IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Deep Registry Scan: Takes too long

mousegolf

I did decide to uprade to ASC v6 after all.

My main drive is a Solid State Drive (C:Drive) and all unecessary writes to the that drive have been disabled. Previous versions of ASC worked fine on that drive but v6 takes a very long time to complete the deep Registry scan.

Any clues as to why?

I did decide to uprade to ASC v6 after all.

My main drive is a Solid State Drive (C:Drive) and all unecessary writes to the that drive have been disabled. Previous versions of ASC worked fine on that drive but v6 takes a very long time to complete the deep Registry scan.

Any clues as to why?

Hi niceget!

Please describe further "very long time" as this is a very relative explanation. Also please elaborate on your system details within your member CP as they are very limited... Thanks!!

<dt class="smallfont">OS + Computer Details:</dt><dl id="additionalinfo_list"><dd class="smallfont">Windows 7 64 Bit. MSE. ASCPro5</dd></dl><dd>

</dd><dd>

</dd>

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

<dd class="smallfont">

</dd>

Version 6 takes about 3 minutes to scan the Registry. Versio 5.4 takes about 45 seconds.

--------[ AIDA64 Extreme Edition ]--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Version AIDA64 v1.60.1300

Benchmark Module 2.7.345-x64

Homepage http://www.aida64.com/

Report Type Report Wizard

Operating System Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 6.1.7601 (Win7 RTM)

Date 2012-11-09

Time 22:07

--------[ Summary ]-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Computer:

Computer Type ACPI x64-based PC

Operating System Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium

OS Service Pack Service Pack 1

Internet Explorer 9.0.8112.16421

DirectX DirectX 11.0

Date / Time 2012-11-09 / 22:07

Motherboard:

CPU Type QuadCore AMD Phenom II X4 Black Edition 980, 4000 MHz (18.5 x 216)

Motherboard Name Asus M4A88T-V Evo/USB3 (3 PCI, 1 PCI-E x1, 2 PCI-E x16, 4 DDR3 DIMM, Audio, Video, Gigabit LAN, IEEE-1394)

Motherboard Chipset AMD 880G, AMD K10

System Memory 16384 MB (DDR3-1333 DDR3 SDRAM)

DIMM1: Transcend TX2000KLN-8GK 4 GB DDR3-1333 DDR3 SDRAM (8-8-8-22 @ 609 MHz) (7-7-7-20 @ 533 MHz) (6-6-6-17 @ 457 MHz)

DIMM2: Transcend TX2000KLN-8GK 4 GB DDR3-1333 DDR3 SDRAM (8-8-8-22 @ 609 MHz) (7-7-7-20 @ 533 MHz) (6-6-6-17 @ 457 MHz)

DIMM3: Transcend TX2000KLN-8GK 4 GB DDR3-1333 DDR3 SDRAM (8-8-8-22 @ 609 MHz) (7-7-7-20 @ 533 MHz) (6-6-6-17 @ 457 MHz)

DIMM4: Transcend TX2000KLN-8GK 4 GB DDR3-1333 DDR3 SDRAM (8-8-8-22 @ 609 MHz) (7-7-7-20 @ 533 MHz) (6-6-6-17 @ 457 MHz)

BIOS Type AMI (12/15/10)

Communication Port Communications Port (COM1)

Display:

Video Adapter NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 (1048256 KB)

Video Adapter NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 (1048256 KB)

3D Accelerator nVIDIA GeForce GTX 460

Monitor LG L1942 (Analog) [19" LCD] (2101249129)

Monitor LG L1942 (Digital) [19" LCD] (2001144303)

Multimedia:

Audio Adapter nVIDIA HDMI @ nVIDIA GF104 - High Definition Audio Controller

Audio Adapter Realtek ALC892 @ ATI SB750 - High Definition Audio Controller

Storage:

IDE Controller Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller

IDE Controller Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller

Disk Drive OCZ VERTEX PLUS ATA Device (SATA-II)

Disk Drive WDC WD6400AACS-00D6B1 ATA Device (596 GB, IDE)

I uninstalled version 6 and reinstalled version 5.4 tonight - 5.4 works really well on this system.

Version 6 takes about 3 minutes to scan the Registry. Versio 5.4 takes about 45 seconds.

I uninstalled version 6 and reinstalled version 5.4 tonight - 5.4 works really well on this system.

Thank you niceget!

I am glad you have resolved the issue for now by reverting to 5.4.:-)

I am most curious if you had made sure that all of the settings were the same..? perhaps version 6 was being asked to do more?? (and so took longer)

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

After comparing the results of both 5.4 and 6, I find that 6 slows down the boot-up, causes video-stuttering during heavy 3D browser gaming and slows down the launch-speed of most all installed applications on Windows 7 64 bit.

I am not a developer but I am an expert remote with Windows since 98. This is probably just the normal lot of anomalies associated with a newly released version of any application. I am sure after it's been installed a 100,000 computers the feedback from the forum and tech-support will remove most all the glitches in ASCPro 6. I'll just wait until there is a new build.

Thanks for your help.

After comparing the results of both 5.4 and 6, I find that 6 slows down the boot-up, causes video-stuttering during heavy 3D browser gaming and slows down the launch-speed of most all installed applications on Windows 7 64 bit.

You do Not Need to load ASC at boot-up,

and you definitely should Not be running ASC Utility programs, that make major-changes to the computer, while other Programs are running.

ASC should Only be run with Needed utilities selected, when Nothing else is running, in my opinion.

and you definitely should Not be running ASC Utility programs, that make major-changes to the computer, while other Programs are running.

ASC should Only be run with Needed utilities selected, when Nothing else is running, in my opinion.

Then why does 5.4 works so well when nothing has changed in my system setup? By the way, I really liked the Metal Skin for ASC 5.4. That would be nice to see on 6 (next build) when I try it again.

Hi Niceget

May I ask why you were doing a Deep Registry Scan. Were you having issues with your machine. A normal registry scan/clean is usually enough to optimose your machine, and deep scan/clean should only be used toresolve issues.

Also. the first time you do a deep scan, it does take a while to run, as it is digging deepinto the system. You will find that once you have done a clean, that subsequent registry scans will be much faster as the registry is not as cluttered and fragmented.

This is very normal for initial scans for most software.

• 1 month later...

Aye Toppack!

Very sound advisement! Thanks! :grin:

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and Prosper!

Archived