IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

SD 2.6.0.1162 (1010) Final

sunny staines

http://majorgeeks.com/IObit_SmartDefrag_d5318.html

Has been re released again, if it has been modified why not a change in version number I thought the last four number in the version number were for minor changes. Its a great product but confusing when its rereleased with the same number readers will not know if it needs updating or not.

could one of the administrators suggest this to IObit please.

http://majorgeeks.com/IObit_SmartDefrag_d5318.html

Has been re released again, if it has been modified why not a change in version number I thought the last four number in the version number were for minor changes. Its a great product but confusing when its rereleased with the same number readers will not know if it needs updating or not.

could one of the administrators suggest this to IObit please.

I agree..not having the full version number makes it very confusing..just having 2.5 or 2.6 without the last four numbers doesnt tell a user whether they already have the latest version..Major Geeks sometimes reposts a version people already have..i also see on the Iobit download page smart defrag still has version 2.5 showing..likewise for advanced system care 6 beta the site still shows beta 2.0 when beta 3.0 is already out..this isnt a complaint..just an observation..been using Iobit products along time....great products...Thanks

The download links on MajorGeeks are now working correctly but still a new version listed? 2.6.0.1162 (1013) Final.

I installed it and nothing at all appeared to change.

The "About" dialog only says "v.2.6" no build number.

Meanwhile the homepage still shows "v.2.5" as the current version.

Come on IObit and get it together, I'm getting tried of false updates.

Add an updater to Smart Defrag to solve these problems.

Good day.:-)

well i have install each of the three final builds no idea if any different or as enoskype suggests may be just advert option changes during install. I remember back in the day when nero 6 was a must have they used to do that to get the software relisted on update sites to further promote it, dont mind that as long as thay say so in changelog so you can read first before deciding to update again.

SD I think is still one of the best defrags despite these minor hiccups.

Archived