IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Some Observations

Buddahfan

Update is far from straight forward.

People who update to this from ASC w AV really need to take the time to go through all the screens and adjust the settings the way they want since there are new settings and all your personalized settings that were in ASC w AV are overridden. Also the update changed my startup programs re-enabling some as start-up programs, even though I had disabled the default of each of these programs which is to auto-start when Windows boots.

I would not have caught this or even think it was going to happen if Scotty (WinPatrol Plus) was not right there on the job.

I changed them all back on each of the three computers using the Startup Manager. As I recall they were

1. Java autoupdater all three computers

2. Open Office Quick Starter all three computers

3. MRU Blaster only 1 of the 3 computers even though installed on all 3

4. MRU Blaster Silent Clean only 1 of the 3 computers even though installed on all 3

It is possible I forgot to disable from Start-Up on that one computer the two MRU Blaster programs though I know for sure the other other two were definitely disabled.

Also I just ran a Quick Scan. The first time the scan ran it did an initialization of the database. The second time I ran the scan it did not. Does the database initialize every time you restart/reboot your computer or only after a virus definition database update?

Advanced System Care Auto-Protection installed fine on Firefox 16.0 Beta 5

I rebooted one my computers after the update. avast! AIS 7 and ASCU both loaded okay and so far I haven't noticed any conflicts. I will keep a close eye on this one.

As I find more stuff worthy of mention I will post.

Regarding "Registry Repair" When it says you have an item to repair "Defrag Registry" it tells you that ASCU will do so on the next reboot. I would like to see that changed to "Your Computer requires a reboot to complete the task. Reboot now or later?" With a radio box to select if you want to reboot now. This will save the hassle of having to manually reboot when ASCU says a reboot is required.

I imagine Disk Scan should work the same way as I am suggesting Registry Repair should work.

Also I just ran a Quick Scan. The first time the scan ran it did an initialization of the database. The second time I ran the scan it did not. Does the database initialize every time you restart/reboot your computer or only after a virus definition database update?

Hi Buddahfan,

Every time when ASC.exe is loaded, it will initialize the database.

But if you do not close ASC.exe and run two scans with the same loading, the program will not initialize when you run the second scan.

Regarding "Registry Repair" When it says you have an item to repair "Defrag Registry" it tells you that ASCU will do so on the next reboot. I would like to see that changed to "Your Computer requires a reboot to complete the task. Reboot now or later?" With a radio box to select if you want to reboot now. This will save the hassle of having to manually reboot when ASCU says a reboot is required.

I imagine Disk Scan should work the same way as I am suggesting Registry Repair should work.

Actually, I prefer to the current settings. According to my own habits, I always prefer to not reboot computer if the modify or modification is not important or which may cause big difference or risk. I'd like to execute those actions when I want to shut down the computer. We do not want our work terminated by this reboot. :mrgreen:

Registry Repair will work when you start your computer next time. No manual work need to do. It will repair the registry automatically at next restart.

Is it me or ASCU doesn't have a right-click context scan?

Hi jaring0002,

There is. It is "Scan by ASC Antivirus" option. It should be changed to "Scan by ASC Ultimate" to avoid the confusion. I have already submitted this concern to the product team.

Hi Cicely,

I do prefer to work like you describe but, Buddahfan is suggesting an option to be given to user to reboot NOW or reboot LATER.

Restart after repair could be added to the option Automaticly repair and Shutdown PC after repair dropdown choices.

It is not exactly what Buddahfan is asking for but, an easy way to accomplish similar result.

Cheers.

May I suggest that this thread should be merged with "Send Your Feedback for Advanced SystemCare Ultimate BETA" thread, as it contains all items which are feedback... it makes it easier to keep a track of the feedback.....either that or change this thread name from " Some Observations" to include the word feedback.

May I suggest that this thread should be merged with "Send Your Feedback for Advanced SystemCare Ultimate BETA" thread, as it contains all items which are feedback... it makes it easier to keep a track of the feedback.....either that or change this thread name from " Some Observations" to include the word feedback.

So merge it with my blessing8-)

In the meantime. Right click on a file in Internet Explorer does bring ASCU Scan as an option like it used to for ASC w AV and as I recall ASC Pro

Actually, I prefer to the current settings. According to my own habits, I always prefer to not reboot computer if the modify or modification is not important or which may cause big difference or risk. I'd like to execute those actions when I want to shut down the computer. We do not want our work terminated by this reboot. :mrgreen:

Registry Repair will work when you start your computer next time. No manual work need to do. It will repair the registry automatically at next restart.

Everyone is different. I never shut down my computers except in rare situations. However, you could very well be correct that restarting is riskier than shutting down.

So you are you saying that when ASCU says Registry Repair will be done on next reboot I should shut down my computer and do a cold boot rather than restart it in order to reboot?

Hi jaring0002,

There is. It is "Scan by ASC Antivirus" option. It should be changed to "Scan by ASC Ultimate" to avoid the confusion. I have already submitted this concern to the product team.

I am not seeing any right click scan option in Windows Explorer for any IObit product except IMF

Archived