IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

A couple Bugs

#1 All of a sudden beta 1 has been telling me I have 9 days left to register.

#2 When it automatically cleans privacy it makes Microsofts anti-virus think it has never scanned the system and causes it to give warnings that the system is unprotected.

#3 The auto registry repair is too aggressive and tends to delete items you need causing erratic behavior on the next boot. Why can't anybody make a registry tool that actually looks for file names listed in registry keys and then attempts to find them on the computer and correct the errant line rather than just deleting everything. It seems to me years ago microsoft had a program regmaid or regclean that actually repaired registry items rather than just deleting them.:roll:

Hi tomgandalf,

#1 ASC Ultimate will be released soon, so probably it started behaving like a trial version of ASC with Antivirus 2013.

#2 Did you untick Windows Defender and MS Antimalware or similar checkboxes in Windows section of Privacy Sweep under Care in the Settings?

#3 I wish it was that simple! But if you remember, MS had withdrawn Regclean in W98 era from downloading as it was causing problems in the registry.

Cheers.

Hi tomgandalf,

#1 ASC Ultimate will be released soon, so probably it started behaving like a trial version of ASC with Antivirus 2013.

#2 Did you untick Windows Defender and MS Antimalware or similar checkboxes in Windows section of Privacy Sweep under Care in the Settings?

#3 I wish it was that simple! But if you remember, MS had withdrawn Regclean in W98 era from downloading as it was causing problems in the registry.

Cheers.

! That's weird so I guess the beta will stop functioning in 5 days.

2 Duh my bad I should have looked more closely:oops:

3 Well I used both regclean and regmaid and one of them really did a nice job I thought, the other one was more finicky and could leave you in trouble but it seems that after all this time somebody could have coded a more intelligent registry repair system, microsoft must have something they use in house its just too bad that their softlib is no longer accessible.

Thanks for your responses!http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=10834&stc=1&d=1352933757

Archived