IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

freenew.net downloader sucks!

Mars Engine

Can someone please tell me with am I obliged to download the freenew.net downloader to download IObit software? Major disappointment guys!!! Do something about it! That wasn't necessary some time ago... I now have to accept a licence agreement of a third company to get your software? WTF and no way!!! Really pissed off about it.... click here, click there, accept this, do you want this software with that?, press this button, don't press that button.......... OK CANCEL DOWNLOAD AND GOOD RIDDANCE!!!

Hi Mars Engine,

You don't have to use freenew.net to download IObit software.

You can find the download links for all IObit products in News & Offers section of IObit Forum!

Follow the thread titles and you will be able to download the most recent releases of IObit Products. Just search for the icon in front of a thread title concerning the IObit Product you want to download.

Cheers.

Hi Toppack

It was probably freenew.net :-)

I tried it and came through unscathed with the downloaded program.

A lot of sites do have an awful lot of advertising running, so one has to have an eye on every finger to avoid being suckered into something.

That makes me so glad that we have kept this forum free from advertising :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

I'm curious which website you were downloading From ???

Hi Toppack

It was probably freenew.net :-)

Oh Okay, :shock: I thought that was some kind of link website software.

I've never been to that one.

I fact, I've never heard of it before! :oops: :grin:

I guess it's because I'm a 'Program' kinda guy, Not an 'App' guy. :lol:

Hi Toppack

No worries mate :-)

I took a look at a site that had some data about how many browsers were available - there are very very many - but they only for the last couple of years mentioned IE sept.2012(16%), FF(32%, Chrome (44%) Opera a couple of percent I forget the last one but it only had a couple of percent too. Safari (4%)

The rest of the browsers were not listed while only those with more than 0,5% made it to the list.

So I guess that IObit sets the popularity percentage higher than the Iron browser has achieved yet. :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

Oh Okay, :shock: I thought that was some kind of link website software.

I've never been to that one.

I fact, I've never heard of it before! :oops: :grin:

I guess it's because I'm a 'Program' kinda guy, Not an 'App' guy. :lol:

Hi Toppack

No worries mate :-)

I took a look at a site that had some data about how many browsers were available - but they only for the last couple of years mentioned IE sept.2012(16%), FF(32%, Chrome (44%)

Yes, it's only been the last couple of years that IE has got to be as good or better than FF.

Which are only two I've tried, since we are very happy with IE-9

and IE-8 was good and a big improvement over earlier Microsoft browser versions.

Hi Toppack

Yes!

It looks like IE market share has gone up a bit during the last months. FF seems to decline slowly but Chrome is growing fast.

They advertise on the google site!

My standard browser is IE (I can't get the newest version due to my XP OS)

Cheers

solbjerg

Yes, it's only been the last couple of years that IE has got to be as good or better than FF.

Which are only two I've tried, since we are very happy with IE-9

and IE-8 was good and a big improvement over earlier Microsoft browser versions.

Hey people! :-)

I just wanna make clear to you (in any and all friendly manners possible) that:

1. I too came through the freenew.net downloader unscathed, because I'm fabulous too 8-)

2. The frustrating thing is the fact that I cannot directly download the software I want, the IObit Uninstaller in this case, something that was not the case some months ago.

3. Of course I know a million sites that I can download anything I like. The reason I made this post is the fact that IObit has only this download site available in their webpage, so one gathers that it's kind of an official suggestion to use it (or not?)

So the reason of the post is to TELL YOU that MY OPINION IS that one shouldn't have to download two pieces of software (or have to give access to two pieces of software..... or have to run two pieces of software) whether or not at this point of time the one is useful and the second is not, but it is not (the second) malicious either, when only the first is actually needed!!!

My point is that I believe IObit should use a download service, other than freenew.net, which wouldn't require the use of a downloader. It's more than enough to not have a direct download link in one's own webpage and to have to go to another company's webpage to get what you want, but to have to use and give access to a freaking downloader....... that goes a long way.... and the implications of a downloader..... oh, man!!! (So I am a security freak, yes I admit and I'm proud of it :smile:)

And I repeat myself, but I don't mind, when I say that I made this post only for the sake of the fact that this IS the official way to get any software from IObit nowadays!

So, if an admin would be so very nice as to pass this request up up up the kingdom of the everlasting bucket of user demands, I would be so happy that I would turn into jelly and you could spread me on toast and eat me!!! :lol:

Cheers,

Mars Engine

Not exactly what Mars Engine is talking about masterblaster!

Free New.net, although a partner web site, is a server which keeps tons of different softwares from many producers.

I have not used it lately, but I believe this kind of forcing a downloader when you want to download aa file is even used by c|net.

IObit, sometimes having some add-ons in some of it's specially free software setup files to keep them free, is nothing to do with this and IObit liking to include spamware in their programs is not correct.

Please check the Change logs of the latest updates of IMF, SD, etc. from News & Offers section of the forum.

Cheers.

Iobit must generate revenue... thus the link you refer to. As Enoskype and masterblaster stated... you can find the MG link here. If you wish to pay Iobit more than they currently earn by providing the link...(in order to have it removed), I am sure they will listen.

By generously offering effective freewares... and agressively pursuing development... the compromise is made.

It is marketing and business.

The bills have to be paid and profit generated.:wink:

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

Archived