IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

SSD and HD [Recognition problem is solved by Smart Defrag 2.8.0.1210]

trami

Hi trami

The default setting in SD is that it does not defrag Solid State Disks.

Take a look in the settings!

My advice is to refrain from doing it too, it will give you a shorter lifespan of the SSD and it wont matter at-all/much speed-wise.

You ought to be able to use SD on your D:\drive - Have you tried a full chkdsk?

Cheers

solbjerg

Software SmartDefrag 2.6

I replaced my C Drive with an SSD and now Smart Defrag will not work properly.

I Have one HD in D.

Smart Defrag show all disk as SSD and so i can't switch on D Disk to auto defrag.

• 2 weeks later...

You definitely do not want to defrag SSDs:

- The possible performance increase is technical but not perceptible (may have to read more than one block for your file but at SSD speeds, you won't notice)

- SSDs have a limited number of write cycles and defragmenting will use hoops of those

(Dev notice): My SSD shows up in SD and can be manipulated the same as an HDD but that may be because it is in an Intel RAID configuration for SRT caching.

• 2 months later...

Necro

Im gonna revive this because I am having the exact same problem, you have misread his problem being that he is trying to defrag his SSD which is not the case. For some reason SD is occasionally wrongly reporting a non SSD drive as an SSD preventing any defragmentation from taking place.

http://i45.tinypic.com/10fu97m.png

The first drive is an SSD, the second drive are two optical hard disks in a RAID-0 config which previously defragged without issue. Only recent changes to my computer were updating my MBs drivers. I have attempted to reinstall SD 2.7 but it didnt help the issue.

• 2 months later...

Disks identified incorrectly as SSD by Smart Defrag

I have an SDD for my system disk and a Intel RAID 1 volume with 3 partitions on it ( D, E and F Drive). Smart Defrag incorrectly identifies it as SSD (see screenshot). Uninstalling & reinstalling as not changed that behavior.

Hi zion,

Thank you for your feedback.

I have reported the issue to our related programmers. They are working to solve the issue. Once we have progress, I will post here.

If you have any other issues, please feel free to tell us.

Your feedbacks will be our greatest stimulus to work harder to improve our products and service.

Thanks for supporting IObit.

Hi everyone,

Users whose disks have been falsely recognized as SSD, Please download CheckSsdDemo.zip through this link:

http://wikisend.com/download/518068/DiskIdentificationDemo.exe

Please extract the file >> double click CheckSsdDemo.exe in the folder to run >> send us the file checkresult.txt in the same folder via PM, so that we can look into the issue further.

In the meantime, please check whether SD still recognizes your disk as SSD.

We are sorry for all the inconvenience caused by this issue.

• 1 month later...
Hi everyone,

Users whose disks have been falsely recognized as SSD, Please download CheckSsdDemo.zip through this link:

http://wikisend.com/download/518068/DiskIdentificationDemo.exe

Please extract the file >> double click CheckSsdDemo.exe in the folder to run >> send us the file checkresult.txt in the same folder via PM, so that we can look into the issue further.

In the meantime, please check whether SD still recognizes your disk as SSD.

We are sorry for all the inconvenience caused by this issue.

only c drive is ssd all oter drives are external but can not be defraged.

Hi yamahaman,

Thanks for your feedback.

For the issue you mentioned, we have made improvement in Smart Defrag 2.8. And Smart Defrag 2.8 is on the way. It will be released in this month.

Please just try at that time and feel free to tell us your suggestions. ;-)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

For the issue, SD Recognize HDD as SSD, please download the latest Smart Defrag 2.8.0.1210 from http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/iobit_smartdefrag.html

Then, please right click on any disk, then you could be able to choose Recognize this disk as HDD. Pic.1 is attached for your reference.

If any new situation happens, please feel free to tell us.:wink:

Thanks for supporting IObit.

• 2 weeks later...

Smart Defrag 2.0.8.1211 problem not solved

Hi,

The last version still do not recognizes my HD's correctly: all are stamped as SSD while only my system disk is an SSD

I attach the file "result.txt" showing clearly this fact.

A an additional info, here my configuration

System disk: INTEL SSDSC2CT240A4 SCSI Disk Device (SSD)

additional HD's: Seagate ST1000DM ST1000DM003-1CH1 SCSI Disk Device (SATA) and Seagate ST2000DM ST2000DM001-1CH1 SCSI Disk Device (SATA)

For this time I cannot use Smart Defrag as this program considering all my HD's as SSD's.

I use french language.

Hoping this issue will be definitively solved in a coming version.

Regards from France

Flyman (newbie on this forum but not as a customer of Advanced Care System !!!)

Smart Defrag 2.0.8.1211, SSD - HD problem solved

Hi,

The last version still do not recognizes my HD's correctly: all are stamped as SSD while only my system disk is an SSD

I attach the file "result.txt" showing clearly this fact.

A an additional info, here my configuration

System disk: INTEL SSDSC2CT240A4 SCSI Disk Device (SSD)

additional HD's: Seagate ST1000DM ST1000DM003-1CH1 SCSI Disk Device (SATA) and Seagate ST2000DM ST2000DM001-1CH1 SCSI Disk Device (SATA)

For this time I cannot use Smart Defrag as this program considering all my HD's as SSD's.

I use french language.

Hoping this issue will be definitively solved in a coming version.

Regards from France

Flyman (newbie on this forum but not as a customer of Advanced Care System !!!)

Hi everyone....

Reading again the posts of this topic, I found out the medical bag :grin::grin:

I missed applying the procedure mentioned by Cicely in his post of June 24th.

The right clic on each concerned HD allows now the defrag operation of them.

My first message is therefore obsolete.

As we say in France: "do not confuse speed with haste" :lol::lol::lol::lol:

This applies especially to me in this opportunity.

flyman

Hi flyman,

Thanks for your feedback. Your post will lead to others to use the new function of SD to recognize SSD as HDD or recognize HDD as SSD manually. :-D

If your guys have any other confusions, please feel free to tell us.

Bottoms up. :wink:

Archived