IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Outlook 2010 - Right click on task bar

tweets

Hi, All

I'm a long-time user of ASC, and have used it for at least the last 4 years, probably longer... :-D

I love the easy interface, but how extremely effective it is in the many PC's I'm responsible for maintaining (Between mine, my Husband's and my parents, that's a lot! :-) )

However, one thing that has been annoying me for a while is after running the quick clean, or intensive clean, I loose the ability to right-click on my Pinned Outlook 2007 or 2012 icon (I've tried with both) and choose "New message", "New appointment" etc. Those vanish, but these aren't the "recently accessed files" bit, they are part and parcel of the task bar interface with outlook and Windows 7.

I tried searching this forum for it, but could not locate anything, however since I know that the problem affected ASC 5 as well as the (wonderful!) new ASC 6, I wonder exactly what ASC is cleaning that could cause this?

It affects my effectiveness, by doing this, so it would be nice if I could have some pointers as to what to disable in my ASC scans, so that I don't get this problem.

The only way I've found to fix it is to do a repair install of Outlook, but that then also requires ALL of the Windows updates to be subsequently applied. ~Sigh~

Anyway, please let me know if anyone should have any ideas where this problem may originate.

Thank you.

Hi tweets

In the settings please find Privacy Sweep and then Office Application - in that section untick Office 2007 and any other you think you need to keep "uncleaned".

Another way is to go through the "problems" found during a scan and find the "problem" relating to Office 2007 or perhaps to MsOutlook and right click the problem you do not want to "clean" and choose Ignore - before you actually click the button Clean.,

Then it will never be shown again.

Good luck :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi, All

I'm a long-time user of ASC, and have used it for at least the last 4 years, probably longer... :-D

I love the easy interface, but how extremely effective it is in the many PC's I'm responsible for maintaining (Between mine, my Husband's and my parents, that's a lot! :-) )

However, one thing that has been annoying me for a while is after running the quick clean, or intensive clean, I loose the ability to right-click on my Pinned Outlook 2007 or 2012 icon (I've tried with both) and choose "New message", "New appointment" etc. Those vanish, but these aren't the "recently accessed files" bit, they are part and parcel of the task bar interface with outlook and Windows 7.

I tried searching this forum for it, but could not locate anything, however since I know that the problem affected ASC 5 as well as the (wonderful!) new ASC 6, I wonder exactly what ASC is cleaning that could cause this?

It affects my effectiveness, by doing this, so it would be nice if I could have some pointers as to what to disable in my ASC scans, so that I don't get this problem.

The only way I've found to fix it is to do a repair install of Outlook, but that then also requires ALL of the Windows updates to be subsequently applied. ~Sigh~

Anyway, please let me know if anyone should have any ideas where this problem may originate.

Thank you.

Archived