IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

128 bit Operating-system ?

Toppack

I remember reading somewhere that Microsoft has plans of introducing a 128 bit OS,

and I think it said that would be in Window-9.

And had Dropped plans of making a 128bit version of Windows-8.

But when I looked for that Info again I could not find it. :shock:

Anyone here have 'Up to Date' Info about 128 bit OS?

Note - there are a lot of Old articals out there that are Not current

Hi Toppack

I saw quite a few items on this and the more I looked at it, it seems that it was simply a leaked idea that microsoft was looking at it. From everything I could gather, it simply is not even feasible, due to not processors yet developed and not likely to be anytime soon.

Have a look at this article:https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=63758.20

I think it very simply answers the question.

From everything I could gather, it simply is not even feasible, due to not processors yet developed and not likely to be anytime soon.

Yes, I agree!

That's why I was again trying to determine if the writer, of that artical, knew something that no one else does,

but evidently the artical has been removed, probably because he had the 'facts wrong'. :roll:

I think W-9 will be releasted long before there will be a need for a 128bit OS, but Maybe not?

I suppose it depends on how Long Microsoft is still 'making-money' with W-7 and W-8? :lol:

Yep, it is on my wishlist also. They had thought it would take twenty years but recent developements have given them the hope that it could be available within 5/7 years... fingers crossed it may even be sooner.

No more speed/memory problems and it cannot be hacked/infected.

Yep, it is on my wishlist also. They had thought it would take twenty years but recent developements have given them the hope that it could be available within 5/7 years... fingers crossed it may even be sooner.

No more speed/memory problems and it cannot be hacked/infected.

At least that long IMO. Look how few native 64 bit games/applications there are now. We have a good 64 bit OS but most games run in 32 bit comparability mode. I don't know is there is a single one out yet.

At least that long IMO. Look how few native 64 bit games/applications there are now. We have a good 64 bit OS but most games run in 32 bit comparability mode. I don't know is there is a single one out yet.

Yes, I Blame it on the 'Poor Economy'! :???:

Since I can't come-up with a better reason for the extreme Slow-down of software development. :sad:

Toppack

Actually, I believe the problem is that the hardware is not keeping pace with the software development. More powerful processors and faster drives are required to enable software to continue to become more advanced.

Yes, but the Slow Economy is the Cause of the Slowing of both Hardware and Software developement. :roll:

If they can't Sell what they are making Now, manufacturers can not spend money on new designs.

Come-on everybody! Buy several new computers with new software, so I can get my new 128bit computer. :lol:

Someone should tell Apple about the slow economy. They seem to have increased their release of new products, and judging by the reports, there seems to be no lack of buyers.

Maybe we should be grateful, as this may speed up the development of more powerful processors and OS's

Someone should tell Apple about the slow economy. They seem to have increased their release of new products, and judging by the reports, there seems to be no lack of buyers.

Maybe we should be grateful, as this may speed up the development of more powerful processors and OS's

Yep that's true, that's why we still own a lot of Apple company Stock. :grin:

Even though I have not purchased any Apple products since the Old Apple-II days in the mid '70s. :wink:

Archived