IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

ASC V.6 Freezes XP. Can I go back to v.5?

tobaccoblender

We are very sorry for the inconvenience. Please kindly follow the steps below to help us look into it.

1) Please right click on Advanced SystemCare icon in the system tray to exit your running Advanced SystemCare.

2) Download our demo from http://wikisend.com/download/900728/ASC_Demo.exe.

3) Put ASC_Demo.exe into the program installation folder of v6. To open the installation folder, please right click on the ASC v6 icon on desktop and then select Open File Folder.

4) Double click on the ASC_Demo.exe to run it. If it is in the Simplified Mode, please click on the Smart Scan button and Simplified Mode button on the top of the main interface to switch to Expert Mode to see how it works. If it is in the Expert Mode, please click on the text Care, Toolbox, Turbo Boost and Scan button under Care to see how it works. (Note: Please just double click on the ASC_Demo.exe to run it instead of clicking on the shortcut of ASC. It's very important.)

5) If problem remains, please find and zip the ASCFeedback folder which is generated under the installation folder of v6. Then send the zipped file to us for further check.

Thanks in advance!

OK I did as you suggested. I just sent off the e-mail for your company to check into this problem. Thanks Cicely.

ASC6 Pro v6.0.8.170 still Hangs/Freezes my XP Laptop

ASC6 Pro v6.0.8.170 still Hangs/Freezes my XP Laptop

I am back, I uninstalled the former ASC6 Pro, did clean install of the new download, the app works slightly better, but still no good. It acts like its trying to work in the background. I opened the Task Manager at the same time that I clicked on scan, the graphic will not hardly respond, it finally went to the scan screen, but the graphic on the screen appears to do nothing. The task manager said my the ASC6.exe was using 97% to 99% of my CPU most of the time, and that the ASC6.exe was using up to 47.000KB of Memory at some times. So there was somehting going on, but it doesnt show on the screen.

I am again going to have to uninstall it and reinstall ASC5 pro again. I know my system will work OK with the ASC5 Pro.

There is a definite issue with this ASC6 app that needs to be resolved. I am a paying customer and this ought to work.

My Computer:

2006 Sony VAIO VGN-AX580G 17" Screen

Win XP v5.1 Build 2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.120821-1629 : SP3

CPU Intel® Pentium® M Processor

CPU Clock Speed 2GHZ

System Memory 2,095,216KB

Cache Memory 2MB

HD 80GB

What say you IObit?

Same problem for me

Hi, everybody, good evening from Spain, first post here.

I'm experiencing the same above related problems when using ASC6 Pro in my desktop, which is running under Windows XP SP3 and probably a bit short of RAM with only 2MB (yeah, I know it's not the latest technology...). I've tried the clean uninstall and reinstallation of the newest version 6.0.8.170, to no avail. The same problems remain. I will revert to the previous 5 version, which was OK for me.

I am a bit dissapointed with it. HOWEVER, I have to say that I also have a laptop running under Windows 7 and 4 MB of RAM and ASC6 works PERFECTLY.

Dear techies, do you think this will be solved? If yes, how will we be informed.

Thank you very much for your help.:wink:

Hi porsan

Welcome to the forum!

Could you please attach the contents of the file main.ini

Usual address: C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\IObit\Advanced SystemCare V6 to your next post to allow us to view your settings.

Cheers

solbjerg

I'm experiencing the same above related problems when using ASC6 Pro in my desktop, which is running under Windows XP SP3 and probably a bit short of RAM with only 2MB (yeah, I know it's not the latest technology...). I've tried the clean uninstall and reinstallation of the newest version 6.0.8.170, to no avail. The same problems remain. I will revert to the previous 5 version, which was OK for me.

I am a bit dissapointed with it. HOWEVER, I have to say that I also have a laptop running under Windows 7 and 4 MB of RAM and ASC6 works PERFECTLY.

Dear techies, do you think this will be solved? If yes, how will we be informed.

Hi porsan...another welcome here to the iobit forums!

You may have already solved it within the content of your original post. You should be glad... it is not logical that there would be gains by running 6 on the XP SP3 machine. The modifications being made to ASC in the newer versions are aimed toward the newer platforms... not at XP (those gains would have been available in earlier versions). It is not logical to run ver.6 (even though stated compatable) on your system. It is more logical to run an earlier version that is more tailored for that machine.;-) Reverting back to the last known version is a good idea in your case. (BTW at some point in time you had your hands inside that machine and maxed its RAM slots... cudos!)

Calling all trekkies... I mean techies: "Dear techies, do you think this will be solved? If yes, how will we be informed."

Beam me up or down.:-)

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

P.S. Betcha I get some flak on this post.

EDIT: Yes Mel, you know which part you expect the flak, both ASC6 and ASCU6 are totally compatible with XP sp3 and running flawlessly in my 2 laptops.

EDIT: Thanks Enoskype for the flak as well as the information concerning the laptops. :)

Hi e.d.,

Regarding the issue you reported, I have PMed you a message with the detailed information. Please check your inbox in time. :mrgreen:

Hi porsan,

Would you please kindly reinstall v6 on your Windows XP SP3 to see how it works?

If the problem remains, please let us know the details. We will try our best to help you out of problem.

Thanks.

Hi porsan

Welcome to the forum!

Usual address: C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\IObit\Advanced SystemCare V6 to your next post to allow us to view your settings.

Cheers

solbjerg

Here you have it.

I changed it from main.ini to main.txt, I think main.ini was not possibe to upload.

The file corresponds to my last installation, after a clean uninstall.:smile:

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Hi porsan

Welcome to the forum!

Cheers

solbjerg

I am having the same problem. I did a clean install and followed all your posted instructions and still the program does not respond when I open it. It seems like its freezing. It won't even change over to tools or anything. My computer info is in my profile if you need it.

EDIT: Your exact Windows OS and security softwares please!

As Enoskype says?

This is what is listed in your member CP... A noble attempt but you must include the basic information as well.:-)

<dl id="additionalinfo_list"><dt class="smallfont">OS + Computer Details:</dt><dd class="smallfont">Processor Name: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4600+

BIOS Name: )Phoenix - Award WorkstationBIOS v6.00PG

Video card Name: NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GS

Installed Programs

Name Value Advanced

Number of Installed Programs: 315

Number of Running Processes: 81

Internet Explorer Version: 8.0.6001.18702

DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

.NET Framework Version: 4

MS Office Version: 14.0.6126.5003

CPU Properties

Name Value Advanced

Physical Processors: 1

Logical Processors: 2

Name: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4600+

Description: x86 Family 15 Model 43 Stepping 1

Manufacturer: AuthenticAMD

Frequency: 2490 MHz

NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GS

Name Value Advanced

Adapter Name: GeForce 7300 GS

Chipset Name: NVIDIA GeForce 7</dd></dl>

Sincerely,

-Mel

live long and prosper~

hi msmorgan69,

We have worked out the solution. Please follow the step below to embed the fixed ASC.exe file.

1) Please right click on Advanced SystemCare icon in the system tray to exit your running Advanced SystemCare.

2) Download the fixed ASC.exe from here.

3) Put ASC.exe into the program installation folder of v6. To open the installation folder, please right click on the ASC v6 icon on desktop and then select Open File Folder.

Thanks in advance.

I am having the same problem. I did a clean install and followed all your posted instructions and still the program does not respond when I open it. It seems like its freezing. It won't even change over to tools or anything. My computer info is in my profile if you need it.

EDIT: Your exact Windows OS and security softwares please!

• 1 month later...

This version did in fact solve the problem on XP for me. After this I then renewed my Pro license and then accepted the new version ( 6.0.8.181). The problem has now returned for XP (hangs and is unresponsive). How do I download the Pro version without the defect? Also, when will the new version be posted so customers know which version (and date) works correctly with XP? This is bothersome, especially for paying customers.

blm

It is very strange that ASC would have a problem only after you renewed your pro licence. Did you run a scan and repair after you upgraded to Pro. Please remember that the Pro version makes additional functions available and so you must check your settings to ensure that they are set to suit your requirements.

It is quite possible that one of the Pro functions may have caused an issue. I recommend that you check your settings for Registry fix and see if Deep Clean is enabled (ticked). If it is, disable it (untick it) also check your auto clean and auto care and system optimization settings, as these are Pro functions and would become active once you upgrade.

Hi blm,

We are sorry to hear that.

Please clarify your ASC version for we do not have version 6.0.8.181.

Please find Log folder in %appdata%\IObit\Advanced SystemCare v6 and send it us for further check.

Here are the instructions for finding Log folder:

1. Open My Computer on desktop

2. Input %appdata%\IObit\Advanced SystemCare V6 at the address bar and then press Enter.

Thank you in advance.

Archived