IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

My desktop has been changed to an earlier version of windows even though i am running vista!!

thomas12

My desktop has been changed to an earlier version of windows even though i am running vista!! Has anyone else had this problem? I had a virus that was picked up by Security Essentials that attached itself onto Adobe reader, something about debugging, and since then have had this old style of windows on my desktop. Internet Exporer and other browsers are all running exceptionally slow now as a consequence.

I am running the following:

Acer Aspire 7520 GB Version

Vista SP2

2GB ram

32 Bit

Microsoft Security Essentials

Iobit ASC 6, Smart Defrag, Game Booster and Malware Fighter v1.5

I have updated and run all security scans and nothing has turned up since.

Any help or suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Old style desktop? Do you mean Aero isn't working? Maybe your computer was reverted to a previous restore point? I don't think you mean a earlier version of Windows. A screenshot would help.

The first order of business is to remove the virus with a good commercial antivirus program. It might be too late to reverse the damage though.

Archived