IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Game Booster Automatically Activates When Steam Is Opened

As it says in the title, Game Booster activates whenever I click the icon for steam in my taskbar. I just got it today, and it automatically activates for games I launch through steam fine, but gets annoying when I go to check out steam and Game Booster shuts down winamp and a number of other things. Is there any way I can add an exception for Steam.exe or something like that, or can I set it to be fully manual? How do I do either?

Hi Talon19892,

Please follow the instructions below to see how it works.

Load GB -> click the icon on the top right of the screen -> click Settings -> uncheck Switch to gaming mode when steam game is launched -> click Apply and OK.

Thanks in advance.

Steam makes special shortcuts.

Try right clicking on the game EXE from Steam, then create desktop shortcut. Then drag it to Gamebox.

You cannot drag the game EXE to Gamebot. There are launch perimeters that the are needed in the shortcut to make it work.

BTW, I mostly play Steam games. Since Steam has it's own launch interface, I don't use Gamebox.

I simply launch GB3, then I launch my games from Steam. When I'm done playing, I revert GB3 back.

Talon19892,

For example, Here is a proper shoutcut to Left 4 Dead 2. "steam://rungameid/550" Steam references the game as "550". A normal non Steam shortcut would look something like this: "\Steam\steamapps\common\left 4 dead 2\left4dead2\Left4dead2.exe"

The first example will work in Gamebox, the second will not.

Melvin_Deal

My most recent comments about Razer GB are in the thread I posted below this one.

I'm not real happy with it. I like GB3.5 Beta better. The Razer version seems stripped down missing functions that were important to me. They also do not have a forum so there is no feedback about recommendations. You can send comments but nothing is posted to read and no one responds.

I like it much better here.

Archived