IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

At This Point I Am Going To Report "Avastemupdate.exe" as a FP

C:\Program files\Avast software\Avast\Avastemupdate.exe Gen:Variant.Zusy.22497 Quarantine on reboot

Was identified as a Trojan by ASCU, but clean in IMF and clean in IObit Cloud.

"Avastemupdate.exe" is in the proper location, digitally signed by avast! and is their emergency update program for avast! AIS 7

Hi Buddahfan,

Can you upload the file (Avastemupdate.exe) to http://www.wikisend.com and give us the download link, then we can further investigate it.

We are looking forward to your reply.

THANKS!

File is uploaded it

Try this download link: http://www.wikisend.com/download/961920/

I also zipped it and sent it IObit Support. The zipped file is "AvastEmUpdate.7z" It's size is 119KB.

I just attached it to an email which I sent it to IObit support your attention.

Let me know if you get it or not. Thanks

Hi Cicely,

Please see AvastEmUpdate.exe Identified By 4 AV Programs As Containing/Being a Backdoor Trojan thread.

Buddahfan has opened this FP thread despite the fact that it has been flagged by VirusTotal and that the VirusTotal analysis report has already been given in the starter post of the above thread. (Although now it is Oct. 31, 2012, the original report was dated Oct. 29, 2012,)

So, please let the RD testing engineers investigate with other means including contacting BitDefender, if that file is a third party real malware or a file part of Avast. (Be it a malware or not.)

Thank you and cheers.

Archived