IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Gamebooster killed my internet and printer

Since installing GB 3.4, I've had a problem with browser windows. When I open a browser window by directly clicking the Internet Explorer icon on my desktop, the browser window stays white and will not load my home page or any other url I input.

The only way to get a response from the internet is to open Gamebooster, have it "switch to gaming mode" while internet explorer is open, and then "restore". When game booster restores all settings, then a single browser window will immediately open with my home page. I can then open other tabs within that window and go elsewhere - however, if I try to open a new browser window by clicking the IE icon, I will again have a white window that never loads any data.

This problem persists even after I reboot, without running Gamebooster. I thought to remedy it by uninstalling Game Booster - and then I had a real problem: without being able to "boost" and then "restore" to get the single active browser window, I was unable to use the internet at all, and unable to even re-download Game Booster to try the original method that got it to work. I had to use a system restore, but unfortunately I don't have a restore point from before I installed Game Booster.

This is also a problem for any program that "pops up" browser windows, as they won't load, therefore no hyperlinking is possible.

I've been putting up with all this while playing games, but it's getting to the point that I need full internet functionality again. I also haven't been able to use my printer since installing Gamebooster, and yet my print spool service is active and started at all times, and is unchecked in Game Booster...

I've gone item by item and started all services in services.msc, and nothing brings back my internet other than starting and stopping Gamebooster. What is going on with this and how do I either restore the functionality or uninstall Gamebooster without again being permanently cut off from the internet?

Hi Forteverum... welcome to the Iobit forums!

Concerning your IE browser... have you tried this: Within IE... open "Tools", then click "Internet Options"... On the "General" tab, click Restore to Default. This is only a suggested possibility and I am not certain it will work, but it may.:-)

Concerning your printer perhaps you could elaborate as the only mention of it was in the title of your post?

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

About the printer - documents which are sent there hang up, and eventually the print queue displays an error. It's a wireless printer, and there is no response from the actual printer. However, the printer does show up in the device list with a green checkmark.

I am not having any success with this. I can say, however, that when I open the browser directly from the icon and no url loads or displays, that every option on the tools menu is greyed out and unclickable.

I take it back. When I rebooted my PC, it went back to the old behavior. Opening the browser made it hang up. I tried the same remedy - resetting the browser to default. This time it did nothing.

The only thing that got me posting here again was again opening game booster with one non functioning browser window open, then running and restoring game booster.

And my printer still won't work either.

try this

Hi forteverum

try unchecking SSDP, for your printer.

As for your internet it might be a conflict between Norton/GB,

where you can anly effect certain changes via MS

therefor you were able to re-connect to the net

Roy

Hi forteverum.

I have posted your computer details as listed so that others may be of help.

OS + Computer Details:Windows 7 Ultimate

McAfee Antivirus

Game Booster 3.4

Geforce 470

AMD Thuban 6 core

16 GB RAM

OCZ Agility III

It would be helpful if you update these details and also describe your security and network configuration. ((Are your wireless all the way?) If so, what are the settings within this... I post the Vista equivalent and don't have 7):wink:

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=10563&d=1349824619

Also plese elaborate on this:

non functioning browser window open
What vesion of the IE are you using, what are your add-on's and have you done a clean install of it at this point?

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

gb 3.4

Hi again,

open Game booster>configure

SSDP is listed in unneccessary services, click on down arrow and scroll down and uncheck.

Regarding Macafee do you use any other options apart from the AV, browser guard mail guard etc.

Roy

NB

if your having trouble connecting to the net

make sure your windows updates are upto date

the MS malicious software tool for october came out today KB890830. check your history

Hi Forteverum,

Would you please make some screenshots of GB3 Configure screen when the problem appears and then send them to us for further check?

Here are the instructions:

1. Run your game with GB 3.

2. Click Configure button at the bottom left of GameBox screen of GB3.

3. Click Maximize icon on the top right of the screen.

4. Click "Processes" to show the whole list under it and then make a screenshot of the list.

5. Use the same way to make screenshots of "Unnecessary Services" screen, "Non-Windows Services" screen and "Others" screen separately.

Guide for taking screenshot.

http://graphicssoft.about.com/cs/general/ht/winscreenshot.htm

It would be nice of course!

If members would post back stating that their problem is resolved/or not...:smile:

If we could eat ice cream and doughnuts (of a multitude of variety) at every meal and remain fit...:smile:

If we knew others were as honest with us as we are with them...:smile:

etc.:-)

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

Archived