IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

ASC 6 CRASHED My Other Antivirus Programs

gonwk

Hi folks,

I just wanted to WARN everyone NOT to install or use IObit Advanced SystemCare 6.0.8.170 for several reasons ... none of the following points in any importance order ...

1) Anytime that a program does NOT allow to open it as I want, and automatically starts itself ... and hides the "Disable" button ... I automatically consider it as a MALWARE. And for sure ASC 6 acts like that.

2) Removal of this program was HELL. Almost Crapped out my laptop that runs Vista Home Prem., X64.

3) After installing this little Jewel, I could NO LONGER update my other Stand-alone Anti-Spyware and Anti-Malware programs ... like SuperAntiSpyware Scanner, Malwarebytes Antimalware, even WinPatrol was acting up. So, with all due repect to me ASC 6 Sucks a Big Way.

4) Even after I did a Deep Clean & Removal using Revo Uninstaller ... this Piece of work (ASC 6) had remnents left.

I was OK with ASC 5 version, even though when I had if OFF it would have annoying Pop-Ups reminding me to upgrade or run it.

Thanks,

G! :smile:

Hi folks,

I just wanted to WARN everyone NOT to install or use IObit Advanced SystemCare 6.0.8.170 for several reasons ... none of the following points in any importance order ...

1) Anytime that a program does NOT allow to open it as I want, and automatically starts itself ... and hides the "Disable" button ... I automatically consider it as a MALWARE. And for sure ASC 6 acts like that.

2) Removal of this program was HELL. Almost Crapped out my laptop that runs Vista Home Prem., X64.

3) After installing this little Jewel, I could NO LONGER update my other Stand-alone Anti-Spyware and Anti-Malware programs ... like SuperAntiSpyware Scanner, Malwarebytes Antimalware, even WinPatrol was acting up. So, with all due repect to me ASC 6 Sucks a Big Way.

4) Even after I did a Deep Clean & Removal using Revo Uninstaller ... this Piece of work (ASC 6) had remnents left.

I was OK with ASC 5 version, even though when I had if OFF it would have annoying Pop-Ups reminding me to upgrade or run it.

Thanks,

G! :smile:

Hi gonwk!

Welcome back!

1) All the automatic functions are still easily disabled within the settings... all you have to do is uncheck (untick) them.

2) I also am running Vista HP (SP2) and have never had any problems uninstalling any Iobit softwares (including ver. 6 which I think I installed and uninstalled using REVO 4 or 5 times).

3) This I will try to address in my summary paragraph.

4) REVO has no "deep clean" function, but ASC 6 does... perhaps you could clarify this??

Summary:

You have been using ASC and upgrading since you joined here in October 2009? As you are posting on the ASC 6 forum, that is the logical conclusion?

Considering the millions of downloads... and the relatively small number of problems posted against that... wouldn't it be better to isolate the true source of the problem then to say..

I just wanted to WARN everyone NOT to install or use IObit Advanced SystemCare 6.0.8.170
:?: If you could perhaps consider that there is a combination of factors involved with your software interactions that have coincidentally led you to this conclusion... and wish to isolate them, then please continue here.:grin: The warning you give is too broad as the vast majority of users have no problems with ASC 6.;-)

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

Archived