IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Gateway laptop won't work. Invalid Partial Table error

JonJones84

It won't turn on, period. I tried to boot the computer and in order to format the harddrive, but that only made things worse and it started beeping loudly like crazy.

When I tried, as a last ditch effort, to reformat the computer's harddrive, the laptop doesn't use a CD to do this btw, it's all software. I used my Dell's operating disk for windows vista that I always use.

However, everything was working fine, but it was taking much longer than usual to load everything and so I shut off my laptop in the process and now it won't even load anymore.

I have no warranty on it and I'm all out of options. I can't afford to buy a new laptop either and don't know what to do.

The most common problem with Laptops is Overheating of the components,

caused by blocked Air-vents to cooling-fan and at CPU-heatsink.

If a component failed, such as Memory-module or Hard-drive,

you may be able to replace it, which would save money and the new drive can always be used in your next computer if you can not get this one to operate properly.

If the failure is on the Motherboard, such as CPU or GPU,

you might as well just use the computer for a Paper-weight. :roll: :lol:

I would first clean it and then replace the Hard-drive, as the first test of the other components.

Then install Windows-7. (Forget about using Vista OS)

The most common problem with Laptops is Overheating of the components,

caused by blocked Air-vents to cooling-fan and at CPU-heatsink.

If a component failed, such as Memory-module or Hard-drive,

you may be able to replace it, which would save money and the new drive can always be used in your next computer if you can not get this one to operate properly.

If the failure is on the Motherboard, such as CPU or GPU,

you might as well just use the computer for a Paper-weight. :roll: :lol:

I would first clean it and then replace the Hard-drive, as the first test of the other components.

Then install Windows-7. (Forget about using Vista OS)

This is the problem, I don't know what it is. lol It could be anything. I got the damn thing to work now, but it keeps restarting every time it loads. It's like it's possessed or something.:lol:

:lol:I know what you mean, :twisted: I have seen a few of those!

I usually use a big Axe or 'drive a Stick through it's Heart'. :lol:

An axe, huh? I simply say that "I'll replace you with an Apple Mac, if you don't start working properly!", and that usually solves all the problems, as if it was a magical intervention.

Archived