IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

IObit SmartDefrag 2.6.0.1162 (1013) UPDATED again! (1106)

enoskype

http://www.iobit.com/tpl/img/icon/sd_64.png Smart Defrag 2.6.0.1162 is available. (October 13, 2012) (UPDATED again Nov. 06, 2012)

......http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6499&stc=1&d=1292462110

From: MajorGeeks (defragsetup.exe 4661 KB) Setup File version: 2.6.0.1162 (1KB more than the previous setup file) (Updated again Nov. 06, 2012 size: 4246 KB)

Application File: SmartDefrag.exe (1570 KB) Application File version: 2.6.0.1162

Changelog:

----------------------------------

+ Updated Installer (Removed the Toolbar) (1106)

+ Updated Language Files

+ Improved Support for Windows 8

+ Improved Smart Defrag Updater

+ Improved User Interface

+ Fixed General Bugs

NOTE: Free Defragmenter Forever

Smart Defrag is 100% freeware. Download, use, and update it absolutely free for your personal computers, business or enterprise servers –– it won’t cost you a penny.

Cheers.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Pissed off! [Correction!!!!]

What I got from Major Geeks was corrupted. Not happy. :x Is there another source? Correction: The file from Australia is corrupted,the main MG source is fine! :-D

-Cowboy

Hi all,

Smart Defrag 2.6 setup file in the FIRST post is again updated today.

Size of the setup file is 4246 KB.

Toolbar installation is taken out.

Cheers.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Cicely,

The attachments are self explaining.

This was going on for years in the last so many different versions of Smart Defrag. :shock:

Toppack and myself pointed that out so many times.:mrgreen:

Suggestions:

- Horizontal size fixing of the colums by users should be defined in the config.ini file. So, next start of SD will have the user defined column sizes.

This is important to see the action/status going on and also when other languages are chosen for SD.

- Map size should be maximized on the GUI without user intervension of attempting to resize of the GUI. This will be the case regardless of the size of the GUI chosen by the user in the prior running session of SD.

Thank you and cheers.

The 'status' column is of primary concern since it is unreadable.

When you move the columns to make them readable, they do Not Stay in those positions the next time SD is run.

Even when window is expanded to full screen the columns are Squeezed together on right side.

Just a related comment

I think in W7 whenever you start resizing GUI's and changing column widths etc it increases the amount of memory used by DWM.exe

What is dwm.exe, Complete dwm.exe Process Information

You will notice on your computer or any computer running W7 that DWM.exe uses more memory as you open and close Windows Explorer a number of times, especially if you click on "maximize" or start dragging the borders around while Windows Explorer is open.

If you are running W7 with 2GB RAM or less and have a medium or low performance processor this can and will make your system very slow. If you then reboot DWM.exe memory usage goes down until you start to use Windows Explorer. Over time the memory usage will crepe up again and it doesn't take that long.

I don't know if resizing application GUI's and changing column widths while the GUI is open will cause DWM.exe to use more memory, howewver my guess is that it could very well do this.

I also don't know if making the suggested changes to SD GUI would impact DWM.exe memory usage, I leave that up to the coders to determine. Nonetheless I thought I would just throw it out there or here as it were:lol:

Hi Buddahfan,

The issue you have pointed out is not applicable to SD's behaviour, as everything behaves as it should if you don't exit Smart Defrag without a glitch even if you are using 2 GB RAM.

When you exit Smart Defrag and restart it, columns return to default position and map area on the main GUI is as small as default minimum window size unless you start dragging the borders around, which immediatelly enlarges the map area fitting to the size of the main GUI. Thatdoesn't cause any stalls either.

The map size bug is valid for XP, Vista, Win7 and Win8. (With or without dwm.exe's high memory usage.)

Cheers.

? DWM → Diskless Workstation Management?? ==>>Desktop Windows Manager :smile: Edited by

Hi Toppack & enoskype,

Thank you so much for the detailed information.:mrgreen:

I have forwarded this issue to our RD testing engineers. They are looking into it now.

I will update the post when there is result from them.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Buddahfan,

The issue you have pointed out is not applicable to SD's behaviour, as everything behaves as it should if you don't exit Smart Defrag without a glitch even if you are using 2 GB RAM.

When you exit Smart Defrag and restart it, columns return to default position and map area on the main GUI is as small as default minimum window size unless you start dragging the borders around, which immediatelly enlarges the map area fitting to the size of the main GUI. Thatdoesn't cause any stalls either.

The map size bug is valid for XP, Vista, Win7 and Win8. (With or without dwm.exe's high memory usage.)

Cheers.

? DWM → Diskless Workstation Management?? ==>>Desktop Windows Manager :smile: Edited by

Sorry I wan't clear. I know it is not currently relevant to the issue but I think it may become relevant if the changes asked for are made.:-) The reason being is that the changes requested if made would allow changes to the GUI by the user to continue to hold even after you close and re-open SD. The same with resizing the graph so it takes up more space in the GUi when the GUI and you maximize the GUI. If the graph takes ujp more space than it currently does than that might effect the DWM.exe memory usage. Again this is just a guess and I leave it to the coders to work out.

Archived