope all are having a Great Day!

My screen shot is from an Analyze. I'm pretty sure when I ran Defag it did the same thing. No large anything. Boot Defrag is Ok. Going to Uninstall the Stand Alone and the ASC/AV and Re-Install. I think I have Installed them as separate Items. I Uninstalled Smart Defrag (stand alone)... and when I attempted to run SD from ASC/AV it gigged me and advised me to install the Stand Alone... I couldn't run it at all from ASC after uninstalling it as a stand alone. I have downloaded the latest SD. I'm going to Re-install ASC... Test... and see what happens... I'll post the results.

Thanks!

John B.

Smart Defrag is a stand alone application not included in ASC and in it's setup file. If not installed seperately, can not be used!

I have to make one point clear here!

Smart Defrag is a stand alone IObit product and can be used independent of any ASC.

All ASCs have a defragmentation function using a similar engine of Smart defrag but in a simpler manner.

The Smart Defrag in the Toolbox of ASC is only a link to start Smart Defrag if it is already installed as a stand alone application.

If Smart Defrag was not installed, then the link in the Toolbox guides the user to install it so the next time you click on it in Toolbox, it will be a link to start Smart Defrag.

I hope it is clear now!

Cheers.

I hope it is clear now! Cheers.

I get it... I guess that's why, when I do a Deep Care it's able to perform the Defrag operation.

I Un-Installed and Re-Installed SD and ASC-AV. I tested SD without ASC/AV installed. I then tested with ASC/Installed. I Tested SD with an older version 2.3. No Luck. Again there was no specific file that it was conking out on. At one point it was just a simple JPG. I played with some settings but still No Luck. I Un-installed SD and Installed MyDefrag... it stank! I used it for about 2 Seconds... scripts? ...how 'bout we just go back to DOS. I then installed Ultra Defrag and it did a nice job and I was also able to optimize my drive. I'll probably test a few more freebee programs.

ASC/AV is the only program on my Netbook that I actually pay for. I knew in about a day after testing the free version that it was the thing to have and would make computer maintenance a breeze. I've been working with computers since DOS 2.1. I've seen and used about a thousand utilities. Remember the Norton days, before Symantec, and the 8088? I like ASC in that it has a great suite of Utilities and Functions. I don't need to have a pille of separate utilities.

ASC - Set it up, Run It, get on with my life... and now with the AntiVirus... it's even better. I eliminated a whole other program, freed up some more memory, and got a quicker boot time. By using ASC Startup Manager, Smart Ram, Turbo Boost, and the other optimization and clean-up utilities.... and Saluto, I trimmed my boot from 3+ minutes to 51 seconds! When I have the time, I'll troubleshoot some more and figure things out with SD. But for now, I'm still happy with the overall operation of ASC/AV.

I believe I may need some help tweaking my internet performance as I optimize the performance of my little netbook. I'll post my questions wherever as appropriate.

Thanks,

8-)

• 3 months later...
Hi AspireOneNetbook...

Have you done a clean install of Smart Defrag?

IObit Software has been Installed/Un-installed as per my original thread. ASC Pro 6 and Ultimate have been Un-installed and Smart Defrag was Installed as a Stand Alone without any other IObit software installed... older versions were tested... no luck.

I was hoping that the IObit Uninstaller with it's Powerful Scan would at least be able to nuke the software and/or settings of it's Maker. But now it seems... apparently, that Un-installer doesn't work very well either. I'll have to go through additional procedures, hunting down IObit leftovers, and use some third party guru-ware "removal" utility, to get the job done right and complete... but I'll bet anything, that after all is said and done... it will have been a waste of time... which is way too valuable to me. IObit needs to work on their code so their own product can do the job correctly. I'm not going to do the work for them.

My mood is not at all disappointed, annoyed, or obnoxious... just inquisitive and hopeful... sorry, but, i've spent enough time troubleshooting... there's either a known fix or upgrade that works or I'll just keep using Auslogics Disk Defrag... which is doing a great job but it's not integrated with ASC Ultimate.

I can see by other threads, along with my own, that there doesn't seem to be a viable solution for my issue (or my new issue with Uninstaller). I was hoping that maybe the fix just hasn't been posted. A Search related to this thread, indicates that the problem has existed for a lonnnggg time.

I'll try SD 2.7... but if it don't work... why bother wasting time when there are other free disk defraggers available that will do the job without having to spend time playing ITT Tech to get them working. It would be nice though, to have SD, as it is integrated with ASC Ultimate.

I hope I can still count on the integrity of ASC Ultimate along with Uninstaller, to keep my little Netbook here running at it's best.

I'll just be monitoring this thread, as I'm doing now, patiently and peacefully hopeful that a fix comes to fruition.

John B. (Loyal and Hopeful ASC Ultimate User)

Hi John

I am curious about whether you closed down the program and all its automatic functions prior to uninstalling the program and whether you checked if the program folders were deleted or at least empty - both in programs and in Document&Settings after the deletion and before installing the new program.

And whether you in the original install selected to have the extra bar installed too - and if this was closed down before uninstalling?

I personally find that the SD standalone free program does a better and more volatile job that the SD function in ASC.

Cheers

solbjerg

IObit Software has been Installed/Un-installed as per my original thread. ASC Pro 6 and Ultimate have been Un-installed and Smart Defrag was Installed as a Stand Alone without any other IObit software installed... older versions were tested... no luck.

I was hoping that the IObit Uninstaller with it's Powerful Scan would at least be able to nuke the software and/or settings of it's Maker. But now it seems... apparently, that Un-installer doesn't work very well either. I'll have to go through additional procedures, hunting down IObit leftovers, and use some third party guru-ware "removal" utility, to get the job done right and complete... but I'll bet anything, that after all is said and done... it will have been a waste of time... which is way too valuable to me. IObit needs to work on their code so their own product can do the job correctly. I'm not going to do the work for them.

My mood is not at all disappointed, annoyed, or obnoxious... just inquisitive and hopeful... sorry, but, i've spent enough time troubleshooting... there's either a known fix or upgrade that works or I'll just keep using Auslogics Disk Defrag... which is doing a great job but it's not integrated with ASC Ultimate.

I can see by other threads, along with my own, that there doesn't seem to be a viable solution for my issue (or my new issue with Uninstaller). I was hoping that maybe the fix just hasn't been posted. A Search related to this thread, indicates that the problem has existed for a lonnnggg time.

I'll try SD 2.7... but if it don't work... why bother wasting time when there are other free disk defraggers available that will do the job without having to spend time playing ITT Tech to get them working. It would be nice though, to have SD, as it is integrated with ASC Ultimate.

I hope I can still count on the integrity of ASC Ultimate along with Uninstaller, to keep my little Netbook here running at it's best.

I'll just be monitoring this thread, as I'm doing now, patiently and peacefully hopeful that a fix comes to fruition.

John B. (Loyal and Hopeful ASC Ultimate User)

Archived