IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

New virus downloader maybe?

cmjf0013

I will keep this short, if MORE information is needed as to why I believe this, I'll elaborate more. I believe the following browser and and browser add ons may be either viruses, or virus downloaders.

Babylon browser

Babylon translator

Babylon search

and then there is 1clickdownloader, and ILIVID. they seem to be a virus as well, or virus related.

PS: babylon forced itself on my computer, I have the tool bar, I can't get it off, But 1click downloader Is suspisious to me as well, these are just my thoughts, well, beliefs, I honestly think somethings fishy here, and not cause my last names Fischer 8-):lol:

Any thoughts or experience with any of these? as these are not active threats to me, this is just informational, and If you think the same thing, your thoughts would be nice, thanks guys and keep it safe!

Hey cmjf0013

You Probably downloaded some free software that included the Babylon Toolbar and search Engine, anyway it is easy to remove , you can see how to Remove it via the Follow Link :

http://www.babylon.com/uninstall_search/index

You can Also follow these instructions :

Go to Control Panel, click Programs (software).

Uninstall "Browser Manager" + "Bprotector" + "Object Installer" + "Babylon Toolbar on IE"

Then depending on which browser you use , follow the relevant steps:

----------------------Firefox ---------------------------

> Open a new Firefox window (website)

> Go to Tools> Options> and go to change your order, the Home. ( f.e http://www.google.de) and click OK.

> Remove the search engine of Babylon by clicking the small arrow next to the icon of Babylon

> Manage Search Engines

> select Babylon and Remove

> Close Firefox and open again

> write in the address Bar "about:config " and click Enter

> Write in the search engine "Babylon."

> Click on any 'Babylon' preferences with the right mouse button and select "Reset"

In the following video you can see how to change TAB URL :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yPX-ZJ5fQc&feature=related

----------------------------- Chrome -------------------------------------

1. Open Google Chrome, click on the "Customize and control Google Chrome " icon by the right side of the address bar; click on Settings:

choose the option "Open a particular page or set of pages."

Click "Set Pages" on page Babylon and delete from the list.

To change the search engine in Google Chrome, please follow the instructions below:

Open Google Chrome on the "wrench" icon on the right side of the address bar, click:

Settings> Under "Search", click "Manage Search Engines ...".

If you see "Babylon Search" as a standard (default), select please another search engine as the default from (Google, Bing, etc.). Only then will you Babylon You can remove by clicking the little 'X'.

--------------------------------- Internet Explorer (IE) ------------ -------

Open your Internet Explorer browser, click on "Tools", then "Internet Options" and in the section "Tabs" click on "Settings". It will open a new window, on the option "When a new tab is opened, open:" in the drop-down menu please choose "Your first homepage". Then click OK, Apply and OK.

Cheers

Babylon Support

Hey cmjf0013

You Probably downloaded some free software that included the Babylon Toolbar and search Engine, anyway it is easy to remove , you can see how to Remove it via the Follow Link :

http://www.babylon.com/uninstall_search/index

You can Also follow these instructions :

Go to Control Panel, click Programs (software).

Uninstall "Browser Manager" + "Bprotector" + "Object Installer" + "Babylon Toolbar on IE"

Then depending on which browser you use , follow the relevant steps:

----------------------Firefox ---------------------------

> Open a new Firefox window (website)

> Go to Tools> Options> and go to change your order, the Home. ( f.e http://www.google.de) and click OK.

> Remove the search engine of Babylon by clicking the small arrow next to the icon of Babylon

> Manage Search Engines

> select Babylon and Remove

> Close Firefox and open again

> write in the address Bar "about:config " and click Enter

> Write in the search engine "Babylon."

> Click on any 'Babylon' preferences with the right mouse button and select "Reset"

In the following video you can see how to change TAB URL :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yPX-ZJ5fQc&feature=related

----------------------------- Chrome -------------------------------------

1. Open Google Chrome, click on the "Customize and control Google Chrome " icon by the right side of the address bar; click on Settings:

choose the option "Open a particular page or set of pages."

Click "Set Pages" on page Babylon and delete from the list.

To change the search engine in Google Chrome, please follow the instructions below:

Open Google Chrome on the "wrench" icon on the right side of the address bar, click:

Settings> Under "Search", click "Manage Search Engines ...".

If you see "Babylon Search" as a standard (default), select please another search engine as the default from (Google, Bing, etc.). Only then will you Babylon You can remove by clicking the little 'X'.

--------------------------------- Internet Explorer (IE) ------------ -------

Open your Internet Explorer browser, click on "Tools", then "Internet Options" and in the section "Tabs" click on "Settings". It will open a new window, on the option "When a new tab is opened, open:" in the drop-down menu please choose "Your first homepage". Then click OK, Apply and OK.

Cheers

Babylon Support

thank you, I don't want you guys to think I'm trash talking, I like the translator, but Is it possible that parts of the browser is compromised? Some things that worried me is when they installed on my computer, it would pop up the homepage, and then I litterally had 43 new pages open, I hope yall can figure it out, Babylon search engine was really good, I prefered it to google actually, but that scared me, Thats one of several instances I encountered.

Thanks for replying btw, I'll do that now. ps, if its not compromised, I'll certantly keep the tool bar, It comes up with more links than google.

cmjf0013

Thank you for your Kind Support

we will explore that, that is not a regular that it opens 43 new pages,

The Babylon Search is a Google syndicated search page. All queries performed on isearch.babylon.com fetches results directly from Google API, making it similar to getting results from http://www.google.com .

The site's content is both adult and child friendly.

The website does not contain excessive advertising or spam, and does not provide unwanted installations.

On the contrary, it provides users with the added benefit of text translation along with their search queries

Cheers,

Babylon Support

yea, when it did that, I freaked, when it stopped, the only reason I was able to keep track of it was because I counted them as I closed them, it was bad.

When yall come up with the results, is there somewhere I can find out if its safe to use? Its really effective, Just, that scared me to death.

you know I believe I may keep babylon toolbar, they were kind enough to respond to my post, they were also kind enough to check into this odd occurce, also, melvin_deal, I believe I sad I hope you had a happy easter in my reply in pm, I meant happy easter :mrgreen:

wow, really? I MEAN HALLOWEEN :evil: lol

Archived