IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Good Install On W7-SP1 x64 vs Corrupted Install

I took the time to fix the install on one of my three computers using ASCU. Below are the directory pathes for the good install vs the corruped install. Some very interesting information.

Those directory paths highlighted in red are unique to either the good or the corrupted install

Good Install

1. ASCU - C:\Program File (x/9)\IObit

2. ASCU - C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs

3. ASC V4 - C:\Users\Me\AppData\Roaming\IObit - Created during AutoCare ran

4. ASC V5 – C:\Windows\SysWOW64\config\systemprofile\AppData\Roaming\IObit

5. ASC V6 - C:\ProgramData\iobit

6. ASC V6 - C:\Users\Me\AppData\LocalLow\IObit

7. ASC V6 - C:\Users\Me\AppData\Roaming\IObit

8. ASC V6 - C:\Windows\SysWOW64\config\systemprofile\AppData\Roaming\IObit

Corrupted Install

1. ASCU – C:\Program Files (x86)\IObit

2. ASCU – C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs

3. ASC V5 – C:\ProgramData\iobit

4. ASC V5 - C:\Users\Me\AppData\Roaming\IObit

5. ASC V5 – C:\Windows\SysWOW64\config\systemprofile\AppData\Roaming\IObit

6. ASC V6 – C:\ProgramData\iobit

7. ASC V6 – C:\Users\Me\AppData\LocalLow\IObit

8. ASC V6 – C:\Users\Me\AppData\Roaming\IObit

9. ASC w AV – C:\Program Files\(x86)\IObit

If you have a corrupt install your directories may be different. What is interesting is that the good install created a ASC V4 directory. It was created during the AutoCare process as I noted above.

On the good install the right click on the Recycle Bin and the right click on a Folder/File are bringing up the proper ASCU options.

I want to add this to the library of info.

When my computers had bad ASCU installs the virus definitions were not auto updating daily. Once I cleaned everything up and reinstalled, yes I said I was going to wait until ASCU RTM:grin: the auto updates started working.

I point this out because from time to time I have seen posters here mention that they were not getting auto updates properly.

Therefore if anyone who is having this problem reads this post they may want to consider a reinstall.

This may have been mentioned in another post but I just wanted to throw in my two cents on it at this point.8:)

Hi Buddahfan!

I found the removal of Beta ASCU a bit problematic... did you as well? The built in uninstaller automatically reverted (reinstalled) V6 ASC beta, then left alot behind to clean up. Then I had to uninstall the V6 beta (no problem there but I shouldn't have to install V6 beta in order to uninstall ASCU:shock:)

Did you have any difficulties deleting the folder afterwards?

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

EDIT by Mel: I uninstalled all Iobit apps, and removed the remnants that remained. ASCU should remove its fingers from the other Iobit softwares! The shared service thing must be stopped for ASCU to work:shock:.

Hi Buddahfan,

Thanks for the information. :mrgreen:

Programmers may forget to update the folder name. I have forwarded these information to programmers and these version issues will be updated in next release.

You are very careful.

I found the removal of Beta ASCU a bit problematic... did you as well? The built in uninstaller automatically reverted (reinstalled) V6 ASC beta, then left alot behind to clean up. Then I had to uninstall the V6 beta (no problem there but I shouldn't have to install V6 beta in order to uninstall ASCU:shock:)

Did you have any difficulties deleting the folder afterwards?

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

EDIT by Mel: I uninstalled all Iobit apps, and removed the remnants that remained. ASCU should remove its fingers from the other Iobit softwares! The shared service thing must be stopped for ASCU to work:shock:.

Brilliant minds must think alike since that is exactly what I was thinking about the removal of ASCU Beta.

So I cheated:smile:

This is what I did on three computers and it worked fine on all three without any glichs along the way. Although I would not recommend that anyone else follow these steps except for the brave and fearless computer geeks. Even there I assume no responsibility for the outcome.

1. Opened "Search Everything"

2. Searched for "Advanced System"

3. From within "Search Everything" I deleted all the Folders (which also deleted all the folders and files under it in the directory tree) that begain with "Adavanced System" except those that said "Advanced SystemCare Ulitmate" There were two of those folders.

4. Ran CCleaner to cleaner up Files and Registry

5. Restarted my computer

6. Reinstalled ASCU Beta 1

7. Updated the malware defintions within ASCU Beta 1

8. Entered by license. No problem here at all

9. Entered my personal settings

10. Ran a Quick Scan

11. Closed the GUI to the Task Bar

Sometimes with regard to computers you can get "dumb lucky" when you try an off the wall idea.:lol: The thrill of those moments outweigh the disasters you get as a result. I know because I have experienced a bunch of both:lol:

Archived