IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Is Game Booster simply a stand-alone version of the Turbo Boost feature found within Advanced SystemCare?

Hello,

I would love to have a clear and definitive answer to the following question:

Is Game Booster simply a stand-alone version of the Turbo Boost feature found within Advanced SystemCare?

I think I asked this question before, but I don't recall getting a satisfactory answer, so I thought I'd ask again.

On the surface, they both appear to be the exact same thing, so I would like to know what, if anything, the actual differences really are.

Thank you.

Melvin,

Thank you for your reply. I'm still confused, though, as to what the actual differences are. :???:

From the product description for Game Booster: "Game Booster 3 also allows you to tweak your system for top PC performance. By temporarily shutting background processes and unnecessary Windows services, cleaning RAM, and intensifying processor performance, Game Booster 3 concentrates every little system resource for gaming only."

Okay, let's take a look at some of the above statements and analyze them:

"By temporarily shutting [down] background processes and unnecessary Windows services . . . "

Okay, that's exactly what Turbo Boost does, especially when Turbo Boost is used in its game mode, so I don't see any difference between the two in this regard. (If there is, please explain what they are.)

" . . . cleaning RAM, and intensifying processor performance, Game Booster 3 concentrates every little system resource for gaming only."

Okay, so it does appear that Game Booster performs some other things above and beyond what Turbo Boost does — but those other things, i.e., "cleaning RAM and intensifying processor performance" are the exact same things that the Smart RAM and Active Boost features do (which are usually used in conjunction with Turbo Boost since they are turned on by default).

So, yeah, you are right. Game Booster is not just a stand-alone version of Turbo Boost, but on the other hand, it doesn't appear to be anything more than the Turbo Boost tool combined with Smart RAM and Active Boost.

Is my assessment correct, or are there still other differences between the two?

Same, same, but different

...I would love to have a clear and definitive answer to the following question:...

This ain't definitive but hopefully it's clear enough

...Is Game Booster simply a stand-alone version of the Turbo Boost feature found within Advanced SystemCare?....

As far as I know the history of Game Booster and Turbo Boost is this.

IObit first developed Game Booster which quickly became popular with gamers, it was steadily improved until it became the number 1 software for gaming.

Other users found Game Booster was also beneficial when doing intensive work like photoshopping, video editing, lots of Word etc. Some suggestions of this can be found on this forum.

It was then just a natural progression to use the Game Booster idea to produce Turbo Boost which is designed for 'everyday use'

...On the surface, they both appear to be the exact same thing, so I would like to know what, if anything, the actual differences really are....

So, "what, if anything, the actual differences really are" I don't know but my reckoning is that Game Booster and the feedback it received was the inspiration for creating Turbo Boost in Advanced SystemCare.

Not the same but related :smile:

All the best, woz of oz

Hi Wozofoz and JohnnySokko

That's right. Iobit developed GameBooster first.

At that time they were into creating an "All-in-one" program in ASC i.e. the toolbox was added to ASC and the active boost and the turbo boost which they developed into a work oriented turbo boost and a game oriented turbo boost.

I think the best way to assess the applications is to try them out, the assessing from advertising descriptions is not the best way.

Open the settings in Turbo boost and then compare them to the possibilities in GameBooster.

GameBooster was previously also by many used as work oriented boost - they just had to work out which applications to close down to achieve the result they wanted. Hence the work / game options in the later TurboBoost.

Active boost developed from the RAM optimizer, I think.

Actually you can do it all by yourself primarily in services but these handy tools from IObit makes it easier.

Cheers

solbjerg

This ain't definitive but hopefully it's clear enough

As far as I know the history of Game Booster and Turbo Boost is this.

IObit first developed Game Booster which quickly became popular with gamers, it was steadily improved until it became the number 1 software for gaming.

Other users found Game Booster was also beneficial when doing intensive work like photoshopping, video editing, lots of Word etc. Some suggestions of this can be found on this forum.

It was then just a natural progression to use the Game Booster idea to produce Turbo Boost which is designed for 'everyday use'

So, "what, if anything, the actual differences really are" I don't know but my reckoning is that Game Booster and the feedback it received was the inspiration for creating Turbo Boost in Advanced SystemCare.

Not the same but related :smile:

All the best, woz of oz

Archived