IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

More Start buttons for Start Menu 8

Cicely

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

When I right click on the sart menu icon the Customize User Interface link isn't there anybody know where it is. Ive created my own southern flag icons and cant seem to put them where they need to go. Ive copied to the start menu icon folder after ive made sure that they are the right size. Please email the answer to me if you have it . thanks

Hi jim46787,

Welcome to IObit Forum!

Sorry for the inconvenience. There is no Customize User Interface in the current new version of Start Menu 8.We'll update the guide in the first post. Please follow the steps below to make your own start buttons :

1. The name of the start button should be named as follows:

xxx_click.png

xxx_hover.png

xxx_normal.png

Please note: "xxx" means you can rename it as whatever you want.

2. The size of your start button is 54*40.

3. You should make a suit of start button. That is to say you should make xxx_click.png, xxx_hover.png and xxx_normal.png at the same time. Then put them all under the folder StartButtonSkin.

StartButtonSkin folder is under the installation directory of Start Menu 8.

The installation directory: C:\Program Files (x86)\IObit\Start Menu 8 or C:\Program Files\IObit\Start Menu 8

4. Right click your current Start button >>choose Settings>>click Start Button on the left>>choose your newly added Start button>>click Apply.

Cheers!:-)

• 1 month later...

For Windows 10 users: the actual button size is 48 * 40, but if you create them as such, the image it will be placed a few pixels offset to the right. To resolve that, I've created a 48 * 40 size image and attached a fully transparent 6 * 40 box on the right. The resulting image is properly placed, at least if you do not use the small icons mode of the taskbar. The only drawback is that in the small icons mode of the taskbar, the resized image is again placed a few pixels offset to the right...

If you want to recreate the semi-transparent Windows 10 behaviour, set the background color (in the 48 * 40 area) white, with the alpha channel set to 24 (on a scale of 255; on the background only!).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi all,

I just joined & have an issue with the newest version (2.4.0.1) of Start Menu 8 that I need some help with.

It seems the newest version doesn't recognize the StartMenuSkin folder. I updated from the previous version & now my custom icon buttons no longer show up to choose from. They worked fine with the previous version. And I confirmed that they're still there in the folder. I also rebooted after the update. My installation folder is: C:\Program Files (x86)\IObit\Start Menu 8.

My laptop runs Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit.

Any ideas?

Hi drums4life,

The installation folder and NAME of the folder is changed, please uninstall Start Menu 8 completely and reinstall the latest version to it's default folder :

C:\Program Files (x86)\IObit\Classic Start

You can copy your old button images prior to uninstall and put them in the new folder.

Cheers

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...