IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Taskbar and Start Menu Bug:-ASC V6 Beta 2

Scannan

I appears that ASC V6 Beta 2, is altering the customized settings for the Taskbar (XP SP3).

I have had the issue a few times since installing V6 Beta 2, in that an icon would be missing from the taskbar, usually associated with volume and or Audio Controls (see attachments). I did all the usual, such as reload drivers, etc but could only resolve the issue with a system restore.

Again today the Realtek HD Audio Manager, icon was missing from the Taskbar. I checked running processes and it was actually running. So the issue is with the management of the Taskbar icons/settings.

I believe that what is happening is that when ASC does a registry fix (on autocare) that for some reason it detects a problem with the registry for Sound and or Starup Items, and repairs them, but in doing so alters the customized settings. I have now unticked the Sound and the Startup Items in the Registry Fix settings and will observe if this prevents the problem occuring again.

I have noticed other posts regarding missing Icons in the taskbar and I feel that Iobit may need to look at this issue.

I thought IObit will be Stopping Support of XP OS, Soon ?

There's That 'Soon' thing, again! :mrgreen:

Or is the problem the Same with W-7 & 8 ?

It is Microsoft that will be ending support for XP soon (supposedly).

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

• 1 month later...

I ma haveing the same problem with Win7 I was wondering if it had something to do with the programs being on a secondary HD. I know that it is highly frustrating to have to re add items daily because ASC decides it doesn't like them. Any official word on this getting fixed.?

Hi Nydirech

Welcome. Which version of ASC are you using, as I do not seem to be having the problem since changing to ASC V6 Beta 3.

Just occasionally I would have a problem with the Taskbar Chevron (the little arrow that allows you to extend the view of the active items) going missing, but it appears to be a problem even on machines without ASC.

Hi Scannan

About the chevron - I have had that happen once in a (long) while since before IObit existed.

By me I have noticed that I need at least one of the settings to say "Hide always" to get the chevron to show at all. If the setting is is set to keep the tray tidy, and use the chevron. Perhaps it is enough to toggle that setting?

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi Nydirech

Welcome. Which version of ASC are you using, as I do not seem to be having the problem since changing to ASC V6 Beta 3.

Just occasionally I would have a problem with the Taskbar Chevron (the little arrow that allows you to extend the view of the active items) going missing, but it appears to be a problem even on machines without ASC.

Hi Solbjerg

Yes, itis necessary to have at least one of the settings to say "Hide always" to get the chevron to show. This is a long running problem with windows and is still an issue. One more of the issues MS never managed to sort. I suppose it is easier for them to just create yet another new OS than to repair faults in existng systems..... but I suppose we have learned to live with these things at this stage.

Archived