IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Systemcare V6 Disaster [Before Clean Install]

pladecalvo

Now you're speaking a foreign language man! "Homepage"??? What the....... ?:shock:

The 'HomePage' is the Website or .html file that is automaticly accessed or loaded

when the Browser is first run.

You select the Homepage file's location in the Browser's settings.

It can be any HTML file, that is on your hard-drive Or on an Internet-server somewhere.

Well, I've installed IE-9 but it doesn't seem to be any faster than Firefox or Chrome.

I've found that IE-9 is Compatible with more new 3rd-party software than FF.

and I've had no need to try Chrome, since I'm Happy with IE-9. :grin:

IE-9 came with Windows-7, so why install other Browsers that we don't need.

I've found that IE-9 is Compatible with more new 3rd-party software than FF.

and I've had no need to try Chrome, since I'm Happy with IE-9. :grin:

IE-9 came with Windows-7, so why install other Browsers that we don't need.

My first 'dislike' is not being able to have the menu bar on display all the time. I know it's possible to do with some dangerous faffing about with the registry but we should be able to choose without all that.

Also, I had an automatic spellcheck on FF which I don't have on IE

The 'HomePage' is the Website or .html file that is automaticly accessed or loaded

when the Browser is first run.

You select the Homepage file's location in the Browser's settings.

It can be any HTML file, that is on your hard-drive Or on an Internet-server somewhere.

Like I said...you're speaking a foreign language! :smile:

Can anyone tell me a something about 'Turbo Boost' on ASC6?? I'm a bit wary of it as every time I switched it on in the past, I had to do a 'System Restore'.

I've read that 'Turbo-boost' temporarily disables some processes and system-service programs,

that have usually loaded at boot-up and are running in background,

since ASC considers those processes to be un-necessary use of system-resources.

So you do Not want it to disable anything you will Need. :wink:

If you have a fast computer, it's really not needed,

but some older, slower systems can gain some speed, if you are careful.

In the setup you can select processes and services you want to disable, so you need to know what they do before disabling them.

Can anyone tell me a something about 'Turbo Boost' on ASC6?? I'm a bit wary of it as every time I switched it on in the past, I had to do a 'System Restore'.

Hi pladecalvo,

Do you mean every time you run Turbo Boost of v6, you had to do a System Restore? Would you please kindly let us know more details about this issue so that we can help you?

Thanks.

I've read that 'Turbo-boost' temporarily disables some processes and system-service programs,

that have usually loaded at boot-up and are running in background,

since ASC considers those processes to be un-necessary use of system-resources.

So you do Not want it to disable anything you will Need. :wink:

If you have a fast computer, it's really not needed,

but some older, slower systems can gain some speed, if you are careful.

In the setup you can select processes and services you want to disable, so you need to know what they do before disabling them.

That seems like a toy for the geeks. I'll leave it!! :lol:

Another thing old chap. In the Settings > System Optimization, there is a 'Computer Optimization' and 'Network Optimization'. 'Computer Optimization' I understand but what is meant by 'Network Optimization'?

Sorry to be a dork but technological advances rather passed me by!!! :mrgreen:

Hi pladecalvo,

Do you mean every time you run Turbo Boost of v6, you had to do a System Restore? Would you please kindly let us know more details about this issue so that we can help you?

Thanks.

HI Cicely, I haven't run it on V6 (I've had enough problems with V6 without adding to them by risking 'turbo') but I tried it a few times on V5 and it resulted in the computer freezing every time. I couldn't even turn the computer off other than by pulling the power lead out. When I switched it back on I'd have things like half a screen showing, mouse wouldn't work, no desktop icons...... so I've been very wary of it and haven't used it. If what toppack say is correct and it doesn't have much effect on a fast computer then I'll stay away from it as my computer is reasonably fast.

Archived