IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

ASC 6 appears to run slow after upgrade from V5 - [SOLVED]

GregH

Hi, After upgrading to Advance System Care 6 (Pro) the application (ASC6) now "appears" to runs slow as it takes the screens a very long time to load, change or update. I tried un-installing and reinstalling it but so far nothing substantial has changed.

The video doesn't seem to be keeping up, vrs V5 which worked fine, with what's happening within the running ASC6. For example I just fired it up in Expert screen and that screen showed all the tasks for 2-3 seconds then it all goes black (See attachment ACS6.jpg). Note that as I run my cursor over the black areas the links are not visible but are clickable as the cursor goes from a pointer to a hand as I move over them.

I then clicked on Expert to Simplified mode, off the screen, and back onto the black area, kind of forcing a screen update, and I then see it as in Attachment ACS6-2.jpg (Normal). If I then click on the SCAN button it acts like nothing is happening but in the background it's running 50+% of the CPU but it's not updating the screen.

"Eventually", it will show the results, if I click on and off the screen, at which I can click repair and wait again until it's done. My second machine running pro V6 seems to be ok. Both machines are running XP/SP3 with all the updates. Unfortuately for me the one that's not working well is the primary machine.

Any suggestions would be helpful, Greg

There is no malware nor virus that I can detect. I saw something similar back when the defrag V2 came out.

Hi Greg

It works ok by me!

Therefore I will suggest that you uninstall completely the earlier versions that you may still have some remnants of and do the same with version 6 to obtain a Clean Install. Then when you have checked that all remnants are gone - then try installing ASC6 again from a fresh download.

This course of action necessitates that you have access to your pro licence information (password) and that you configure your settings anew - also possible items in your ignore list.

Good luck

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi, After upgrading to Advance System Care 6 (Pro) the application (ASC6) now "appears" to runs slow as it takes the screens a very long time to load, change or update. I tried un-installing and reinstalling it but so far nothing substantial has changed.

The video doesn't seem to be keeping up, vrs V5 which worked fine, with what's happening within the running ASC6. For example I just fired it up in Expert screen and that screen showed all the tasks for 2-3 seconds then it all goes black (See attachment ACS6.jpg). Note that as I run my cursor over the black areas the links are not visible but are clickable as the cursor goes from a pointer to a hand as I move over them.

I then clicked on Expert to Simplified mode, off the screen, and back onto the black area, kind of forcing a screen update, and I then see it as in Attachment ACS6-2.jpg (Normal). If I then click on the SCAN button it acts like nothing is happening but in the background it's running 50+% of the CPU but it's not updating the screen.

"Eventually", it will show the results, if I click on and off the screen, at which I can click repair and wait again until it's done. My second machine running pro V6 seems to be ok. Both machines are running XP/SP3 with all the updates. Unfortuately for me the one that's not working well is the primary machine.

Any suggestions would be helpful, Greg

There is no malware nor virus that I can detect. I saw something similar back when the defrag V2 came out.

Done a Reinstall

Hi, I have the Pro 3-PC licence keys if that what you mean by passwords. I've done a windows un-install of V6 and reinstalled via a download of V6; rebooting in between.

So I guess I have to ask what do you mean by a "clean" install?

EDIT : Please see solbjerg's signature : Clean Install concept Clean Install

Almost worked

I caught your link to a clean install.

I printed it out and performed:

• Exit Iobit and then uninstalled Iobit (I used windows uninstall).
  • Ran BitRemover.exe (note turn off Norton 360 as it removes that exe)
  • I Set the explorer viewer to see hiden files.
  • Deleted "Documents and settings" / "Applicaitons Data" folders for Iobit
  • Deleted "C:\Program Files" folder Iobit
  • Updated and ran registry cleaner (CCleaner.exe; latest version)
  • Rebooted
  • Download and ran, a second time, a new ASC V6 install (Just in case the first I downloaded was corrupt; both were the same size)
  • Rebooted

Upon the reboot I did, as noted, have to put the Pro Lic Key back in.

(Very Happy to see it took it)

Results:

It came up looking and feeling a bit better, say 50% but far from perfect. That is to say it still does the same behavior but the screen is better to the point I can "guess" when it is doing something. I can also refresh the screen (min then restore the window) and "most" of the time it forces a new screen refresh. Progress bars are still static ie. not showing any progress. It's more like (when using the min and restore the screen) seeing what should be 10 screen shots one at a time but only when forced.

Further suggestions please:!:

Hi GregH

Do you run it with Boost activated in game mode?

Main.ini can be found here:

C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\IObit\Advanced SystemCare V6 - main.ini

Below is my konfiguration:

[HistoryInfo]

LastVersion=Unknown

[Main]

ProWizardShow=1

InstallDateTime=10/24/2012 10:56:26

ShowGuideSimp=0

SysOptType=1

NetOptType=1

SaveLog=1

ShowGuideExp=0

LastScan=10-28-2012 15:37

SmartMode=1

AutoRepair=0

SmartModules=63

AdvancedModules=2047

Language=English

Transparency=8

Skin=white

MinToTray=1

Startup=1

EnablePM=0

[installInfo]

Flag=0

[Malware Scan]

IsSkipFile=0

SkipFile=0

Priority=1

RemoveToRecyclebin=0

UseDeepMalwareScan=0

[Privacy Sweep]

Secure Deletion=0

0_IE - Typed URLs=1

0_IE - Cookies=0

0_IE - History=1

0_IE - Index Data File=0

0_IE - Auto Fill Form=0

0_IE - Auto Fill Password=0

1_FF - Internet Cache=1

1_FF - History=1

1_FF - Download History=1

1_FF - Cookies=0

1_FF - Saved Form Information=0

1_FF - Saved Passwords=0

1_FF - Session=1

1_FF - Compact Databases=0

6_Adobe Reader 10.0=1

6_Adobe Acrobat 9.0=1

6_Adobe Acrobat 10.0=1

6_Office XP=1

6_Office 2003=1

6_Office 2007=1

6_MS Search Helper Extension=1

6_MS Office Picture Manager=1

7_Google Toolbar IE=1

7_Windows Live Messenger=1

7_Skype=1

7_Sun Java=0

8_Windows Media Player=1

8_Quicktime Player=1

8_Quicktime Player Cache=1

8_Adobe Flash Player=1

8_Macromedia Shockwave 10=1

8_Macromedia Shockwave 11=1

8_Microsoft Silverlight=1

8_Media Player Classic=1

8_Windows Movie Maker=1

5_MS Management Console=1

5_MS Wordpad=1

5_MS Paint=1

5_RecentDocument=1

5_StartMenuRunHistory=1

5_MS AntiMalware=0

9_7-Zip=1

9_AVG AntiVirus 9.0=1

9_Notepad++=0

9_MS Security Client=0

[Disk Defrag]

DefragDrive=C:

Optimization=0

SkipHugeFile=0

Rate=1

SkipSSD=1

[browserProtection]

Enabled=1

[ActiveBoost]

Enable=0

[Restore]

Count=0

[Notification]

MinimizeNotification=0

SweepBrowserNotification=1

AutoCareNotification=1

AutoSweepNotification=1

AutoUpdateNotification=1

Transparency=0

DisplayTime=5

[Deep RegistryOpt]

LastTime=10/28/2012 15:21:24

[Report]

Registry Fixed=37

Privacy Erased=127

Junk Files Cleaned=171405186

InternetBoost=30

Shortcuts Fixed=6

Optimizations Performed=5

[RegistryDefrag]

Lastupdate=10/24/2012 11:18:22

[FixDateTime]

LastFix=41210,6556040162

[ContextMenu]

File Undelete=1

File Shredder=1

Fix Shortcut=1

Sweep Privacy=1

System Control=1

System Information=1

Repair Disk=1

Clean Disk=1

Defrag Disk=1

Space Analysis=1

Open File Location=1

[MonitorPosition]

ShowType=0

Left=604

Top=346

Please compare to your own and report found differences.

Cheers

solbjerg

I caught your link to a clean install.

I printed it out and performed:

• Exit Iobit and then uninstalled Iobit (I used windows uninstall).
  • Ran BitRemover.exe (note turn off Norton 360 as it removes that exe)
  • I Set the explorer viewer to see hiden files.
  • Deleted "Documents and settings" / "Applicaitons Data" folders for Iobit
  • Deleted "C:\Program Files" folder Iobit
  • Updated and ran registry cleaner (CCleaner.exe; latest version)
  • Rebooted
  • Download and ran, a second time, a new ASC V6 install (Just in case the first I downloaded was corrupt; both were the same size)
  • Rebooted

Upon the reboot I did, as noted, have to put the Pro Lic Key back in.

(Very Happy to see it took it)

Results:

It came up looking and feeling a bit better, say 50% but far from perfect. That is to say it still does the same behavior but the screen is better to the point I can "guess" when it is doing something. I can also refresh the screen (min then restore the window) and "most" of the time it forces a new screen refresh. Progress bars are still static ie. not showing any progress. It's more like (when using the min and restore the screen) seeing what should be 10 screen shots one at a time but only when forced.

Further suggestions please:!:

SP3 and Main.ini

Hi, Sorry I have SP3, typo.

Solbjerg, No I don't have gamer on but I did try your Main.ini and it didn't make any difference. I've attached a PDF showing the differences just in case.

It "seems" to have more to do with the ASC program and it's interrupts with the OS. The program is working just fine it's just not updating the screens to show me any progress. I can guess, time wise that is, and force a Screen refresh at which I can see a snap shot as to what happened. When I guess that it's done I do a screen refresh again and, if so, hit the repair button. It fixes any issues and I do a screen refresh again and if it's done I exit.

Thanks Greg

• 2 weeks later...

This is very similar to an issue I am having. Although ASC 6 works, the view is frozen. I can refresh the view my minimizing and expanding at which time the view will "catch up". In other words there is no "active" viewing of the scanning process. I have to continually minimize and maximize to have the view catch up to what is actually happening.

I have uninstalled, and reinstalled without success.

Please advise.

Hi Simpleuser

In both your case and in Greg's I would try a "Clean Install"

(Concept explained by a link in my signature)

Cheers

solbjerg

This is very similar to an issue I am having. Although ASC 6 works, the view is frozen. I can refresh the view my minimizing and expanding at which time the view will "catch up". In other words there is no "active" viewing of the scanning process. I have to continually minimize and maximize to have the view catch up to what is actually happening.

I have uninstalled, and reinstalled without success.

Please advise.

Hi Simpleuser,

Our engineers work out a demo. Please follow the instructions below to run the demo.

1. Exit ASC v6.

2. Download the demo at http://wikisend.com/download/444846/ASC_Demo_1115.exe.

3. Put ASC_Demo_1115.exe into the program installation folder of v6. To open the installation folder, please right click on the ASC v6 icon on desktop and then select Open File Folder.

4. Double click on the ASC_Demo_1115.exe to see how it works.

Thanks a lot.

• 1 month later...

New ASC6.0.8.182 version

Thanks Cicely - That solution worked for me so far. Interface is responsive again & I can see scanning progress. You should post this fix in a visable spot as I think quite a few users are having the same problem.

Archived